Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

Do you feel a need to show the world how outraged you are about abortion?

Do you have spicy memes that illustrate how heartless the libs are?

Love to compare abortion to things like the Holocaust or the African slave trade?

Great news! THIS is the thread for you!

Next time you see a post in a different topic of conversation and feel the need to throw in a "Well, actually libs, ABORTION..." derail, remember that this thread is here for you!

Enjoy your stay.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Government needs to stay out of female reproductive rights.  Don’t like abortion? Find a non-State solution. 

JMO.

"Non-state solution" could easily be read by the guapos of the world to suggest shooting up abortion clinics. May want to think of a better way to phrase that.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Government needs to stay out of female reproductive rights.  Don’t like abortion? Find a non-State solution. 

JMO.

I agree with you. Hell must have frozen over. 

If the father offers to pay for an abortion should he be let off the hook for child support?  

OK, I'll play.

This is an abortion at 24 weeks.

th?id=OIP.xp5dHlyerktN3D4fvn7ebAHaFH&w=2

If you're going to advocate FOR it, you should acknowledge what you're advocating FOR.

Would you call that a zygote?

I'm gonna call that a baby and apparently I'm going to be the only one who will.

Planned Parenthood does some 350,000 of those a year. Some earlier many later. That's almost a thousand every day.

And they have done exactly 0 (Zero) mammograms in their entire history. Not one. Tell me again about they are a vital resource for women's healthcare.

And of course, PP is NOT a non-profit. They make millions of dollars a year ripping babies from the wombs of mostly minority women. (In fact, that was always the plan, but I don't want you to believe me - I want you to go look it up and prove me wrong!)

I get that boys and girls want to have unprotected sex. That's Nature's way of making sure we make more babies. Simple Biology 101.

(Why do you hate science?)

For what's it's worth, I'll confess. While at UT, I paid for two abortions, one certainly mine, the other maybe, maybe not. My default position was that it was a woman's decision to make. I said that we should have a vote that ONLY women could participate in, and that whatever they decided should be the rule.

Then my ex-wife got pregnant. We were both in our early thirties and a doctor had assured us it would be nigh impossible. We discussed abortion and ultimately decided against it.

After my son was born, my opinion changed. He's the most important thing in the world to me and I still shudder when I think about how close we came to tossing him in the trash.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

So I don't like murder in general. I don't like auto theft.

So I won't commit a murder or steal a car? Should that my sole input on the matter?

How about this?

"If you don't want to have a baby, don't let some random schmuck nut inside you."

That's way easier, cheaper and less bloody than having an abortion.

Hey, you asked.

Let me ask YOU one more question. Do you really know anyone who seriously wishes they HAD aborted their healthy child? Anyone at all?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

OK, I'll play.

th?id=OIP.xp5dHlyerktN3D4fvn7ebAHaFH&w=2

If you're going to advocate FOR it, you should acknowledge what you're advocating FOR.

Would you call that a zygote?

I'm gonna call that a baby and apparently I'm going to be the only one who will.

Planned Parenthood does some 350,000 of those a year. Some earlier many later. That's almost a thousand every day.

And they have done exactly 0 (Zero) mammograms in their entire history. Not one. Tell me again about they are a vital resource for women's healthcare.

And of course, PP is NOT a non-profit. They make millions of dollars a year ripping babies from the wombs of mostly minority women. (In fact, that was always the plan, but I don't want you to believe me - I want you to go look it up and prove me wrong!)

I get that boys and girls want to have unprotected sex. That's Nature's way of making sure we make more babies. Simple Biology 101.

(Why do you hate science?)

For what's it's worth, I'll confess. While at UT, I paid for two abortions, one certainly mine, the other maybe, maybe not. My default position was that it was a woman's decision to make. I said that we should have a vote that ONLY women could participate in, and that whatever they decided should be the rule.

Then my ex-wife got pregnant. We were both in our early thirties and a doctor had assured us it would be nigh impossible. We discussed abortion and ultimately decided against it.

After my son was born, my opinion changed. He's the most important thing in the world to me and I still shudder when I think about how close we came to tossing him in the trash.

So I don't like murder in general. I don't like auto theft.

So I won't commit a murder or steal a car? Should that my sole input on the matter?

How about this?

"If you don't want to have a baby, don't let some random schmuck nut inside you."

That's way easier, cheaper and less bloody than having an abortion.

Hey, you asked.

Let me ask YOU one more question. Do you really know anyone who seriously wishes they HAD aborted their healthy child? Anyone at all?

EDIT: NM. I misunderstood that last part. Personally, I don't know anyone who seriously wishes they had aborted their healthy child, but they are out there. They exist.

