Low T

Assman

• 8 months later...

Bumpity bump. 

Albeit anecdotal, it looks like the folks here that are doing TRT, are not having many adverse side effects?

im not fond of the idea of an injection each week, but I am thinking this might be an issue for me (I am 47).  Some physical symptoms, but honestly, I am more concerned with the mental symptoms. Lately (maybe last couple of years), my focus is scattered and my confidence is shit (going through a lot of imposter syndrome at work).  And I just feel sluggish and old. Part of me thinks this is how I am supposed to feel, that it is natural and I shouldn’t fuck with that. But I guess the first step is just go get my levels checked then see what options are best. I definitely could use more sleep in general. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Bumpity bump. 

Albeit anecdotal, it looks like the folks here that are doing TRT, are not having many adverse side effects?

im not fond of the idea of an injection each week, but I am thinking this might be an issue for me (I am 47).  Some physical symptoms, but honestly, I am more concerned with the mental symptoms. Lately (maybe last couple of years), my focus is scattered and my confidence is shit (going through a lot of imposter syndrome at work).  And I just feel sluggish and old. Part of me thinks this is how I am supposed to feel, that it is natural and I shouldn’t fuck with that. But I guess the first step is just go get my levels checked then see what options are best. I definitely could use more sleep in general. 

Have you tried the natural methods like eating better, working out, and going to bed earlier?  And avoiding alcohol?  We all want to be 25 and could handle everything but it doesn't work like that.

Have you tried the natural methods like eating better, working out, and going to bed earlier?  And avoiding alcohol?  We all want to be 25 and could handle everything but it doesn't work like that.

Yes and no.

I definitely need to get back on my regular work out regime. That is a fact. I have a sweet tooth and need to cut back on that crap, but despite the bbq thread, my meals are typically healthy. Sleep, I have gotten better (I would say average about 6 hours) but still could improve. I don’t really drink.

I am not trying to be dismissive, as I don’t like the idea of pharmaceutical intervention when something else may help. But I suppose I need a baseline first to figure out if this is even an issue.

56 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Bumpity bump. 

You should try eating more  BBQ.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Bumpity bump. 

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yes and no.

I definitely need to get back on my regular work out regime. That is a fact. I have a sweet tooth and need to cut back on that crap, but despite the bbq thread, my meals are typically healthy. Sleep, I have gotten better (I would say average about 6 hours) but still could improve. I don’t really drink.

I am not trying to be dismissive, as I don’t like the idea of pharmaceutical intervention when something else may help. But I suppose I need a baseline first to figure out if this is even an issue.

What can it hurt to go get tested? You don't have to do the treatment if you're low.

Oh, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle weekly self-injections but it's not that big of a deal. I don't look forward to them but they're easy enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

What can it hurt to go get tested? You don't have to do the treatment if you're low.
Oh, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle weekly self-injections but it's not that big of a deal. I don't look forward to them but they're easy enough.

Yep. I am due for a physical anyways so set the appointment.

Funny thing is I am covered in tattoos but still averse to needles.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep. I am due for a physical anyways so set the appointment.

Funny thing is I am covered in tattoos but still averse to needles. emoji2371.png

Don’t go somewhere they give you meds and barely look at your labs.  My doc from NW put me through the wringer…I had to get all kinds of shit done.  Ultrasound balls, cardiac scans, etc etc.  Always watch hematocrit like a hawk.  Blood starts to get thick and shit can go south fast.  
But I’m right at 1000ish on my biannual checks and feel amazing.  44 here.  Started a few years ago when I dropped under 600.  

Don’t go somewhere they give you meds and barely look at your labs.  My doc from NW put me through the wringer…I had to get all kinds of shit done.  Ultrasound balls, cardiac scans, etc etc.  Always watch hematocrit like a hawk.  Blood starts to get thick and shit can go south fast.  
But I’m right at 1000ish on my biannual checks and feel amazing.  44 here.  Started a few years ago when I dropped under 600.  

For sure. It’s a concern because high cholesterol runs in the family. My doc is aware of it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I got tested a couple times and was in low 300 upper 200s at about the same as you. Generally feel much better overall now.  

30 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I got tested a couple times and was in low 300 upper 200s at about the same as you. Generally feel much better overall now.  

It’s a Godsend.  And monthly NAD infusions.  I can work 80 hours and still hit the gym several times a week.  And recover fast after the occasional bender.  No longer how much longer I can fool Father Time but it’s going well for now.  Ha

Been on it for several years.  The most noticeable effect out of the gate was that I just felt better, mentally and physically.  I do a weekly injection in my deltoid (alternating arms each week).  Nothing to it.  Donate blood several times each year to keep the hematocrit in check.  Regular labs with my doctor several times per year.   

• 1 month later...

Só, I guess my nuts are still mostly doing their job. Blood test came back at 344. So on the low end of “normal”. I’m going get back on my bullshit and see how much it is affected by losing weight. Retesting in 6 months. If it hasn’t gone up much, I think I will go see what a urologist thinks.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Só, I guess my nuts are still mostly doing their job. Blood test came back at 344. So on the low end of “normal”. I’m going get back on my bullshit and see how much it is affected by losing weight. Retesting in 6 months. If it hasn’t gone up much, I think I will go see what a urologist thinks.

If you want to go on TRT, just tell that to your doctor today. They may ask you to try more sleep, working out, lose weight first, etc.  Or they might just prescribe it for you today, assuming they don't think it will harm you. 

On 11/29/2023 at 9:52 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you want to go on TRT, just tell that to your doctor today. They may ask you to try more sleep, working out, lose weight first, etc.  Or they might just prescribe it for you today, assuming they don't think it will harm you. 

If you want to get it covered by insurance, you'll likely need at least two tests with low or below the range results.  Otherwise, the gel runs about $50 per month if prescribed by your doc and picked up in a pharmacy as opposed to a Low-T clinic, while the self injections will run you $10--$15 per month if covered by insurance.

i can get it for 35 hmu

Sounds like something a narc would say. How do I know you're not a narc? Pampa ain't that far from Tulia, and they're real good at setting people up in Gray County. I'm not trying to spend a night in the Potter County Pokey either so don't go trying to meet me at the Taco Villa at 287 and Grand.