Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Safe to say Bijan is on UT’s Mt Rushmore of running backs? He’s amazing!

It’s a pretty hard fight to be number four given one through three is probably Earl, Ricky, and Jamaal.  I give Jamaal three based on seeing him play and not seeing the older players.  If we are including NFL too (Priest Holmes), then Bijan might be fifth best and that’s still pretty good.  

I’m my world there is a My Mt Rushmore for Tailbacks and one for Fullbacks. At the top of my Fullback Mt Rushmore? Roosevelt Leaks. Okay I’m biased because he came to my elementary school when I was a kid. 

Roosevelt Leaks is the first non tailback to make the list inside the top 10. By the time that Leaks finished his three-year career in Austin he set 10 school records, only two still stand. Leaks ran for 2,923 yards, 5.3 ypc, and 26 touchdowns. He was named SWC MVP in 1973, that year Leaks was also named All-American. He finished third in Heisman Trophy voting which was the highest for a Longhorn until Earl Campbell made his mark.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Safe to say Bijan is on UT’s Mt Rushmore of running backs? He’s amazing!

I dunno about that.

Ricky and Earl are guaranteed.

Ced should probably be guaranteed.

Roosevelt deserves consideration.

Jamaal deserves consideration.

Bijan has more work to do to make the list

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno about that.

4 year bijan starts to sniff the list. 3 year bijan with 1 incredible season (this one) give me the warm and fuzzies but if you think Bijan is good go watch the highlight reels of these other guys. It was unreal what they did. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

4 year bijan starts to sniff the list. 3 year bijan with 1 incredible season (this one) give me the warm and fuzzies but if you think Bijan is good go watch the highlight reels of these other guys. It was unreal what they did. 

Ricky rattled off 200 yard games for fun

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno about that.

Bijan is 98 yards away from 4th on the list. What else does he need to do? 

52 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Incredible run but hilariouslt bad play call in that situation

Anything other than a TD pass, most likely leads to a FG attempt.  With 1 timeout left, and Bijan averaging 10 yds/carry, Sark likely took the ball out of Ewers' hands to avoid a sack or int (probably a good idea), to ensure a FG attempt.  I'd say not a bad call at all. 

Thru yesterday.

#6 for UT career rushing yards (3328)

#10 in rushing TDs (31)

#6 in total yards (4035)

Tied for #4 in total TDs (39)

If he has 2 more games this year like his first 11, he'd finish 2022

#4 in career rushing yards

Tied for #5 in rushing TDs (Tied with Cody Johnson???)

#4 in total yards

#3 in total TDs

If he has 3 more games (including CCG)

Tied for #4 in rushing TDs

#4 in total yards but very close to surpassing Earl for #3

#3 in total TDs

If he comes back for a senior season (so you're telling me there's a chance), he'd probably end up #2 on just about everything.

3 minutes ago, ryskey said:

Thru yesterday.

#6 for UT career rushing yards (3328)

#10 in rushing TDs (31)

#6 in total yards (4035)

Tied for #4 in total TDs (39)

If he has 2 more games this year like his first 11, he'd finish 2022

Tied for #5 in rushing TDs (Tied with Cody Johnson???)

#4 in total yards

#3 in total TDs

If he has 3 more games (including CCG)

Tied for #4 in rushing TDs

#4 in total yards but very close to surpassing Earl for #3

#3 in total TDs

If he comes back for a senior season (so you're telling me there's a chance), he'd probably end up #2 on just about everything.

If he comes back I think he knocks out Jamaal and Roosevelt, especially since he likely will get the Doak this year and next.

Bijan’s gonna have Top 5 production at Texas. I’d take Bijan over Ced and Jamaal and I’ve seen every snap they all played. Jamaal had some injury, fumbling and focus issues and started his best season poorly. Ced was solid and turned into a power back with some shiftiness and great lean. Ced had more longevity and durability and played on far better teams than Bijan. Bijan never played with Colt or Vince behind a great offensive line. He’s just the 3rd best running back in Texas history.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ricky also had a much better OL all 4 years than bijan’s best OL this year. 

ricky and earl both hamstrung by playing fb for 2 seasons. 

Meh, there’s no comparison to what Ricky did for basically anyone in the history of college football. 

Ced can’t be left off imo because he was the first 4 year 1000 yard rusher we ever had. Maybe still the only, I’m not sure.

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Bijan’s gonna have Top 5 production at Texas. I’d take Bijan over Ced and Jamaal and I’ve seen every snap they all played. Jamaal had some injury, fumbling and focus issues and started his best season poorly. Ced was solid and turned into a power back with some shiftiness and great lean. Ced had more longevity and durability and played on far better teams than Bijan. Bijan never played with Colt or Vince behind a great offensive line. He’s just the 3rd best running back in Texas history.

this wasn't a knock on Bijan, but he's not there - he's 3 years vs 4 years of production. If he comes back for a 4th he cements the legacy. He isn't going to do that because times have changed, he's gonna go make bank in the NFL and be a very very special player there, probably better than Ricky in the NFL if I had to make a bet. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

this wasn't a knock on Bijan, but he's not there - he's 3 years vs 4 years of production. If he comes back for a 4th he cements the legacy. He isn't going to do that because times have changed, he's gonna go make bank in the NFL and be a very very special player there, probably better than Ricky in the NFL if I had to make a bet. 

Why do people always say this about Ricky?  The dude had a pretty damn good NFL career…

edit he rushed for over 10,000 yards; how many backs have done that?  

Edited by SDG
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, SDG said:

Why do people always say this about Ricky?  The dude had a pretty damn good NFL career…

edit he rushed for over 10,000 yards; how many backs have done that?  

People forget how good he was until Miami wore him out. Even his comebacks though when he was down around 205 were really impressive.

4 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

If Bijan was running behind JC oline- hes going for 3k a year...

dude is really really good.

JCs oline was only good his freshman year. His best season the oline was really not good and Colt threw 18 ints.

The running back by committee approach really hurt JC on the numbers but he was as physically gifted as any RB we’ve ever had. 

Bijan is also as physically gifted as any we’ve ever had. We truly have had an incredible haul of running back talent even if we didn’t always use them properly 

On 11/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, Eskimohorn said:

This is where I stand.  By pure talent, he is the best RB since Ricky, followed by Jamaal.  Cedric had great production over his 4 years and could really batter teams with his physicality, but Bijan's ability to cut is up there with some of the best of all time.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, gurt said:

This is where I stand.  By pure talent, he is the best RB since Ricky, followed by Jamaal.  Cedric had great production over his 4 years and could really batter teams with his physicality, but Bijan's ability to cut is up there with some of the best of all time.

For sure. He's incredible to watch even on most 2 yard runs.