Edited by David Dennison

7 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Would you call that a zygote?I'm gonna call that a baby and apparently I'm going to be the only one who will.

Look at me, I'm morally grandstanding!! Look how virtuous I am!!! LOOK! MOM LOOK!!!!

If you advocate eating meat, you should have to look at animals being slaughtered all the time.
If you advocate any war, you should have to look at the dismembered corpses of bombing victims all the time.
If you advocate allowing people to poop you should have to look at pictures of shit in toilets all the time.

and on and on and on and on...

Completely irrelevant to any real discussion of the topic, but HUGELY instructive as to how you arrived at your position.

So, do you believe you paid to have babies murdered?

Hmm, and the previous two abortions didn't haunt you before this? I mean, you considered paying for a THIRD, right?

So I don't like murder in general. 

But you paid for two and almost paid for a third, right? Should you go to jail? Hmm

Of course not, because once we humanize something we no longer think of it as an option. It's where your ridiculous virtue signaling about the use of the word "baby" ("AND I'M THE ONLY ONE (even though I paid to kill two already)") shit comes from.

• Like 1

I mean, you would think being so close to the situation and having gone through it personally would lead one to be more circumspect and open-minded about the situations of other people... but no... time to go full zealot against people who followed the exact same fucking life path I did!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Look at me, I'm morally grandstanding!! Look how virtuous I am!!! LOOK! MOM LOOK!!!!

Did you just start this thread to get everyone to agree with you?

I merely participated in the thread YOU started. Am I not allowed my own opinion?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Completely irrelevant to any real discussion of the topic, but HUGELY instructive as to how you arrived at your position.

Of course it is! THAT'S the point.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hmm, and the previous two abortions didn't haunt you before this? I mean, you considered paying for a THIRD, right?

Of course it is. THAT'S the point!

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

But you paid for two and almost paid for a third, right? Should you go to jail? Hmm

Something tells me you'd be more than happy to slam the cattle car door in my face and send me off for "re-education", right?

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I mean, you would think being so close to the situation and having gone through it personally would lead one to be more circumspect and open-minded about the situations of other people... but no... time to go full zealot against people who followed the exact same fucking life path I did!!

I can see it from both sides. My opinion is actually "informed".

Is yours?

PS. Did you think I expected mine to be the popular opinion? YOU asked for it and I answered it honestly. Why does that scare you?

Edited by DoobieWah

Maybe I should also mention that my wife and I divorced when my son was a baby and I got full custody when he was four. I raised him alone and never got a dime of child support.

He just turned 28.

Does that buy me any additional consideration at all?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Maybe I should also mention that my wife and I divorced when my son was a baby and I got full custody when he was four. I raised him alone and never got a dime of child support.

He just turned 28.

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

Is yours?

PS. Did you think I expected mine to be the popular opinion? YOU asked for it and I answered it honestly. Why does that scare you?

Do you or do you not think that you should be punished for having paid for abortions by the law? Do you or do you not think that the women whose abortions you paid for should be punished by the law?

As a side note, you should go look up what "non-profit" means.

While I can appreciate the Surly comebacks, I'm a bit disappointed that no one seems able or willing to debate the matter.

I can't expect much from Brian Fontana  but FondrenRoad has been slinging shitty opinions around since HornFans.

28 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

To be fair, was he really a healthy child?

That's the best you got?

Please make a case FOR abortion as it's currently practiced.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Do you or do you not think that you should be punished for having paid for abortions by the law? Do you or do you not think that the women whose abortions you paid for should be punished by the law?

Punished? I don't know. I regret them though.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

As a side note, you should go look up what "non-profit" means.

Are you suggesting PP IS a non-profit. YOU should go look it up!

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

OK, I'll play.

Just for a little perspective, only about 1% of all abortions in the US happen past 21 weeks (~5,500), but 16 million kids in the US live in households without the means to get food on a regular basis.  I think you're focusing on the wrong problem.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Punished? I don't know. I regret them though.

If you think they should be illegal, it seems to follow that you think people who solicit them, pay for them, and perform them should be somehow punished if they violate the proposed prohibitions against soliciting them, paying for them, and performing them. Yet only a tiny fraction of abortion opponents ever actually want to punish those involved. A slightly larger number are ok with punishing the doctors who perform them, but only them. Given the severity of the activity complained about (murder, holocaust, etc.), the discomfort abortion opponents feel with supporting any legal repercussions is interesting, to say the least. Most people have no problem enthusiastically supporting life sentences if not the death penalty for other forms of murder.

Are you suggesting PP IS a non-profit. YOU should go look it up!

