The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

This stuff is hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the mass of corruption that occurs openly and is perfectly legal.

You know, I bet if you look hard enough, you might find the reason(s) why certain things are legal and other things are illegal. 

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Manafort also acted as a foreign agent without advising the AG of his activities, is he also a spy?

You mean like the time when he put in writing that he would give 'private briefings' about the Trump Campaign to a Russian Oligarch that he owed millions to just weeks after taking over said campaign?

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

@popehat is one of the best twitter follows out there. 

I've listened to a few podcasts with him on it (one of which is All The President's Lawyers) and his online persona in comparison to how he sounds when discussing legal matters "live" in more... polite circumstances is pretty much exactly how I imagine most surly professionals, particularly the roving gang of lawyers.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's pretty fascinating watching all the GOP congress critters stumble around and try to deny what's occurring right now in regard to just the campaign finance felonious activity.  Can't wait to see them really melt down with the shit actually hits the fan.

I've read bad conduct isn't a crime, he paid for with his own money, it's no different than what we do to other countries, no different than a lobbyist, etc. and yet, it's all crimes when Democrat.  Since when was laundering, obstruction, perjury, fraud, election tampering, and emoluments nothing?   There's probably more that I'm missing in this nothing burger that threatens every facet of our democracy.  Fox News exists entirely to blame Democrats--but of what if this is all fine?  

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, and if they get caught they'll get arrested because it's a crime in those countries. They might even get killed, depending on the country. That's the nature of intelligence work. 

Something about poisonings, something or other but many assassinated Russians globally including DC, something, something, but I can't really put my finger on it.  

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/890630089263562753

@LouiseMensch: To be clear a data AI system developed by DARPA. @genflynn gave the algorithms to Russia. He's done and he's singing. https://t.co/MY9sq79nB4

I know, I know, it's Mensch. But.....

https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-flynn-pentagon-internet-2016-11

IF true, I don't see how he doesn't serve jail time. Unless he was some double secret spy and handed over a back door script to Russian intelligence. 

No, see, what y'all don't get is that the GOP is the party of the rule of law.  You can tell, because their current incarnation is built on a foundation of relentless investigation of Hillary Clinton for any possible criminal wrongdoing, punctuated with repeated, passionate chants of "LOCK HER UP!"  See, you only lock up people who have committed crimes, so the GOP is OBVIOUSLY anti-crime.

Therefore, their current position of "crimes don't matter" is just a ruse, to make you think that they aren't really the party of the rule of law, when in reality, they ARE the party of the rule of law.

border-princess.jpg?w=450

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fozzz said:

It’s odd that the press reported that stupid Erickson note regarding an FSB job offer but forgot to report anything regarding Butina working with the FSB. It’s also odd that the information the government is seeking from Butina in connection with her plea agreement has nothing to do with her ties to the FSB. 

It's a fair point.  I didn't read the NYT article until last night, and it sounds like the prosecutors didn't include the intelligence references they put out there originally. I consider that more of a gap of information rather than providing contradiction.  But that's me filling in the gaps and I'm not going to argue with people filling in gaps with different conclusions.  I'll put a pin in it until more information comes out. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

No, see, what y'all don't get is that the GOP is the party of the rule of law.  You can tell, because their current incarnation is built on a foundation of relentless investigation of Hillary Clinton for any possible criminal wrongdoing, punctuated with repeated, passionate chants of "LOCK HER UP!"  See, you only lock up people who have committed crimes, so the GOP is OBVIOUSLY anti-crime.

Therefore, their current position of "crimes don't matter" is just a ruse, to make you think that they aren't really the party of the rule of law, when in reality, they ARE the party of the rule of law.

border-princess.jpg?w=450

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Republican when rule of law is on the line!

18 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I’m willing to believe the people running FNC aren’t drinking the Flavor-Aid. 

Trotting our Judge Napalittleitaly to say things are bad.  The stuff about the murdered and dismembered journalist, etc.

they are slowly prepping their fans.  The only problem is they don’t have anybody warming up in the bullpen.

16 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Maybe she's a double agent working for the CIA as part of an operation to bring down the Trump admin?  Who is to say?  What she was charged with has nothing to do with espionage.  Manafort also acted as a foreign agent without advising the AG of his activities, is he also a spy?

I'm not a Trump supporter, much less a conservative.  I just don't see much there to support the contention that she is a spy.  I also find it a little funny how we treat a story of someone peddling influence for a foreign government as so scandalous when few care about the influence peddling that occurs every day in Washington that dwarfs whatever the Russians are doing.  This stuff is hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the mass of corruption that occurs openly and is perfectly legal.

No, but you sure as dumb as one.