Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

49 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I think the Eagles pick him

Hope Bijan doesn't end up in Philly.  My guess is eagles would have trade up unless they are using their #1 pick they got from Saints (currently #10 pick).

If they trade down from #10, Bijan might still be available between #18 and #25.  

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

22 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 2/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, LTtxfan said:

Things like this are why Bijan being a Longhorn has value far past his last play in burnt orange. So happy he didn't bail on us after Herman was shitcanned, he could have gone anywhere he wanted and pulled in the NIL $$$

Yeah, interest in Bijan as 1st RB most likely taken in 2023 Draft, and the range of spots where he will go makes him a popular subject in Mock Drafts....🤘

Yeah, interest in Bijan as 1st RB most likely taken in 2023 Draft, and the range of spots where he will go makes him a popular subject in Mock Drafts....
Any team that needs a RB would be foolish to pass on Bijan. He may not break as many tackles at the next level, but he can make yards where none are available most of the time and has good hands as well.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:35 PM, BachelorTrek said:

Jerruh won't do it --- "principles" of being piggy --- he'd rather never sniff the Super Bowl again than get there with a Texas Longhorns RB.

If he wouldn't draft Tony Brackens, he ain't draftin' Bijan.

Even before JJ, the Cowboys didn't draft a lot of UT players.  But even fewer after JJ.  I was surprised to see how many Horns went to Philly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:28 AM, Uncle Nate said:

I want you all to know that Bijan last night was as fine as a representative of the University of Texas as I’ve ever seen…this coming from someone who has an inherent bias against all things UT. :)

After listening to him talk last night, and listening to others talk about him, I walked away with so much admiration for this young man and a jealousy of UT for having him be one of your student-athletes.

From the charity he started while a student at UT, to his faith, to his long term plans and just simple joy for life, I was just so grateful to have that opportunity to learn so much more about him.

And his grandfather, who Bijan considers his only real father and calls him dad, is just as impressive and cool.  PAC 10 football official while Bijan was growing up, he was just an absolutely incredible mentor and guide for this young man to emulate.

Funny story- his mom has kept everything he has ever broken around the house playing football so that if he ever made it to the nfl, he can reimburse her for all the damages.  Got the second biggest laugh of the evening.

Just wanted to share.  What a special person.  You all were truly blessed to have him be a part of your university family. I am a big fan.

Now I need to go order some of his mustard.  

Thanks for sharing man.

That mustard is great by the way.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:22 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Even before JJ, the Cowboys didn't draft a lot of UT players.  But even fewer after JJ.  I was surprised to see how many Horns went to Philly. 

Tom Landry, a Texas RB/DB himself, drafted a FEW Texas players, but usually didn't.

Everett Gay and Jeff Ward may have been his last 2 Texas draftees, in the 1987 draft.

The Longhorn part of me wishes he stayed another year, got Ricky thick and won the Heisman. 

But the businessman side of me says, you avoided a lot of pounding this last year. While NIL dollars would have been good for sure, better to get the contract clicking years towards free agency.  Looks like nearly everyone looking at him is not expecting him to come in and carry the load.  So hopefully avoiding another year of heavy pounding.   The type of young man he is will make him an asset to any team's locker room, and his talents are going to get more notice as time goes on. Assuming he stays healthy he will cash in big time the next contract.

I saw one projection having him go to the Cowboys, but I don't wish him a long tenure under Jerry.  No matter where he goes the kid is a flat out baller and hard worker that is diligent about his profession.  So fans of some lucky team are gonna get not only a hell of a player, but a great face for the team to promote off the field.  I think that over time you are going to see Bijan in a lot of commercials, and that he will be very impactful off the field via charity work.

Some team is gonna get luckier than they even know!

Edited by horn4life

On 2/18/2023 at 10:28 AM, Uncle Nate said:

I want you all to know that Bijan last night was as fine as a representative of the University of Texas as I’ve ever seen…this coming from someone who has an inherent bias against all things UT. :)

After listening to him talk last night, and listening to others talk about him, I walked away with so much admiration for this young man and a jealousy of UT for having him be one of your student-athletes.

From the charity he started while a student at UT, to his faith, to his long term plans and just simple joy for life, I was just so grateful to have that opportunity to learn so much more about him.

And his grandfather, who Bijan considers his only real father and calls him dad, is just as impressive and cool.  PAC 10 football official while Bijan was growing up, he was just an absolutely incredible mentor and guide for this young man to emulate.

Funny story- his mom has kept everything he has ever broken around the house playing football so that if he ever made it to the nfl, he can reimburse her for all the damages.  Got the second biggest laugh of the evening.

Just wanted to share.  What a special person.  You all were truly blessed to have him be a part of your university family. I am a big fan.

Now I need to go order some of his mustard.  

Yeah his momma did a great job but his grandfather deserves a ton of credit as well.  If I had a daughter I would hope she could meet someone like Bijan.  He definitely walks the walk. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, horn4life said:

The Longhorn part of me wishes he stayed another year, got Ricky thick and won the Heisman. 

But the businessman side of me says, you avoided a lot of pounding this last year. While NIL dollars would have been good for sure, better to get the contract clicking years towards free agency.  Looks like nearly everyone looking at him is not expecting him to come in and carry the load.  So hopefully avoiding another year of heavy pounding.   The type of young man he is will make him an asset to any team's locker room, and his talents are going to get more notice as time goes on. Assuming he stays healthy he will cash in big time the next contract.

I saw one projection having him go to the Cowboys, but I don't wish him a long tenure under Jerry.  No matter where he goes the kid is a flat out baller and hard worker that is diligent about his profession.  So fans of some lucky team are gonna get not only a hell of a player, but a great face for the team to promote off the field.  I think that over time you are going to see Bijan in a lot of commercials, and that he will be very impactful off the field via charity work.

Some team is gonna get luckier than they even know!

The only way I could ever root for Dallas is if Bijan is part of that team.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1