Yes, because it is a registered nonprofit corporation. You seem to have a misconception about what that means. A nonprofit isn't an organization that doesn't receive money for services, it is an organization that uses any surplus revenues to further its stated objective, rather than paying them out to shareholders or members. You may be thinking of a charity, which PP has never claimed to be.

Edited by wildcat09

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Grassroots movements promoting safe sex education, compassion, love, and alternatives for mothers considering abortion.

Sex education is exactly what the GOP base doesn't want. They are at the mercy of the evangelicals that push for abstinence-only programs.

• Like 2

Just now, DoobieWah said:

So can we agree that abortions should be forbidden after say twelve weeks?

I would consider that a vast improvement over the current situation.

Generally what are the current restrictions on abortion, time wise?

7 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Generally what are the current restrictions on abortion, time wise?

The official platform is that abortion should be on demand literally until natural birth. AND that the government should pay for ALL of them.

No shit. They don't advertise it of course, (well they do the government paying for it part), but go find a pro abortionist that sets any time limit at all. Go ahead.

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yes, because it is a registered nonprofit corporation. You seem to have a misconception about what that means.

I know what it means. PP calls itself a non-profit while booking a cool $100,000,000 a year.

No shit.

Do YOU call that a non-profit?

9 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

The official platform is that abortion should be on demand literally until natural birth. AND that the government should pay for ALL of them.

No shit. They don't advertise it of course, (well they do the government paying for it part), but go find a pro abortionist that sets any time limit at all. Go ahead.

I know what it means. PP calls itself a non-profit while booking a cool $100,000,000 a year.

No shit.

Do YOU call that a non-profit?

You did not answer my question. BF did though.

a woman should have control over their own reproductive rights until they infringe on the rights of the baby they're carrying. those little humans should be the most protected of our protected classes.  they are completely unable to defend themselves, the most vulnerable of the vulnerable.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

a woman should have control over their own reproductive rights until they infringe on the rights of the baby they're carrying. those little humans should be the most protected of our protected classes.  they are completely unable to defend themselves, the most vulnerable of the vulnerable.  

Let's protect babies in the womb, but not give a flying fuck about them after they're born. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

I merely participated in the thread YOU started. Am I not allowed my own opinion?

No,  you're not allowed your own opinion. You are under arrest by the government. Enjoy jail, sucker!

Why are you so whiny? Why do you pretend to be a victim?

Something tells me you'd be more than happy to slam the cattle car door in my face and send me off for "re-education", right?

lol what? I'll just make fun of you on the Internet, Captain Victimhood

Is yours?

"Don't talk about abortion until you've paid for a few of them." - smart people

I honestly do not think your opinion is any more informed now than it was when you were paying to have babies killed because you didn't know how to be responsible*. What you have done is gone from one selfish motivation ("Raise a baby? Ain't nobody got time for that!") to another selfish motivation ("I love my baby! Now I'm King Righteousness!"). All of it flows through your own selfishness and self-centeredness.

And fuckin' LOL at the idea of you being "informed" when your role was to fork over some cash while the women actually had to go through with it.

I've never had to deal with any side of it. I wore a rubber until I got married and then we had kids then I got snipped when we didn't want any more kids. Even though I've never had to deal with it, I have no idea why I would want to interfere with other peoples' choices or want the government to interfere on my behalf. I'm an asshole, but I'm not that much of an asshole.

Yes i am terrified of your anti-abortion ideas that you share with tens/hundreds of millions of Americans. You are a wildman and a true rebel

* - from your own logic. I don't think you paid to have babies killed. I think you and your sexual partners had to make difficult decisions and I do not think the government should have prevented you from making your own choices in this regard

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Let's protect babies in the womb, but not give a flying fuck about them after they're born. 

Well the lady that begat Planned Parenthood had this to say on the subject:

" The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it. "

She was serious and was NOT talking about abortions. Sounds like you might agree with her.

3 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Banking. Collecting. Journal entry under "Profit".

OK.  There is no journal entry over "profit" even in a for profit business.  Profit is the result of what is left over after Revenue and expenses have been accrued.  Profit flows to the balance sheet in the form of equity in the enterprise. NFP accounting changes the names up a bit but it is basically all the same thing except for shareholder activities of the for profits.

While I have not looked at PPs books, I suspect the 100 MIL you are referring to is total annual revenues i the form of services and grants which may include the sale of body parts.

2 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

He just turned 28.

No, that's a nice anecdote though.  WTF does that have to do with some other woman's body?  

And if anyone wants to see how shitty antiabortion activists are just watch John Oliver's recent episide on it.  These people are scum. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc