Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

On 11/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, LTtxfan said:

5hhsbf.gif

I'm bound to be getting tiresome about this, but I did work in TV during the 80s.

It's not hard. Take a few minutes to find a background other than your cluttered kitchen with its stupid Cafe sign. The refrigerator is beautiful, of course, but maybe not right for an appearance on a real TV station. Spend $20 on a higher quality web cam.  Lose the cap.

Lastly, get in the habit of looking at the camera when you speak. Do these things and they might ask you back no matter worthless your opinions are.

Man, he loved covering the Aggies back in the 80s. I think he went native.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023RB.php

Here is what one area scout shared with WalterFootball.com: 

"It's rare that the best pure runner is also the best pure receiver; that's what makes Bijan unique," said an area scout. "He can legitimately go run routes like a true receiver. His skill set is more Marshall Faulk than any of those guys. Saquon can obviously win in the passing game, but he's not out running routes like Reggie Bush (Bijan does). His ball skills are as good as the top receivers in this class. 

"There are other runners on his level or even a notch better, but you're talking about the elite of every class, even on that alone. You can realistically run the offense thru him because he's in on every situation as your RB1, 1-2nd Down, 2 minute, 4 minute. He's more advanced all around than [Reggie] Bush, Joe Mixon, Saquon, Zeke. McCaffrey would have been like that had he been 215 pounds like Bijan. You have to go back to Faulk to find an elite runner and receiver like Bijan."

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I was going to order some for my sons for Christmas but it was 4 to 6 weeks out for delivery.

Bummer.

Any stores have it on the shelf ?

The friends who gave it to me said they had to go to a few Central Markets in Austin before they found it.  Not sure which one it was at. 

11 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

It is complete bullshit but I believe he will get screwed out of the Doak.  Even though his numbers are better than Corum's, and Corum techincally did not play a full season.  I have seen it too many times over the years to believe they will do the right thing.

I have it on pretty good authority that the Doak Walker Foundation was aware of the optics of giving to Bijan, who's team is of course in the same state, and went 8-4 vs. a consensus All-American from an undefeated CFP team.....and that the injury and missing 1.5 games may give them the opening they need...we'll see 

Edited by MirrOlure

On 11/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Hozz said:

Probably the closest comp, most complete back on that top 10 list.  I'm not sure what he does better at than Bijan though?  Top speed?  I guess at Stanford he literally did it all but does he still return punts and kicks in the NFL?  I think Bijan will hold up better in the NFL too.  CMC hasn't played a full season since 2019.

Saquon did everything in college, was an electric kick returner and great receiver. So was CMC. I put Bijan behind those two.

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Saquon did everything in college, was an electric kick returner and great receiver. So was CMC. I put Bijan behind those two.

Obviously it depends on who ends up with the picks but it seems like he could easily be a top 5 selection

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023RB.php

12/3/22: In 2022, Robinson has averaged 6.1 yards per carry for 1,580 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also has 19 receptions for 314 yards and two scores. Robinson is potentially the best player in the 2023 NFL Draft, and pro teams think he posseses rare ability and superstar potential. 

As we reported in the Hot Press, sources from a number of teams have Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. Here is what one area scout shared with WalterFootball.com: 

"It's rare that the best pure runner is also the best pure receiver; that's what makes Bijan unique," said an area scout. "He can legitimately go run routes like a true receiver. His skill set is more Marshall Faulk than any of those guys. Saquon can obviously win in the passing game, but he's not out running routes like Reggie Bush (Bijan does). His ball skills are as good as the top receivers in this class. 

"There are other runners on his level or even a notch better, but you're talking about the elite of every class, even on that alone. You can realistically run the offense thru him because he's in on every situation as your RB1, 1-2nd Down, 2 minute, 4 minute. He's more advanced all around than [Reggie] Bush, Joe Mixon, Saquon, Zeke. McCaffrey would have been like that had he been 215 pounds like Bijan. You have to go back to Faulk to find an elite runner and receiver like Bijan."

• Hook 'Em 1

It sure seems likeBijan should win tonight from an objective standpoint. He has better stats and NFL teams clearly think he's the best. That said, I won't be surprised at all if it's Corum.  

One random thing that could help - Corum and Brown may split some votes from Big 10 country voters.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Awards are at Lake Buena Vista, Florida tonight... Maybe he's got a private flight ??

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/11/finalists-announced-for-32nd-annual-edition-of-espns-the-home-depot-college-football-awards-show/

I looked into this because of the volleyball game attendance angle and everything I can find seems like this is just a 2 hour show produced by ESPN.  Like no stage or anything like that.  They probably have the winner on a zoom call or something, if that.