Frog legs

workswithseed

The correct way to have frog legs is lightly fried with a yellow corn meal coating, served with eggs, biscuits and bacon next to the lake as the sun is coming up.  This is, of course, after staying up all night drinking, catching and cleaning said frogs.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yep, lightly battered and fried, and not for too long.

My favorite way to have them was at the old-school Pappa's, back in the day.  They did broiled frog legs pontchartrain.  Lightly fried, then topped with pontchartrain sauce (rich and dark wine and butter sauce with big chunks of crab meat and shrimp).  That was glorious.  But man, I've hammered some just regular old fried ones in my day.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, lightly battered and fried, and not for too long.

My favorite way to have them was at the old-school Pappa's, back in the day.  They did broiled frog legs pontchartrain.  Lightly fried, then topped with pontchartrain sauce (rich and dark wine and butter sauce with big chunks of crab meat and shrimp).  That was glorious.  But man, I've hammered some just regular old fried ones in my day.

I think I have to come to terms that I probably have an allergy to shrimp. :(

11 hours ago, davidg said:

The correct way to have frog legs is lightly fried with a yellow corn meal coating, served with eggs, biscuits and bacon next to the lake as the sun is coming up.  This is, of course, after staying up all night drinking, catching and cleaning said frogs.

Brush them with a light coating of yellow mustard before putting them in a paper bag filled with corn meal.....shaking to coat

Mustard doesn't come through as a taste, but does an excellent job of holding just the right amount of cornmeal on the legs, and just works somehow  to bring out the flavor.

Same thing for fried catfish.  It just works and you won't ever cornmeal fry without it.