The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They’re both unregistered agents of influence (NOT SPIES). 

Butina is Trump

Trump is Butina 

However, they didn’t really work together and they had very different motivations.

Okay, we both believe that, but the more important question to answer is this:

Whether Trump is or is not compromised by Russia, how is it in the GOPs best interests to join him in his fight to undermine and obstruct the investigation into Russian 2016 election influence?

Answer:  Only if the party itself cannot hold up under such scrutiny.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

confirming what most people saw coming... turns out millions in dark money paid to the inauguration (that went unaccounted for) is under criminal investigation 

GenuineGlamorousAmmonite-small.gif

ABC: Special counsel probing donations with foreign connections to Trump inauguration

Mueller investigating Russian billionaires invited to Trump inauguration festivities: report

also this little tdbit about Torshin:  

"A member of Putin’s right-wing United Russia party, he served in the Russian senate for more than a decade, forging close ties to Russia’s internal security service, the FSB, which awarded him a medal in 2016." 

The dude is more than a stumpy roly-poly politician with a passion for borscht.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Forgive me if this has been brought up but what do you make of this tweet from 2016?

Translated, this reads:  

Maria Butina is in the USA now. She writes to me that D. Trump (a member of the NRA) is ready for cooperation with Russia.

Yeah, I posted it a few pages back.   Seemed suspiciously overt. 

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Forgive me if this has been brought up but what do you make of this tweet from 2016?

Translated, this reads:  

Maria Butina is in the USA now. She writes to me that D. Trump (a member of the NRA) is ready for cooperation with Russia.

I'd use that if I was Butina's lawyers.  The opposite of using evidence of a cover-up to prove criminal intent.  "We weren't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.  We were fucking tweeting what we were doing."

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'd use that if I was Butina's lawyers.  The opposite of using evidence of a cover-up to prove criminal intent.  "We weren't trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.  We were fucking tweeting what we were doing."

Kinda like Trump and obstructing justice.

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

True. Thinking that was common knowledge, I refer to the time when politicians were deciding to run. At that moment, Bush seemed unbeatable.

I could have been clearer. Apologies.

"Read my lips, no new taxes".  THAT was THE main reason he lost. A bad economy will sink your presidency, but that killed his chances. He signed the bill and knew it would cost him, but was the right thing to do.

"Read my lips, no new taxes".  THAT was THE main reason he lost. A bad economy will sink your presidency, but that killed his chances. He signed the bill and knew it would cost him, but was the right thing to do.

He lost because he did the right thing and Republicans punished him for it because Republicans oppose deficit reduction during expansion.
  • Like 6

Carter also lost because he did the right thing and accepted that Volker was going to tighten the money supply and that it would trigger a recession that would most likely kill his re-election chances. But it was the only way to squeeze inflation out of the economy.  He told Volker to do so.  Notice  that Volker was the only Carter appointee that Reagan kept on. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I agree completely.

That also came after the major Dems had decided not to run for fear of his popularity prior to his brave and politically suicidal move.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Puking in the Japanese Prime Minister's lap at a foreign state dinner didn't help, either.  But, yeah, it was the economy. 

Yeah, that and the hey what's this crazy scanner thing in the grocery check out line, what's a gallon of milk cost, and I'm gonna spur economic development by purchasing a pair of socks.  He was made to look out of touch and too elite to know what basic necessities cost.

He wasn't a win at all costs kind of man it seems, he didn't really seem that eager to win the election either.

If she was was important enough for Putin to murder then she would never have agreed to a plea deal no matter how long they had her locked up in solitary.  Too bad all of the neo-McCarthyism around here prevents y'all from seeing how wrong that is.

• Fuck You 2

This is correct.  The use of solitary as a way of torturing her into a plea agreement is extremely shameful.

“When our Marines, sent to Lebanon on a multinational peacekeeping mission with the consent of the United States Congress, were murdered in their sleep, the "blame America first crowd" didn't blame the terrorists who murdered the Marines, they blamed the United States. But then, they always blame America first. . . . The American people know better.”

I miss the good-old-days when the libs were the Blame America First crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

“When our Marines, sent to Lebanon on a multinational peacekeeping mission with the consent of the United States Congress, were murdered in their sleep, the "blame America first crowd" didn't blame the terrorists who murdered the Marines, they blamed the United States. But then, they always blame America first. . . . The American people know better.”

I miss the good-old-days when the libs were the Blame America First crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So I’ve concluded Kushner is either a Felix Sater level informant or he’s going to prison forever.  

There’s no way he is getting away with all his shit. 

I have a buddy who thinks the entire Trump clan will either wind up in jail or live in exile. Actual, old-fashioned exile.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

And kind of like all Mob style activities,  there's a veneer of business legitimacy masking the underlying criminal enterprise.

Yeah, Trump runs this multinational billion dollar real estate empire and Michael Cohen is the lawyer overseeing the entire thing?  M'kay.