Millennium Falcon of AWESOMNESS 

nineliveslost

Calling this a hobby.

Wife and I are going to spend a little time each weekend to build this awesome Lego kit. I'll add pics(of the falcon) with our progress if anyone cares. Probably going to start next weekend 

Might take 6 months to a year or forever 

Or we might get divorced over it.  

1872234233_20201030_1229545146.thumb.jpg.9dd42d99c61624de1149d5844f5c5c5a.jpg

• Defend the Galaxy and build the largest LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon to date! The perfect set for adult Star Wars fans and expert builders, This starship will inspire hours of play recreating the films or can be displayed as a collectible toy model
  • The Millennium Falcon is built with 7,541 pieces and includes two crews of minifigures - 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO, plus 3 Star Wars Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn
  • Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, and engineering station with turning minifigure seat, Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console and 2 escape Pod hatches
  • Exterior features include detailed removable hull panels, lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes
  • Measures over 8 inches (21cm) high, 33 inches (84cm) long and 22 inches (56cm) wide Builders can slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon and turn classic Leia’s and Han’s head to reveal their breathing mask decorations
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My friend’s kid built the Death Star one a few years back. The instructions were in 3 large spiral bound notebooks. It was pretty insane.

My youngest son loves Legos.  He's built many of the big sets.  Usually knocks even the biggest ones out in a few hours, but he won't stop until he's done.

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

A nice rack, and she likes firearms, LEGO, and Star Wars?

spacer.png

She loves watching football also

I am very fortunate to have her.

Really cool that we are having fun putting together this thing and looking forward to starting back up next Friday. I'll send updated pics, but more than likely wont have her in them

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Right in the middle of that table, FOREVER. Or until the wife tells me to move it into the small back room out of the way

Anyone ever done the cost benefit analysis of old toys you destroyed as a kid with fire, bb guns, .22's and fireworks?  Had to be in the thousands over the years.  I once set off every last firecracker we had in the belly of my old Star wars AT-AT to simulate Luke's taking one out on Hoth.  It was a glorious fireball of acrid smoke and later burying the evidence to hide it from pops....

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Anyone ever done the cost benefit analysis of old toys you destroyed as a kid with fire, bb guns, .22's and fireworks?  Had to be in the thousands over the years.  I once set off every last firecracker we had in the belly of my old Star wars AT-AT to simulate Luke's taking one out on Hoth.  It was a glorious fireball of acrid smoke and later burying the evidence to hide it from pops....

I used to take model airplanes and put model rockets in them.  Best one was an F16 painted like the Thunderbirds I sent horizontally down my street.  It flew 2-3 feet off the ground the whole way until the charge to send out the rocket parachute blew it apart from inside.  That would have made an awesome youtube video but cameras were still VHS at best back then. 

I was lucky it didn't hit someone's car sitting in the driveway.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I used to take model airplanes and put model rockets in them.  Best one was an F16 painted like the Thunderbirds I sent horizontally down my street.  It flew 2-3 feet off the ground the whole way until the charge to send out the rocket parachute blew it apart from inside.  That would have made an awesome youtube video but cameras were still VHS at best back then. 

I was lucky it didn't hit someone's car sitting in the driveway.

I would build race cars out of k'nex made specifically to hold model rocket engines. Only made scorch marks from the ejection charge, however.