Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

2 hours ago, Rholl said:

Maybe Im way behind the curve here…. But Texas should start a push if the  NFL bound players are interested…. go to the bowl game and enjoy the accolades.   Hold them outta practice except for conditioning.. let them be announced 

and in this yrs instance..let Bijan get a 2 yr dive then sub out for Roschon to get his 2 yrd dive…. both players get bowl love without the practice that Brooks and Blue get then Brooks and Blue play 98% of the snaps… of course this doesnt work for All NFL bound positions….but give the players a path to not get injured..still get the bowl fun.  with the portal….. we should have plenty of travel room from the 10-12 guys in the portal….. discuss!

Its only the freshmen backs going forward? Shouldnt Keilan be expected to get more touches too?

16 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

My first RRR was in 2021 and this was the greatest play I have seen live by any player. Barring me being in house for the next 4th and 5 it will be hard to top. 

Bijan so cold he turned a LB into a gymnast. *When you gotta football game going on, but gymnastics is life... 

FBrJOvIXIAgI3Ko.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

That list would have looked much different if Herman didn’t criminally under use him his freshman year. 

That play we all remember against Tech his freshman year could have also ended his career…I’m grateful for how it played out 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Of all the idiotic things Tom Herman did (and he did a lot), his underutilization of Bijan wasn’t that bad. Bijan was a freshman and he did sustain a scary looking injury during the Tech game. I can’t argue with limiting him for a couple weeks after that. I think it did cost us the Iowa State game later that year. Tom realized that and let him feast on Kansas State and Colorado. Sark isn’t without fault either. He could’ve stuck with him in the second half at OSU this year and given home more than 12 carries against TCU. Hopefully the Baylor game was an indication of him learning to stick with your stud RB(s).

• Hook 'Em 2

I just don't see Bijan still available at #26...

In Pro Football Network’s latest mock draft, Robinson was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the No. 26 overall pick. Here’s what Kent Platte had to say about Robinson’s fit in Cincinnati.

The Cincinnati Bengals are one of the best teams in the NFL. They were in 2021, and they have continued to be in 2022. Teams like that have luxuries that lesser teams don’t really have when it comes to draft planning.

They’re rarely looking to fill major holes and have the benefit of a stronger overall roster. So they can overlook positions of need if the value doesn’t line up with their picks, and they can sometimes take identity-defining picks even if they’d be viewed as a luxury.

That’s where we see the Bengals with their pick here. Bijan Robinson is going to raise eyebrows from fans at first, given Joe Mixon’s remaining contract, who is set to make nearly $13 million in 2023.

You’re not just getting a starting running back in Robinson, though, nor are you just getting a guy who can produce in an NFL offense. You’re building an identity as a team that can threaten you deep with Ja’Marr Chase, so you can’t keep your safeties too close to the line, and beat you in many ways in the run game with Robinson, making it dangerous to play with your safeties too deep. It’s very tough to defend even before you consider Joe Burrow’s presence.

Pairing a superstar running back with Joe Burrow would certainly be a sight to see.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/23/texas-football-longhorns-bijan-robinson-nfl-draft-cincinnati-bengals-mock-first-round/

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Would love to be privy to conversations between those two.

Good article that mentions Campbell helping Bijan thru conversations...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32168521/if-texas-star-bijan-robinson-needs-advice-earl-campbell-ricky-williams-standby

Also Bijan talking about Earl...

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

bruh, i literally thought he snapped in half and ambulance was coming on to the field. 

On 12/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, HornsOverIthaca said:

Yeah that was messed up.

Scared the fuck out of me. Figured he would be crippled for life.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/25/2022 at 2:26 PM, LTtxfan said:

I just don't see Bijan still available at #26...

In Pro Football Network’s latest mock draft, Robinson was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the No. 26 overall pick. Here’s what Kent Platte had to say about Robinson’s fit in Cincinnati.

The Cincinnati Bengals are one of the best teams in the NFL. They were in 2021, and they have continued to be in 2022. Teams like that have luxuries that lesser teams don’t really have when it comes to draft planning.

