The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And that’s a big part of the reason that we’re toast. The GOP has succeeded in minimizing and normalizing a relentless and multi-layered criminal enterprise by the administration. That’s going to be our new normal after this. Once you go criminal banana republic, you don’t go back. The damage done to our institutions is irrevocable.

Yep. I'm not sure how you go from brazen and outlandish illegal activity back to light criminality that was the norm in DC before Trump.

• Like 1

Let the House pass it and then force the Republican Senators to approve it or have it used against them in 2020 on the campaign trail.  Not very easy to explain why you support corruption.  I have no doubt they will try, but that combined with the Trump weight around their necks will be too much to overcome.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, that nra money is going to bring down more than the nra, i reckon.

this, to me, is a bigger story than just trump. there's a reason so many congress critters ran for the hills.

Completely agree. Paul Ryan for example. People trying to get out before shit hits the fan and they are implicated 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, that nra money is going to bring down more than the nra, i reckon.

this, to me, is a bigger story than just trump. there's a reason so many congress critters ran for the hills.

yes, and i bet there's a lot more roosky money flowing around this country than just in congress.  if i were an entity that took it, i'd be sweating right now.  that mueller bunch is on the hunt.

Edited by yaqdum

oh, weird:

The 2016 Bonanza

The NRA went big in 2016, breaking its own spending records to help catapult Donald Trump into the White House and protect Republican majorities in the House and Senate. The organization’s Federal Election Commission reports show that the nation’s preeminent gun-rights group spent at least $54.4 million boosting Republicans — with Donald Trump being, by far, the biggest beneficiary of that firepower, reaping $31.2 million in support.

The bulk of the NRA’s spending in 2016, $35.2 million, was channeled not through its political action committee, but through its 501(c)(4) nonprofit arm. It’s this section of the NRA — which doesn’t have to disclose its donors — whose finances are reported in the audit obtained by OpenSecrets.

Such nonprofits are not supposed to have politics as their primary purpose, but they can raise and spend unlimited funds from anonymous donors and easily spend millions on elections without much oversight from the IRS or the FEC. The fact that they can do so without disclosing their donors is why they are often referred to as “dark money” groups.

The NRA’s massive 2016 push was part of what ultimately became a $100 million spike in the group’s outlays between 2015 and 2016. But that spending wasn’t matched with similar growth in revenue, leaving the NRA with a deficit of more than $14.8 million.

This deficit is in what’s called “unrestricted” net assets, which are funds that are available to be spent at the discretion of a board.

A year later, with its chosen candidate in office, the NRA’s spending plummeted by $76 million, according to the audit.

wonder where all that 501(c)(4) money came from?

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/09/nra-in-the-red-for-2nd-straight-year/

uh-huh.

Butina pleads guilty to Conspiracy against the US and is a cooperating witness.  18 U.S.C. § 371.  Sound familiar ?

Step by step this is leading straight to Trump/GOP conspiring with Russia and their river of dirty cash to throw the election and bribe for foreign policy changes on demand. 

Follow the money.  The illicit paper trail will be as open and shut as it was for Manafort.  RUS ---> NRA (among other conduits) ---> Trump/GOP.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, retread said:

^ I think we'll have to have congressmen/women (Rs and Ds) who are willing to throw others in their caucus overboard for illegal or unethical behavior. 

You mean to enable it/allow it?  I agree.  The level of commitment to protecting corruption and treason is impressive.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You mean to enable it/allow it?  I agree.  The level of commitment to protecting corruption and treason is impressive.

Yes. I do think the Rs are the heavy favorites to win the dirty politician count, and by a landslide.

Goes back to earlier discussions about how to return to normal and how to hit the reset button on criminality in DC. Somehow, both sides would have to come together and strive for major reform and major investigations. I'm afraid too many are heavily invested in covering up corruption for this to happen.

14 minutes ago, retread said:

Pence and Hannity are in my top 5 wish list of non-obvious Mueller/SDNY targets.

my assumption is that both are in the magazine.  it's murdoch who's being so quiet.  you can hear the marshmellows bubbling over the campfire.

The Russian took many selfies of themselves brandishing smocking guns.

There is so much corruption embedded in all this, where to begin? As soon as Mueller "wraps it up" new cimes will take place. There is so much crime and criminality to hunt for, but which hunt is the prime one. Idk .. which hunt do u choose?!!

Which hunt!??

