2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

McConnell could now be considering a 50-50 split a win given sinema and manchin. The gop internal poll must be aligning to the public perception Oz is finished so PA flips. Kelly seems like he will retain AZ. For a majority now, McConnell has to count on flipping both NV and GA while holding onto NC, OH and WI. The window for a GOP 51 is getting incredibly small.

inflation is dropping. Gas prices are dropping. Biden seems to have found the bottom of his disapproval rating, stock market is “only” down 10% for the year and eating away the loss almost daily. Biden killed terrorist #1.  Unemployment back to an all time low. The gop can say it’s the bad times but not for most people.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

McConnell could now be considering a 50-50 split a win given sinema and manchin. The gop internal poll must be aligning to the public perception Oz is finished so PA flips. Kelly seems like he will retain AZ. For a majority now, McConnell has to count on flipping both NV and GA while holding onto NC, OH and WI. The window for a GOP 51 is getting incredibly small.

inflation is dropping. Gas prices are dropping. Biden seems to have found the bottom of his disapproval rating, stock market is “only” down 10% for the year and eating away the loss almost daily. Biden killed terrorist #1.  Unemployment back to an all time low. The gop can say it’s the bad times but not for most people.

hopefully putin's bitch goes down in wisconsin 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Is there any chance in hell the house doesn’t flip? Like what is more likely, Texas winning 8 games or Democrats retaining the house?

Definitely dems keeping the house. Unless we average 56 points a game. But then again we did give up 57 to Kansas.

• Rage+1 2

University of North Florida, 8/8-12

Demings 48
Rubio 44

Same poll has DeSantis up 7 or 8 in the governor race (50-43 over Nikki Fried and 50-42 over Charlie Crist). Biden 38-59 approval, so in line with most polling. 

71% oppose a Florida law to make all abortions illegal to only 27% support. 

They haven't polled this race since February, when it was Rubio 46 - Demings 34 and DeSantis was up 55-34 on Crist and 55-32 on Fried

• Hook 'Em 2

Also the Dem party has 4 at-risk senate seats (WV, AZ, MI, MT) in 2024. Walking into the '24 election with a 2-seat majority could be critical regardless who wins the presidency. Losing a winnable senate seat in '22 could have far reaching impact for the Dems.

4 is putting it very generously. Democratic incumbents are defending in MT, NV, AZ, WI, OH, MI, PA, and WV. If Biden remains as unpopular as he is, NM and MN could be in play. There is no realistic pickup on the table.

The difference between 50 and 52 this year may seem trivial, but it is enormous in putting a filibuster proof majority out of reach for the GOP in 2024.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anyone disappointed about “ only keeping the senate” is crazy.  McConnell is obsessed with judges. He horded tons of nominations besides the very notable metrics garland snub. We need another 2 years of appointing judges. We need to be able to replace a Supreme Court justice if we get lucky and one of the GOP justices retire or croak.

keeping the senate for 2+ more years is great if we can hold on to it this fall. It’s way more important than the house.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I bet Oz is using his TV show media team or at least following TV show tactics. His crudite tweet looks like a tv segment on how to create a healthy alternative in place of potato chips for a party. Great for the 2pm TV viewer but looks horrible for PA politics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I bet Oz is using his TV show media team or at least following TV show tactics. His crudite tweet looks like a tv segment on how to create a healthy alternative in place of potato chips for a party. Great for the 2pm TV viewer but looks horrible for PA politics.

Crudite might win you some points in California, but god damn, PA folk think he's such a joke.  Can't wait to see his popularity numbers nosedive further.

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How is 61.5% to 38.5% a toss-up?

They're not saying that Budd will get 61% of the vote but the analysis says he has a 60% chance of winning. With political odds that is normally considered a toss-up. It's an arbitrary definition that anyone is free to disagree with.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, The Dog said:

"$6?! Must be a shortage of salsa!" The way he says that just cracks me up. Kind of a tongue twister and add in the bad acting and it just comes out so funny. 

"Shortage of salsa... shortage of salsa... shortage of salsa"

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

"$6?! Must be a shortage of salsa!" The way he says that just cracks me up. Kind of a tongue twister and add in the bad acting and it just comes out so funny. 

These pretzels...ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

He says that in front of a fully-stocked shelf of salsa.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Oh....?

that poll is fucky. Here's how the Florida Democratic primary results stack up against all the others (and unlike the Senate poll there's been recent polling):

image.thumb.png.613af9ad5cda39a8b10a8d8e95ad545e.png

I mean, it COULD be correct but it appears to be a serious outlier at this point.

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're not saying that Budd will get 61% of the vote but the analysis says he has a 60% chance of winning. With political odds that is normally considered a toss-up. It's an arbitrary definition that anyone is free to disagree with.

I know it was chance of winning since it was written on the image. But there is no way in fuck that having a 60/40 split is a toss-up whether in an election or a ballgame. 

34 minutes ago, The Dog said:

that poll is fucky. Here's how the Florida Democratic primary results stack up against all the others (and unlike the Senate poll there's been recent polling):

image.thumb.png.613af9ad5cda39a8b10a8d8e95ad545e.png

I mean, it COULD be correct but it appears to be a serious outlier at this point.

I give it the same credence as those that had Hegar with a chance in hell against Cornyn.

By the way, did you know she was in a helicopter crash and used to drive a Harley?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Not sure but the speaker on that video looks like she has a post organism glow and that she used the spooge on her hair which may explain her confusion

015049ebe5cb81ee46c360ecb69b2435_w200.gi 

Tell us more about this "post organism" glow. What is that, like post moulting? Post chrysalis?