They’re rarely looking to fill major holes and have the benefit of a stronger overall roster. So they can overlook positions of need if the value doesn’t line up with their picks, and they can sometimes take identity-defining picks even if they’d be viewed as a luxury.

That’s where we see the Bengals with their pick here. Bijan Robinson is going to raise eyebrows from fans at first, given Joe Mixon’s remaining contract, who is set to make nearly $13 million in 2023.

You’re not just getting a starting running back in Robinson, though, nor are you just getting a guy who can produce in an NFL offense. You’re building an identity as a team that can threaten you deep with Ja’Marr Chase, so you can’t keep your safeties too close to the line, and beat you in many ways in the run game with Robinson, making it dangerous to play with your safeties too deep. It’s very tough to defend even before you consider Joe Burrow’s presence.

Pairing a superstar running back with Joe Burrow would certainly be a sight to see.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2022/12/23/texas-football-longhorns-bijan-robinson-nfl-draft-cincinnati-bengals-mock-first-round/

Fuck Mixon

• Hook 'Em 2

Green Bay would be sweet

Tampa doesn't look to bad in the future eh

Any of the teams after pick 20 would be cool I guess...

I'm not really feeling the Lions, they've always always sucked shit and this "new Lions" shit still didn't make the playoffs in a down year for that conference. 

got a chance to chat with bijan at the hoops game on saturday night.  pure class all the way...very charismatic and a guy that would be successful at anything he does.  so easy to root for.

really hopes he gets to go somewhere worth a shit with a creative offensive coach and a good oline/qb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

got a chance to chat with bijan at the hoops game on saturday night.  pure class all the way...very charismatic and a guy that would be successful at anything he does.  so easy to root for.
really hopes he gets to go somewhere worth a shit with a creative offensive coach and a good oline/qb.
I really haven't paid much attention to the NFL the past few years since Jerrah ruined my childhood team, but which teams that could possibly draft him high 1st round fit your description?

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
56 minutes ago, sidis said:

I really haven't paid much attention to the NFL the past few years since Jerrah ruined my childhood team, but which teams that could possibly draft him high 1st round fit your description?

i was actually thinking about that and there's only a few that would work but i don't think that bijan will go in the "picked too high and thus condemned to a shitty team like the texans" territory.  for money, you obviously want to go high but for career quality, you ideally want to go 15-32.

a couple of the good, marginal teams where he could be a difference maker that come to my mind are the chargers and the dolphins.  of course, getting drafted by san francisco would be perfect but they already have mccaffrey (who i think think is part of the model for how you maximize bijan).  rams, eagles, and kc are obviously places where he would be able to really shine as well with offensive coaches who know wtf they are doing imo.

Edited by sidis

Bijan predicted mid to late 1st Rd.  Article below shows several sources: 

Best Result   #15         Worst Result   #31

Where Texas RB Bijan Robinson lands in latest NFL mock drafts

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/lists/texas-football-longhorns-nfl-draft-2023-bijan-robinson-mock-selected-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills-detroit-lions/

On 1/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, LTtxfan said:

Bijan predicted mid to late 1st Rd.  Article below shows several sources: 

Best Result   #15         Worst Result   #31

Where Texas RB Bijan Robinson lands in latest NFL mock drafts

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/lists/texas-football-longhorns-nfl-draft-2023-bijan-robinson-mock-selected-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills-detroit-lions/

Kiper's early Mock Draft has the Cowboys taking Bijan at #25

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Robinson's hands are really going to separate him as a back at the next level. Catches the ball like McCaffrey. WR-like. 

Two concerns for some NFL teams for taking Bijan in 1st Rd are his lack of breakaway speed and his deficiencies in blocking for pass protection.

Bijan would probably be best suited with a creative offensive team that can platoon him with another RB.

Hope I'm wrong, but Bijan looks like a good fit for Philly at the #10 pick -- Eagles Oline is good and they are explosive on offense.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I love Bijan.  I hate that he's gonna fall because he's a RB. But I would rather them take someone else in R1 and take Roschon in R3.

It’s pretty cool that we’ll get to see him on a team that doesn’t suck

• Hook 'Em 2