the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Oh, the MAGATs actually use it as a point of pride -- to them, it illustrates how "the deep state" is against Trump and them, so that means that Trump is doing well.
Twitter needs to simply delete false statements of fact.  There's not a "debate" or "dispute" that 10 is greater than 5.  It's a motherfucking immutable fact.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Except many "libtard msm" sources.....such as the Economist, NYT, etc.....actually refer to primary source documents and evidence meticulously, with actual fact-checking.  No, none of them are perfect.  But they actually do that.  For fuck's sake, the "msm" actually quotes the president's own words -- the sycophant sources write about what they think/want him to have meant.  That's a big fucking difference between the random-ass sites these fuckers call "sources."  Like, an ocean of fucking difference.

Whenever these clowns guffaw and wave off anything reported by NYT, WaPo, etc., I always respond by saying that the news sources I consume tend to be slanted to the left in their tone and the stories they choose to run, but they very, very rarely gets the facts wrong. And when they do, it's because their sources were wrong. The relationship problems between right-wing sources and facts are much more profound. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Going out on a limb and saying this will not end well for Rudy and Co.

Linda Kerns" (shrill harridan) motion for sanctions based on an harassing phone call denied. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/16/trump-lawyer-harassing-call-opposing-attorney-436764

“Since this case was filed, undersigned counsel has been subjected to continuous harassment in the form of abusive e-mails, phone calls, physical and economic threats, and even accusations of treason — all for representing the President of the United States’ campaign in this litigation,” she wrote.

image.png

Just now, Red Five said:

So apparently, Dotard has proof of mass voter fraud across the country, but for some reason isn't sharing it with his attorneys. That seems odd. I wonder why that is. 

TRUST THE PLAN!

WWG1WGA!

THE STORM IS COMING!

And continued dumbass shit like that, spewing forth in a torrent that would make a bout of explosive diarrhea blush.

4 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

This is something I find very depressing. The wonders of the internet should make mis/disinformation harder to propagate, but people are so lazy and stupid that it's had the opposite effect. 

Facts are boring

Emotionally charged conspiracies that are out to get you are exciting and pull you in.

When someone tells you the boogeyman is out to get you be very wary.  Most people aren't.  Since the fall of Soviet Russia we have redefined who the boogeyman is.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

When someone tells you the boogeyman is out to get you be very wary.  Most people aren't.  Since the fall of Soviet Russia we have redefined who the boogeyman is.

This is also really key.

We are lizard-brained idiots.  We rally together in response to threats.  For decades, we had an external threat.  We lost it.  So, our lizard brains sat around waiting for another threat to rally around responding to.  We made up an internal one.  An imaginary one.  And a metric shitton of us are treating it as an even greater existential threat than we treated Nazi Germany or the USSR.  And, irony of ironies.....that imaginary threat gets boosted 1) by machinery of the former USSR, because a divided/weakened US serves their goals, and 2) they are using that "threat" to push us towards a path that closely mirrors that of fascism in pre WWII Italy and Germany.

History doesn't repeat, but goddamn, it rhymes.  And we dance to it, because we're fucking lizard brains.

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

the only consistency i've seen stems from their anger over how far away their "poll-watchers" were allowed to be.  not sure why they're called that, since they're really watching the count, right, not the polls/voting process?  and, i mean, the people counting these ballots, it's my understanding that each station has a republican, democrat, and 1-2 independents, right?  and there's a process for challenged ballots that typically gets worked out once all 4 people look at it?

so they're mad that their hand-picked republican watchers weren't able to get close enough to this bipartisan process where local volunteers and workers were just trying to do their jobs, which they probably take pretty seriously.  they were allowed in the room, but not close enough to really interfere.

just explaining it to myself makes it sound even dumber.  someone feel free to correct my facts here.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

the only consistency i've seen stems from their anger over how far away their "poll-watchers" were allowed to be.  not sure why they're called that, since they're really watching the count, right, not the polls/voting process?  and, i mean, the people counting these ballots, it's my understanding that each station has a republican, democrat, and 1-2 independents, right?  and there's a process for challenged ballots that typically gets worked out once all 4 people look at it?

so they're mad that their hand-picked republican watchers weren't able to get close enough to this bipartisan process where local volunteers and workers were just trying to do their jobs, which they probably take pretty seriously.  they were allowed in the room, but not close enough to really interfere.

just explaining it to myself makes it sound even dumber.  someone feel free to correct my facts here.

