Hey Bandit, this here is the Snowman...

CHIEF

Mom was going through some of Dad's old stuff, and found two of these, brand new, still in the box:

OldCBBox.png

OldCB.png

We are gonna mount one in each of our trucks. Can't wait to be involved in a high speed pursuit and get to slip into the rocking chair. I bet Lil' Beaver is now Lil' Old Crusty Beaver.

I would have liked to have had one when we hunted north of Abilene, absolutely no phone signal out there. Any of you degenerates still have one in your vehicle?

CHIEF

Growing up I had a friend who's dad put up a massive CB tower in his back yard.  We used to fuck with truck drivers a long ways away( I would swear it was from other states, but it appears about 100 miles is the limit).  It was awesome.  Of course we weren't supposed to be touching the system and it all ended when we got caught.

Like this,

06157eeaf370048cb4c718c3ebe42cca--radio-

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, Incredulity said:

Growing up I had a friend who's dad put up a massive CB tower in his back yard.  We used to fuck with truck drivers a long ways away( I would swear it was from other states, but it appears about 100 miles is the limit).  It was awesome.  Of course we weren't supposed to be touching the system and it all ended when we got caught.

Like this,

06157eeaf370048cb4c718c3ebe42cca--radio-

You can talk much further than 100 miles with just a piddly CB in a car under the right atmospheric conditions.

The phenomenon is called "skip" but it's surprisingly difficult to find a simple but comprehensive description of it anywhere online. 

http://cbradiomagazine.com/idiots-guide-to-shooting-skip-cb-radio-11-meters-skip-conditions/#:~:text=Welcome to the world of,even from country to country.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You can talk much further than 100 miles with just a piddly CB in a car under the right atmospheric conditions.

The phenomenon is called "skip" but it's surprisingly difficult to find a simple but comprehensive description of it anywhere online. 

http://cbradiomagazine.com/idiots-guide-to-shooting-skip-cb-radio-11-meters-skip-conditions/#:~:text=Welcome to the world of,even from country to country.

There were a couple of times, when I was living in Durango that I got to listen to WBAP 820 up on the mountain at Purgatory. Kinda cool getting to listen about all the piddly shit going on back home.

CHIEF