2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

2020 proved that means fuck-all.  Why do people continue to put any credence into funding numbers?

There were republicans who raised less than their dem opponents and won? Which ones?

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

2020 proved that means fuck-all.  Why do people continue to put any credence into funding numbers?

Could it mean more now with creepy GOP toad Sheldon Adelson on his own personal worm farm? He’s been single handedly giving the GOP $100 to $150 million every election cycle since I can remember.

Edited by Voldemort86

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Eh.  Incumbency bias for both and since Walker is insane, but Kemp drew the ire of and stood up to Trump, independents/moderates will split their votes and not feel bad about it.  Could def see both Warnock and Kemp end up winning together. 

If I lived in Georgia, I’d vote Raffensperger/ Abrams / warnock. I suspect that average Georgia voter will vote Raffensperger/ Kemp / Warnock tho.

Edited by Voldemort86

30 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thanks Citizens United. 

Edited by Pods

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Hegar basically doubled Cornyn in fundraising the last quarter before their election.  BTW, did you know she was in a helicopter crash and used to ride a Harley?

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I have to say I dont' know who this is, but I like her message:

Jenifer Lewis from “Black-ish” and a whole bunch of other stuff like “Fresh Prince” “A Different World” and the new comedy on Hulu called “I Love That For You” (which is hilarious).

We (the Blacks) call her Auntie Jenifer 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Jenifer Lewis from “Black-ish” and a whole bunch of other stuff like “Fresh Prince” “A Different World” and the new comedy on Hulu called “I Love That For You” (which is hilarious).

We (the Blacks) call her Auntie Jenifer 

Jenifer Lewis is a fucking badass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Walker talking about the voices in his head debating whether or not to kill a man seems like…a poor campaign choice. 

Narrator-  “ In the end, it turned out that the strategy of discussing schizophrenic hallucinations and murderous intentions was in fact not a poor campaign choice at all in this period of America’s death.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Walker is the choice for conservative Christians, not that pastor guy.

I’ve been in plenty of services where I’ve heard stories like that gun story. In evangelical-speak, it’s their “testimony.” There are two broad categories that they fall into:

1. A rock bottom and shameful moment that ultimately leads to a transformed life. In these stories, the teller doesn’t revel in their badness and they aren’t the hero of the story but rather the villain getting rescued. These people often will persist in their transformed life and remain productive members of society.

2. A pretext and justification for whatever the teller believes in the moment. In these stories, the teller often exaggerates their crimes, emphasizes team alignment, and is on some level, the hero of the story. These people often persist in their old life, now with a Jesusy window dressing, and spread their craziness through their communities. These people often have very exciting “testimonies.”

• Hook 'Em 2

For the topic of a Walker-Warnock debate, I imagine that the Walker camp will fight for an environment that appears like a debate but is only a series of statements. As in questions agreed to in advance, no follow-ups and no direct interactions between the candidates. And why not add teleprompters to the mix.

Walker can have heavy prep that can get him through 20-30 minutes of reading prepared statements. It wouldn't surprise me if Walker's camp requires that 3rd party candidates are included so that Walker has 15-20 minutes of screen time. The goal for Walker's team is to eliminate Warnock from saying Walker is afraid to debate. 

Why the eff have we not put those stickers on school doors?! Damn devil loving libs keeping Jesus out of the classroom results in no stickers which means shooters shoot

Edited by bluto

4 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I plan on putting a "Praise Jesus"  sticker right next to a "Praise Satan" sticker on my car as protection.  I figure this covers about 97% of people most likely to randomly walk up to my car and try to kill me.

I’m about to put a Beto sticker in between the Sig Sauer and Glock stickers on the rear windshield of my truck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For the topic of a Walker-Warnock debate, I imagine that the Walker camp will fight for an environment that appears like a debate but is only a series of statements. As in questions agreed to in advance, no follow-ups and no direct interactions between the candidates. And why not add teleprompters to the mix.

Walker can have heavy prep that can get him through 20-30 minutes of reading prepared statements. It wouldn't surprise me if Walker's camp requires that 3rd party candidates are included so that Walker has 15-20 minutes of screen time. The goal for Walker's team is to eliminate Warnock from saying Walker is afraid to debate. 

It depends on who the Lord decides to hepp.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Diagnosed with multiple personality disorder.  It is known.

Depends on which Herschel Walker shows up that day.  Not kidding.

Also, Walker thinks he's a smart guy.  He'll be more than happy to go off script.

Money is the best indicator of who will win an election. Roughly 85-90 percent of the time the candidate who spent more money wins. Maybe it makes a difference with the ads a campaign can buy, or it shows which candidate is more popular, or that winning previously attracts money.  Probably a combination of a few things, but it does strongly correlate with who wins an election.

mkb-spending-09-10.jpg?w=575

Edited by Jhawkmvp

23 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

wow.

18 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Fetterman is crushing him.  I'm sad that this style of trollish politics is what we've come to, but here we are, and he's good at it.  Just got this email from his campaign.

Subject: My new idea to troll Dr. Oz

We all know Dr. Oz is soooooo proud to be Jersey Strong 💪™️

He’s a huge New Jersey celebrity who’s lived there for three decades. 

Clearly, Dr. Oz loves his home state. I mean, the dude is even registered to vote in NJ and voted there as recently as 2020.

So, to honor Dr. Oz’s deep New Jersey roots, I thought it would be a GREAT idea to start a petition + help him reach his dream of being inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame. 

Will you sign your name to support adding Oz to the New Jersey Hall of Fame? Help us recognize his Jersey Pride by signing our petition today.

Dr. Oz for NJ Hall of Fame

How do I know that being inducted into the New Jersey hall of fame is Dr. Oz’s DREAM? 

He said so himself as a presenter at the 2019 New Jersey Hall of Fame Awards.

When asked on the red carpet who should be inducted into the NJ Hall of Fame in the future, he literally said:

“Great surgeons! [laughter]” 🤡

I’m not joking. This *actually* happened.

So uhhh if you think Dr. Oz being in the NJ Hall of Fame makes *way* more sense than him running for Senate in PA…

Sign our petition to support Dr. Oz joining the New Jersey Hall of Fame!!!

I do think Oz is an easy mark, but whoever is running this troll campaign for Fetterman needs to have a bigger role across the the national scene in helping to elect Dems to office. Yes, it would be nice if they could simply debate policy, but those days are gone. Fetterman's strategy keeps it simple, is biting, and never lets up. Even if people don't vote for Fetterman, I could see them also not voting for Oz due to the ad campaign, which is a win.

• Hook 'Em 1