Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

I saw that and another mock that had him going to the Cardinals a little earlier in the 1st.

He could end up making Keontay Ingram move on from there too

Seriously, going back to Arizona… that’s be pretty great.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

They were mentioning during the game that Bijan makes or has made $2,000,000 from NIL and is the 3rd highest earning player in football.  

they also said that with NIL money it could delay some players from going early into the draft.   I still think he should go but he really represents The University of Texas very well. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Amazing player and seems to have amazing character.  Polite, humble, always positive, wears his faith proudly.  I want him to come back but he needs to go to the NFL.  I’ll be rooting for him anywhere he goes.  

Here is an excellent article from the statesman that probably most of Surly posters are not aware of about Bijan….must read:

Follow the link below to view the article.

Bijan Robinson is an exemplary man of faith, family and football.

https://tinyurl.com/2nrjtm77

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

They were mentioning during the game that Bijan makes or has made $2,000,000 from NIL and is the 3rd highest earning player in football.  

they also said that with NIL money it could delay some players from going early into the draft.   I still think he should go but he really represents The University of Texas very well. 🤘

I could see our boosters trying to outbid the NFL for next year to keep him here…..since we’re like Texas and stuff.

8 hours ago, CheesePie said:

Bijan seems pretty by the book. Pay him $7.2 million dollars or go to the NFL. Buy some mustard for Christmas.

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Here is an excellent article from the statesman that probably most of Surly posters are not aware of about Bijan….must read:

Why would a great kid like Bijan commit to a guy like Herman?🤣

On 11/25/2022 at 9:56 PM, PantsTent said:

If there’s a list that you can be forth on and still be special, it’s Ricky, Ced, Earl, Bijan. Personally I really soaked it up watching the last few weeks.

Not counting the NFL, It's a close comparison and might be a draw.  Jamaal has a ring, and was the best RB on the 05' team which counts for a lot, and easily breaks the tie of just looking at their stats for three years.  I think Jamaal's NFL years keep Bijan at 5th for now.  People forget that Jamaal has the best ypc in the history of the league.  He's the best running back in the history of football at running the ball one time.  It sounds dumb but it means a lot.  

Jamaal

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Texas         533 3328 6.2 36 49 539 11.0 3 582 3867 6.6 39
*2005 Texas Big 12 FR RB 13 119 878 7.4 11 14 157 11.2 2 133 1035 7.8 13
*2006 Texas Big 12 SO RB 12 156 831 5.3 7 18 183 10.2 1 174 1014 5.8 8
*2007 Texas Big 12 JR RB 13 258 1619 6.3 18 17 199 11.7 0 275 1818 6.6 18

Bijan

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Texas         539 3410 6.3 33 60 805 13.4 8 599 4215 7.0 41
*2020 Texas Big 12 FR RB 9 86 703 8.2 4 15 196 13.1 2 101 899 8.9 6
2021 Texas Big 12 SO RB 10 195 1127 5.8 11 26 295 11.3 4 221 1422 6.4 15
2022 Texas Big 12 JR RB 12 258 1580 6.1 18 19 314 16.5 2 277 1894 6.8 20

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/26/2022 at 12:15 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Great read, thanks. 

• Like 2

Bijan's an odd ball. Not unlike Ricky, in that he may place not as high a value on money as some other might.  The other difference is that there is an opportunity to still make millions of dollars AND come back for the record books... and potentially the Heisman. 

How much extra NIL side money could he make returning as "the favorite" for the Heisman Trophy going into 2023?

I could also see Bijan just wanting to have one more year of youth with a senior year at Texas.  I think he knows the money is going to be there in amounts larger than he could have imagined as a youngster.  But a statue at DKR like Ricky and Earl have?  Priceless honestly.  So I could see him come back.  Remember almost nobody thought Ricky was going to turn down the big bucks and return.  He did and it set Texas on the path to an eventual national title.  I could imagine Bijan seeing his situation a lot like Ricky's back in 1998, and thinking his Heisman dreams are not yet over.  I sure hope so.  But either way he is a wonderful example of a teammate and a person,  beyond his amazing football talents.  If he wasn't such an amazing teammate and person, the conversation about even the potential of returning wouldn't be even a possibility.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

than CMC ?

Probably the closest comp, most complete back on that top 10 list.  I'm not sure what he does better at than Bijan though?  Top speed?  I guess at Stanford he literally did it all but does he still return punts and kicks in the NFL?  I think Bijan will hold up better in the NFL too.  CMC hasn't played a full season since 2019.

On 11/26/2022 at 12:15 AM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Good article Kurt

• Hook 'Em 2