Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

On 9/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, TexasGolf said:

Any chance / scenario he comes back next year ?

On 9/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, Longboard Horn said:

May as well. Get that degree and run away with the Doak and Heisman

You know, I don't think there is a 100% chance that Bijan leaves. He has never played in a Texas offense that has been hitting on all cylinders. If Quinn comes back,  lights it up, and Texas wins out, that's a conference championship, and next year Texas would be the favorite to repeat having a chance for the CFP.

Points I would try to get him to consider:

1. Just like Ricky, he would almost certainly win the Doak Walker, and a pretty good probability of the Heisman, if he ran for over 2500 yards.

2. I am pretty certain he is making more with NIL, then he would ever make in his final year in the NFL.

3. Quinn will keep defenses from stacking the box, giving him more opportunities to break off explosive plays. The badasses on the OL, will have one more year of experience.

4. He would have one more year of fun, before having to treat football as a business.

5. Gets to be a huge celebrity in a cool city with no pro franchise.

6. Can purchase an insurance policy for injury.

Steve Sarkisian needs to pray, and tell Bijan that God agrees.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, TexasGolf said:

Any chance / scenario he comes back next year ?

I'd be surprised but maybe if the boosters swang their Ds. The #15 pick in the draft got ~$4mm per year on his rookie deal. The 32nd pick got ~$3mm. If the boosters can top that, then maybe. Although I know the math is a lot more complicated when you project out an entire NFL career earnings. Returning for a 12-game college season also saves his body a lot more than an 18-game NFL season.

It'd be awesome to see him finally run behind a good OL with a legit passing game to keep defenses honest. Ultimately though, gotta be hard to risk an injury or something when the NFL dream is right in front of you.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

There is no way Baxter comes here if Bijan returns for his senior year. Baxter is an EE, and was likely sold on being a starter his freshmen season.

You think he’s starting over the other guys we have at RB? I don’t think he’s that level of talent.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

There is no way Baxter comes here if Bijan returns for his senior year. Baxter is an EE, and was likely sold on being a starter his freshmen season.

No fucking way Sark or Choice promised him to be a starter, especially with Brooks, who's no slouch. Blue is also just getting started. It would be beyond idiotic for any couch to promise a kid anything other than the chance to be a starter if he's good enough and puts in the work. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, CHIEF said:

You know, I don't think there is a 100% chance that Bijan leaves. He has never played in a Texas offense that has been hitting on all cylinders. If Quinn comes back,  lights it up, and Texas wins out, that's a conference championship, and next year Texas would be the favorite to repeat having a chance for the CFP.

Points I would try to get him to consider:

1. Just like Ricky, he would almost certainly win the Doak Walker, and a pretty good probability of the Heisman, if he ran for over 2500 yards.

2. I am pretty certain he is making more with NIL, then he would ever make in his final year in the NFL.

3. Quinn will keep defenses from stacking the box, giving him more opportunities to break off explosive plays. The badasses on the OL, will have one more year of experience.

4. He would have one more year of fun, before having to treat football as a business.

5. Gets to be a huge celebrity in a cool city with no pro franchise.

6. Can purchase an insurance policy for injury.

Steve Sarkisian needs to pray, and tell Bijan that God agrees.

CHIEF

He's gone. It is absolutely critical that you get to the second contract as fast as possible as a RB - it's true of any NFL player, but especially at that position. 

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Baxter is RB1 outright or RB1b as soon as spring camp closes. Hopefully Blue is pushing for carries too, but it's more likely that he portals by then.

The RB situation will be the most interesting thing to watch in next year's Spring and Fall camps. I wonder how Keilan fits into the picture. Is Brooks the heir apparent to getting the majority of carries? Will he split them with Baxter?

As of Oct 17

#13 for UT career rushing yards (2610)

#14 in rushing TDs (25)

#10 in total yards (3340)

#12 in total TDs (32)

If he has 6 more games this year like his first 7, he'd finish 2022

#5 in career rushing yards

#8 in rushing TDs

#4 in total yards

Tied for #3 in total TDs

Not bad for what amounts to 2.5 seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ryskey said:

As of Oct 17

#13 for UT career rushing yards (2610)

#14 in rushing TDs (25)

#10 in total yards (3340)

#12 in total TDs (32)

If he has 6 more games this year like his first 7, he'd finish 2022

#5 in career rushing yards

#8 in rushing TDs

#4 in total yards

Tied for #3 in total TDs

Not bad for what amounts to 2.5 seasons.

Interesting...a couple of monster games (or an extra game for Big12 title) and he could pass Jamaal for #4 in rushing yards.

Is it just me or did we have a lot of reallllllly slow developing run plays against Iowa State. I don't know if that's by design or if it is poor run blocking. Just seemed like there wasn't much hitting the hole. It was just kind of bob and weave through bodies.

He has never been "fast."  He is extremely quick, has the ability to change directions while accelerating, which is almost alien like, and he is a pretty big dude, but he has never been straight-line "fast."  (I.E. I think he is a 4.5 guy - plenty fast - just not pull away from people with angles fast).

• Hook 'Em 1