2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

17 hours ago, Js1 said:

Assuming the 2 GA polls were in the same group of people, it's bad news for Herschel that he's underperforming Kemp by 9.  However it's not like those 9 are migrating to Warnock but rather many of them look to be other or undecided. 

My guess is that this sub-group of republicans in this poll will ultimately hold their nose and vote Herschel. They will talk themselves into its better to have Herschel, no matter how embarrassing, and hope he will be controlled by the GOP leadership in DC.

Of course, there could be (let's be honest, there are) GA racists that may decide to sit out this race on the ballot altogether. That's not good for Herschel.

19 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Mitt Romney continues to not give a fuck about Mike Lee. McMullin running as Independent with Dems endorsement. Low single digits behind in polling

Would it really have profound effects on the control of the Senate? I assume Lee would caucus with the Republicans in determining Senate leadership.  Maybe he flip if they were pushing some Trumpkin dipshit, but I assume he would vote McConnell over Schumer.  It's not like they just count up the Ds and Rs behind the names. 

Note: this is out of the Federalist.  It's a fundraising article for Lee.  

22 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

this one shows a tight race.  Expect Fetterman to shut down any further public appearances 

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/pennsylvania-2022-fettermans-lead-shrinks-in-us-senate-race-shapiros-lead-expands-for-governors-seat/

Why? He’s fine in public. Drinking that Oz koolaid bullshit that Fetterman isn’t healthy? It’s “narrowing” because republicans are coming home to Oz. It was never a 10+ point race, that was just republicans hesitant of Oz. They’ll vote Oz over staying home or voting for Fetterman. 

27 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Would it really have profound effects on the control of the Senate? I assume Lee would caucus with the Republicans in determining Senate leadership.  Maybe he flip if they were pushing some Trumpkin dipshit, but I assume he would vote McConnell over Schumer.  It's not like they just count up the Ds and Rs behind the names. 

Note: this is out of the Federalist.  It's a fundraising article for Lee.  

McMullin said he wouldn’t support McConnell. 

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why? He’s fine in public. Drinking that Oz koolaid bullshit that Fetterman isn’t healthy? It’s “narrowing” because republicans are coming home to Oz. It was never a 10+ point race, that was just republicans hesitant of Oz. They’ll vote Oz over staying home or voting for Fetterman. 

Fair enough.  It would be interesting if he would hold the stance if he's the tie-breaker, or if he could negotiate a different R leader if he was a tie-breaker. 

45 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wouldn't call it koolaid bullshit that he isn't healthy.  Pretty well established that he's fucked up.  Hopefully he'll improve but actual video evidence doesn't support your comment.  

On 9/29/2022 at 10:56 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course, there could be (let's be honest, there are) GA racists that may decide to sit out this race on the ballot altogether. That's not good for Herschel.

nah, the racists will go for Walker big time, because he confirms their racist stereotype of a black man: dumb, illiterate, but athletic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fun fact-Blake Masters and Kelly Tshibaka are in Austin today passing the cup.  

Didn't know  much about Kelly other than her last name suggests a Native Alaskan which is cool.  But she's a psychotic MAGA lover, endorsed by Trump himself.  And here;'s the kicker...she's a fucking Aggie to boot.  

Masters as we know is a cock-sucker.  I don't know who the fuck in Austin thinks of this shit.

Cook Political moves PA SEN to tossup (from lean D).

I don't know how the data bears that out - Republicans are "coming home" for Oz, but he's not led a single poll and has been stuck between 40 and 44, while Fetterman is routinely at 45+ and sometimes at or above 50. 

It's not a 9-12 point Fetterman lead, but 5+ which is not toss-up. 

If PA is "tossup" then NC/FL/OH should move to toss-up as well. 

58 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I can't believe these are the people that the Rs are putting up for FUCKING SENATE and they still might win.  I mean, just wtf.  I shouldn't be surprised I guess.  I really think history will look back and be like, hmm, maybe we shouldn't have pandered to the stupidest people among us.

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cook Political moves PA SEN to tossup (from lean D).

I don't know how the data bears that out - Republicans are "coming home" for Oz, but he's not led a single poll and has been stuck between 40 and 44, while Fetterman is routinely at 45+ and sometimes at or above 50. 

It's not a 9-12 point Fetterman lead, but 5+ which is not toss-up. 

If PA is "tossup" then NC/FL/OH should move to toss-up as well. 

Biff's post was from the Walker thread, but it's equally amazing that Oz is being moved to a tossup the day after it was reported that he tortured dogs and other animals. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Biff's post was from the Walker thread, but it's equally amazing that Oz is being moved to a tossup the day after it was reported that he tortured dogs and other animals. 

Cook Political is reminding everyone that there are more than just public polls that go into their factor.  

If there's all those tied/Oz leading private polls, where are they?  The NRSC would be blasting us in the face with polling showing Oz leading/competitive. 

47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While it's stupid to care whether a senator like wine, beer, or water; it's a bad idea to drink wine at a tailgate when you want to be a regular guy. If you hate beer, suck it up and have one. Hell only a few sips for the pics and move on.

Or at least pour it into a colored plastic cup.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I still think people are sleeping on North Carolina. Cunningham only lost to Tillis because he couldn’t keep his pants on. A poll dropped today with Beasley only 1 point behind Budd.

DDHQ moved it to "tossup" today.   Every poll the last few weeks has been somewhere between Beasley +1 to Budd +2 or +3.  THAT is a true tossup. Not whatever the fuck Cook Political is saying about PA. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

DDHQ moved it to "tossup" today.   Every poll the last few weeks has been somewhere between Beasley +1 to Budd +2 or +3.  THAT is a true tossup. Not whatever the fuck Cook Political is saying about PA. 

She out ran Biden in 2020 and has won statewide twice before. The polling hasn’t gotten worse for her, I’m starting to think she can win this one.

30 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I still think people are sleeping on North Carolina. Cunningham only lost to Tillis because he couldn’t keep his pants on. A poll dropped today with Beasley only 1 point behind Budd.

can someone explain to me why that dinged the uprights but Herschel Walker paying for a mistress abortion doesn't matter

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

can someone explain to me why that dinged the uprights but Herschel Walker paying for a mistress abortion doesn't matter

Look at the end of the candidate and see what it says, if it says D, big issue. If it says R, no issue, was resolved with a prayer meeting 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, chainsaw said:

it might, we don't know yet.  But if it doesn't it probably has to do with one taking place 13 years ago versus the other one ongoing during the election.

52 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

it might, we don't know yet.  But if it doesn't it probably has to do with one taking place 13 years ago versus the other one ongoing during the election.

I used to think stuff like this mattered, but I think it only matters if the person is a democrat. The GOP and the MAGA crew spends so much of their time talking about how bad the libs are, how “destructive” their policies are, and how they must own them at all costs that it would be a massive shock to their “system” if they said “hold up! This isn’t right! Lets pass on this race because this guy sucks”. The hardcore GOP would see that as “letting the libs win” and not being masculine or whatever. They believe in so many crazy ass conspiracies anyway that when bad news breaks for a candidate they’re considering voting for they can just shrug it off because of the deep state or liberal media.

All some of those guys think about is owning the libs 24/7.