Just now, ADHD said:

The Russian took many selfies of themselves brandishing smocking guns.

There is so much corruption embedded in all this, where to begin? As soon as Mueller "wraps it up" new cimes will take place. There is so much crime and criminality to hunt for, but which hunt is the prime one. Idk .. which hunt do u choose?!!

Which hunt!??

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_520433.jpg

9 minutes ago, yaqdum said:

my assumption is that both are in the magazine.  it's murdoch who's being so quiet.  you can hear the marshmellows bubbling over the campfire.

Recall Fox News and Fox Politics stopped tweeting two days after Murdoch went to visit Mitch McConnell late after hours as soon as the Senate shut-down commenced in November.

VV

Spoiler

DtjmoJ5VYAAwmdl.jpg:large

Edited by triplehorn

21 hours ago, NBMisha said:

The last one I remember was n 76 or 78 when Prop 13, which froze property taxes at sale price was passed with a sizeable majority, against the campaign of then governor Jerry Brown.  When asked the next day if he would honor the vote, he said yes because "I don't learn fast but I learn real good".  Then I did a 180 and thought he was good.

I voted for him in the primary where his main issue was campaign and political reform. I think that was the year Clinton got the nomination. It was an interesting Dem field because all of the heavy hitters like Sam Nunn thought HW Bush would be unbeatable when his favorables hit the 90s after the first Iraq war.

A lot of bitter big time Dems missed their shot. Fuck 'em for being chicken.

7 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Butina better be in a nuke proof bunker.  Russians don't like cooperation with prosecutors.

But what does she know? And can she be trusted to tell everything she knows if she happens to know any high level intel (which I would guess is doubtful).

Feign cooperation, tell them trivial shit, do your time, your parents don't get killed, and you're rewarded when you get out of jail. 

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It was an interesting Dem field because all of the heavy hitters like Sam Nunn thought HW Bush would be unbeatable when his favorables hit the 90s after the first Iraq war.

Correction: During the Gulf War. His approval rating after the war fell when people noticed the economy was in the shitter. If he had sustained the war through the election then he would've won a second term.

Dubya made sure not to make the same mistake. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But what does she know? And can she be trusted to tell everything she knows if she happens to know any high level intel (which I would guess is doubtful).

Feign cooperation, tell them trivial shit, do your time, your parents don't get killed, and you're rewarded when you get out of jail. 

read that twitter thread above. 

holy shit.

i've been saying that the nra is going to suffer here, but i think the republican party might completely implode. how much complicity is there? jesus christ, erickson HELPED her draft a statement back to the fucking russian government! 

she was all over the place.

remember yesterday when certain posters were trying to say she wasn't a spy in the strictest sense of the word? that distinction seems purely academic. she was clearly and intentionally an agent of the russian government trying to influence political actors in our country to further russian interests in return for russian money.

holy fuck, it's worse than i thought. 

The idiocy itt has spread to #shitlibtwitter.

Note how the second screenshot does nothing to counter the comments made by Aaron in the first screenshot.  The only thing Aaron is wrong about is that it technically wasn't a FARA charge, although what she was charged with criminalizes similar conduct.

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There was a reason Red Sparrow came out in early 2018...do you not even conspiracy theory bro?

Correction: During the Gulf War. His approval rating after the war fell when people noticed the economy was in the shitter. If he had sustained the war through the election then he would've won a second term.

I recall SNL had a skit roughly called “who will be the democratic candidate to loose to Bush”

2 years is a long time in politics

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Note how the second screenshot does nothing to counter the comments made by Aaron in the first screenshot.  The only thing Aaron is wrong about is that it technically wasn't a FARA charge, although what she was charged with criminalizes similar conduct.

You think it's fine for the Russian government to be funneling money through the NRA to Republican politicians?  Eventually it's going to come out that this was also to be in exchange for lifting sanctions.  Just wait.

5 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

This is still a stupid point. But keep being stupid if you want. 

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

True. Thinking that was common knowledge, I refer to the time when politicians were deciding to run. At that moment, Bush seemed unbeatable.

I could have been clearer. Apologies.

51 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Recall Fox News and Fox Politics stopped tweeting two days after Murdoch went to visit Mitch McConnell late after hours as soon as the Senate shut-down commenced in November.

VV

Reveal hidden contents

DtjmoJ5VYAAwmdl.jpg:large

you know, i had forgotten that.  good reminder.