You are correct.   The function of the poll watchers is literally to observe the counting.  They do NOT perform a function of AUDITING individual ballots.  The court said exactly that in its ruling.  So, it's fucking insane much ado about nothing.

It’s become obvious to me that maga people in general don’t know how courts operate, and expected or still expect trump to just file a case with the scotus, and nothing else matters until he does. And then they will rule however he tells them to because he put 3 of them there and a couple more are R operatives who will legislate from the bench “correctly.”

all these other suits are just gathering info on the scope of the massive fraud, and who all to implicate in the real kracken-like suit to be handed directly to Roberts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You are correct.   The function of the poll watchers is literally to observe the counting.  They do NOT perform a function of AUDITING individual ballots.  The court said exactly that in its ruling.  So, it's fucking insane much ado about nothing.

so maybe, and i'm just spitballing here, they should take some notes on how to do this better in the future.  like maybe get some knuckleheads selected as vote-counters, instead of poll-watchers, so maybe they could cause more damage.  on the other hand, is you taking notes on a criminal fucking conspiracy?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Facts are boring

Emotionally charged conspiracies that are out to get you are exciting and pull you in.

Facts leave no room to explain personal failure.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s become obvious to me that maga people in general don’t know how courts operate, and expected or still expect trump to just file a case with the scotus, and nothing else matters until he does. And then they will rule however he tells them to because he put 3 of them there and a couple more are R operatives who will legislate from the bench “correctly.”

all these other suits are just gathering info on the scope of the massive fraud, and who all to implicate in the real kracken-like suit to be handed directly to Roberts Thomas, Alito, and Kav, so that the Kraken may be properly released.

fify.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Whenever these clowns guffaw and wave off anything reported by NYT, WaPo, etc., I always respond by saying that the news sources I consume tend to be slanted to the left in their tone and the stories they choose to run, but they very, very rarely gets the facts wrong. And when they do, it's because their sources were wrong. The relationship problems between right-wing sources and facts are much more profound. 

Yep.  The left wing media is guilty of selective coverage and bias, for sure, and sometimes slant and spin.  But the right wing media is guilty of knowingly selling a completely false narrative over and over for the purpose of manipulating people.  It's apples and demons.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

all these other suits are just gathering info on the scope of the massive fraud, and who all to implicate in the real kracken-like suit to be handed directly to Roberts. 

These numbnuts think you actually make your factual record before SCOTUS - that is, they think that's where you INTRODUCE evidence.  Except for very limited cases where SCOTUS has original jurisdiction (e.g., a suit between two states), that does not happen.  There is no mechanism for that to happen.  If there is no evidence in the record that makes its way to SCOTUS, then there is no evidence before SCOTUS.

Again, the fucking dumbassery and idiocy is transcendent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.  The left wing media is guilty of selective coverage and bias, for sure, and sometimes slant and spin.  But the right wing media is guilty of knowingly selling a completely false narrative over and over for the purpose of manipulating people.  It's apples and demons.

fear and noise always outsells facts and reason.  checkers sells more than chess.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Facts are boring

I'm going to go ahead and ruin it for everybody--It's poor people.  But since they don't have money, it's the middle class and all their worker's rights.    

34 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

It's only fair that his team of people that probably can't count or operate machinery, also be allowed to tally the ballots, since his declaration that he won the election. Wasn't it Abraham Jackson that declared To the victor goes the ballots?

Edited by Mdhorn