The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

something tells me Kush doesn't skate.

Kush is probably wired up and getting Whitaker on tape as part of his role as cooperating double agent for Mueller.  Savvy move by Whitaker to isolate their conversation to a noisy helicopter cabin to foil the recording device.  

While we're in a little bit of a lull here, what will Mueller's riposte be to the Trump WH if they claim that they didn't know any better? 

Esp with respect to collusion and conspiracy to defraud, but also improper financial activity.

I know the FBI warned the Trump campaign on at least one occasion about their concerns re: Russian meddling. What are the other ways that the existing govt tries to educate R and D candidates during a campaign?

Edited by retread

10 minutes ago, retread said:

what will Mueller's riposte be to the Trump WH if they claim that they didn't know any better? 

They lied about it repeatedly. 

That defense only works when you’re completely honest from the beginning, and even then it’s not a great defense.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

As Trump and his inner circle get more and more cornered, it seems like something they would try. 

I'm sure they were educated by Obama officials when he became the R nominee, but I'm also sure that they blew past any of that information -- just like Kush blew past being truthful on his SF-86.

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

I'd guess the biggest direct impacts would be on the NRA, the Center for National Interest, George O'Neil, Sheriff Clark, and former Congressman Rohrabacher.  And, of course, she might testify to the officialness of the Russian effort, as it pertains to her. 

But I doubt she knows much beyond her particular sphere of actions.  I'm guessing of each of the individual efforts were fairly compartmentalized, only connecting on the Russia end, and sometimes on the Trump end. She might know about some of the contacts between Trump and/or Jr (or other Republicans) and the Russians through the NRA, but it's unlikely she directly witnessed them.  

I think the Cohen testimony may be more impactful on the GOP.  Something that keeps getting ignored: he was the deputy finance chair for the GOP.  He was in charge of fundraising and it's obvious he had zero ethical obstacles.  If the GOP was soliciting illegal donations, he was involved. 

I agree she is no mastermind that knows the ins and outs of anything beyond her direct connections, but I do think she could lead to others that lead in all sorts of directions.  She could be an exposed thread that, when pulled, unravels the whole veil covering the GOP/Russia affair.

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yeesh, John Kelly talking to Mueller can't give the Cheeto any warm fuzzies.  He doesn't seem like the type to run cover for Trump just because he's asked to, i.e. he's not a scumbag like most of the others in Trump's inner circle.

The other thing we are finding out is it just doesn't matter if you lie or if you are a scumbag.  When the corruption is this open and obvious, there are so many different pieces of evidence to corroborate everything.  Your lie is bailing water with a spoon after a torpedo opened the hull.

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yeesh, John Kelly talking to Mueller can't give the Cheeto any warm fuzzies.  He doesn't seem like the type to run cover for Trump just because he's asked to, i.e. he's not a scumbag like most of the others in Trump's inner circle.

Oh, Kelly's a piece of shit, but he's not a criminal piece of shit.  And in THIS admin, that pretty much makes him an Eagle Scout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Kush is probably wired up and getting Whitaker on tape as part of his role as cooperating double agent for Mueller.  Savvy move by Whitaker to isolate their conversation to a noisy helicopter cabin to foil the recording device.  

Kushy, you broke my heart.

aRKJQR.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, Kelly's a piece of shit, but he's not a criminal piece of shit.  And in THIS admin, that pretty much makes him an Eagle Scout.

I don't believe Kelly would be dumb enough to lie to Mueller.  He knows that too many people are flipping and lying is only gets you a ticket to the stay with Club Fed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe Kelly would be dumb enough to lie to Mueller.  He knows that too many people are flipping and lying is only gets you a ticket to the stay with Club Fed.

Yeah, don’t see Kelly willing to go down for Donnie. He knows Trump is loyal only to himself and Ivanka, and I doubt Trump has earned even a smattering of loyalty from Kelly. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Oh, don't misunderstand my point -- I don't think Kelly would lie.  I don't think he's a criminal, as a matter of character.

But he's a huge piece of shit.  Seriously, in most any other admin, he'd be one of the shittier people associated with the admin.  Here, he's likely one of the most honorable.  That's how far down the shitter we are.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I honestly think it might just have been that Kelly talked to Mueller and he just found out about it. Although, could someone speak to Mueller that long ago and the president not find out until last night? Surely he has at least one source.

Isn’t the memo due today detailing Manafort’s violation of his plea deal?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s about 300 pages of the Mueller report already written.  Just read the criminal information in all the indictments starting with the Internet Research Agency and ending with the Cohen criminal information.

Then read the Dossier. 

Mind blowing how it’s all starting to come together.

Corgressional Republicans trying to run interference...Mueller=Gumby

gumby-reject.gif

Here’s the breakdown (not including the Dossier).

Dt1W-6cW4AAKT2N?format=jpg&name=900x900

53 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I honestly think it might just have been that Kelly talked to Mueller and he just found out about it. Although, could someone speak to Mueller that long ago and the president not find out until last night? Surely he has at least one source.

It was reported that Trump thought that his conversations with Don McGahn were covered by attorney client privilege and then freaked the fuck out when someone informed him that the United States was McGahn's client and that McGahn had spent 30 hours with the special counsel.  I think Trump speaks way too freely around what he considers his inner circle and it's going to fuck him on this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yuk said:

It was reported that Trump thought that his conversations with Don McGahn were covered by attorney client privilege and then freaked the fuck out when someone informed him that the United States was McGahn's client and that McGahn had spent 30 hours with the special counsel.  I think Trump speaks way too freely around what he considers his inner circle and it's going to fuck him on this.

I would assume that McGahn and Trump conversations still have some ability to be covered by executive privilege or at least that could be argued.  but from my understanding that is not anywhere as stringent as attorney-client privilege.