Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

Had the a similar feeling with him like Durant when he came in. (I know Durant had a bigger impact) but Bijan is everything you want the face of your program to be. He’s hopefully going to go to a solid team where he can let his skills shine. Will be one of my favorites of all time. Good luck Bijan! Represent Texas well! Sad to see you go

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I’m a chiefs fan and would love him there. Doubt he falls that far but him in that offense would be incredible. 

I’m a Cowboys fan and would LOVE to see Bijan in the Chiefs’ Offense.

Him, Kelsey, Mahomes, Smith-Schuster….damn…

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He won’t. RB is the one position the Texans  are in decent shape with Pierce

Yeah the Texans need literally every position other than RB.

I wish Miami had a 1st rounder to take him with. 49ers would've been a great fit too until they got CMac. Oh well

13 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Teams Id be happy to see him be on

Panthers, Chargers, Broncos, Saints, Cards, Cowboys, Rams

please no,

Steelers, Giants, Packers,

any other team, it is what it is... LETS GO BIJAN! GOOD LUCK BIG DAWG!

Teams I would be happy to see him on:

Steelers

Please no,

EVERYONE ELSE

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Some team is going to fall in love with him in the top 15.  I just don't see him lasting until the 20's.

Seattle, Detroit and Philly all have multiple picks and could be use a top flight RB to help push them over the top. Pete Carroll loves Texas players and the Bush/Bijan comparisons may be too much to pass up. 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Some team is going to fall in love with him in the top 15.  I just don't see him lasting until the 20's.

It's possible but unlikely as NFL GMs don't like to use early picks on RBs given wear and tear and good value in later rounds. The only RBs picked in top-15 in the last 6 years were Saquon Barkley and CMC - both have missed significant time due to injury.

Guys like Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, James Connor, and Joe Mixon, and Alvin Kamara were all Day 2 guys. Tony Pollard 4th round. Aaron Jones and Elijah Mitchell were 5th and 6th rounders. Austin Ekeler was an UDFA. Etc

6 hours ago, Davis Lane said:

"Hey, coach. Uh, don't you think we should put #5 in while we still have him?"

"Yeah, coach. He's healthy, too."

"Oh and coach, he's going to be the best back in college football. If he isn't already."

"Coach, did you hear us? Are you listening?"

Mensa:

Spoiler that shit.

• Like 1

Bijian did everything right and said everything right.  His comments of going to the NFL while he still has his wheels is the perfect answer.  He's being realistic of the short shelf life a NFL RB has and his draft stock isn't going to get any better.  And he gets to take Mustardson national that's where he's going to earn his real money

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I just think its funny every time some beloved college superstar from Texas enters the draft the Texans are sitting there with the #1 pick. I wonder what defensive lineman they will draft this time?

I mean it’s the Texans we’re talking about here.  There’s probably a punter or a deep snapper sitting there ripe for the taking at #1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Special talent.  I said when VY left that I felt sad, because we may never see a talent like that anytime soon at Texas and I get the same feeling with Bijan.  Other worldly vision and agility that other great running backs can't touch.  

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that as good of a player as he is, he might be a better kid and face/representative of the program and University.  So proud to call him a Longhorn for life.

Stay healthy, break ankles, get paid, be happy #5.  Hook'em.  NFL is gonna lose their shit when they see what he can do.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Maybe Im way behind the curve here…. But Texas should start a push if the  NFL bound players are interested…. go to the bowl game and enjoy the accolades.   Hold them outta practice except for conditioning.. let them be announced 

and in this yrs instance..let Bijan get a 2 yr dive then sub out for Roschon to get his 2 yrd dive…. both players get bowl love without the practice that Brooks and Blue get then Brooks and Blue play 98% of the snaps… of course this doesnt work for All NFL bound positions….but give the players a path to not get injured..still get the bowl fun.  with the portal….. we should have plenty of travel room from the 10-12 guys in the portal….. discuss!

Edited by Rholl