Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Just gonna quote myself from a month ago:

Christians are about to start acting like they've never heard the phrase "Judeo-Christian" in their lives. Sam Alito will end up writing a 5-4 opinion that Judaism is more an ethnicity than a religion so Jews can't avail themselves of the protections against religious discrimination. The opinion will also include a paragraph speculating that Jews are behind the great replacement/white genocide conspiracy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Meh, its probably just dems rushing to get abortions before they're criminalized.

That was the exact response from a friend of mine- "just like gun sales go up because people are afraid Dems will ban them...."

My response- "So you're admitting that the whole 'Dems will ban your guns!' narrative is bullshit, primarily used for money making purposes?"

Just now, NWBuck said:

That was the exact response from a friend of mine- "just like gun sales go up because people are afraid Dems will ban them...."

My response- "So you're admitting that the whole 'Dems will ban your guns!' narrative is bullshit, primarily used for money making purposes?"

Well, mine was a joke . . .it being real would imply that people got pregnant for the express purpose of getting an abortion.

14 hours ago, Foosters said:

Well, mine was a joke . . .it being real would imply that people got pregnant for the express purpose of getting an abortion.

If any hot, young, left-leaning woman would like me to impregnate her so we can get her an abortion before it becomes illegal, I’m game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Facebook and Anti-Abortion Clinics Are Collecting Highly Sensitive Info on Would-Be Patients

Facebook is collecting ultra-sensitive personal data about abortion seekers and enabling anti-abortion organizations to use that data as a tool to target and influence people online, in violation of its own policies and promises.

In the wake of a leaked Supreme Court opinion signaling the likely end of nationwide abortion protections, privacy experts are sounding alarms about all the ways people’s data trails could be used against them if some states criminalize abortion.

A joint investigation by Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and The Markup found that the world’s largest social media platform is already collecting data about people who visit the websites of hundreds of crisis pregnancy centers, which are quasi-health clinics, mostly run by religiously aligned organizations whose mission is to persuade people to choose an option other than abortion.

https://revealnews.org/article/facebook-data-abortion-crisis-pregnancy-center/

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If any hot, young, left-leaning woman would like me to impregnate her so we can get her an abortion before it becomes illegal, I’m game. 

"Hey- wanna go halfsies on a bastard???"

On 6/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, NWBuck said:

Not Clinton, not Bush, not Obama... The "Pro-life" Trump administration accomplishments just keep getting better!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/health/abortion-rate-increase.html

either 1) women looked around and saw what was happening and said 'fuck this shit' and spent a lot of time getting drunk and laid with whoever bc why not it's the end of the world as we knew it and some of us are just rooting for a nihilistic end to it all...or 2) women looked around and saw what was happening and said 'no way in hell am i bringing a child into this world!' 

or 3)Why Dont We Have Both GIF

basically...

image.thumb.png.e1ea188fedad0d70d79c14267316ce6d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Some women are going to die. The only question is how many. 

Elementary school children were killed, and rulings were handed down to allow more guns. They don't give a fuck about human life. Only winning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Another personal decision is about to taken away (in some places) in the Land of the Free.

This country is a complete fraud.

Don’t you get it we live in a republic man. Wait is that when I use that line or not?

• Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Hoping the Republicans caught a tiger by the tail with this one.

The base is going to be more fired up by this result more than the Dems IMO because there is not a direct remedy of electing Dems in midterms and this being overturned. Not like sending Trump out on his ass.

• Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The base is going to be more fired up by this result more than the Dems IMO because there is not a direct remedy of electing Dems in midterms and this being overturned. Not like sending Trump out on his ass.

The Republican base is already far more activated than the Dem base. The Dems have a lot more low-hanging, non-voting fruit available to pick. Of course, they are an entirely useless political machine so fruit could fall into their basket and they'd find a way to cut a hole in the basket.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Thomas concurring opinion says that all due process precedents should be reconsidered, including Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell

Guess whats next

Griswold?  The Jelly of the Month Clib is in jeopardy?  

Gonna need a bigger ledge for everyone to fit on. 

I'm kinda thinking the righties are gonna reap the whirlwind on this one.

I think they initially used it as a "talking point" to lure in fundagelical types, but weren't nationally serious about abrogating abortion rights (some states, another matter, obviously).

Now they've done it, it's quite unpopular with a majority, and some shit's about to go down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think they initially used it as a "talking point" to lure in fundagelical types, but weren't nationally serious about abrogating abortion rights (some states, another matter, obviously).

Now they've done it, it's quite unpopular with a majority, and some shit's about to go down.

It doesn't matter. They can lose a nationwide vote by 8 million and still win the White House. They've gerrymandered themselves into supermajorities in states in which they barely have majorities. The future is GOP control of the nation, with Democratic enclaves in the northwest, northeast, California and Colorado where people actually have some civil rights, but the Border Patrol can still kick down their door and beat the shit out of them and rob them at any time. 

• Rage+1 2

That be true if we lived in a majority-ruled society.

27 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The Republican base is already far more activated than the Dem base. The Dems have a lot more low-hanging, non-voting fruit available to pick. Of course, they are an entirely useless political machine so fruit could fall into their basket and they'd find a way to cut a hole in the basket.

Very true. The Dems are just basically organizationally incompetent, sad to say.

Maybe, just maybe, this ruling will cause the Dems to coalesce around something, like the GOP has been about abortion. 

Now it's the Dems turn. Fuck all that woke/Latinx bullshit. Get your heads out of your asses, Dems, and actually act like you have some snap when it comes to politics. 

1 minute ago, Asithappens said:

Very true. The Dems are just basically organizationally incompetent, sad to say.

Maybe, just maybe, this ruling will cause the Dems to coalesce around something, like the GOP has been about abortion. 

Now it's the Dems turn. Fuck all that woke/Latinx bullshit. Get your heads out of your asses, Dems, and actually act like you have some snap when it comes to politics. 

The fact that Dems have the House, Senate, and Presidency and haven't advanced a bill to raise the minimum wage should tell you that they won't do shit. 

In 2 weeks, if you were to poll women who identify as Republican and pro-choice, and ask them which political party is responsible for RvW going down, the vast majority will blame the Democrats. Truth, reason and common sense no longer matter in any of this. 

• Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The GOP, which has already made significant gains with Latinos, will be even more appealing to Catholic and Evangelical Latinos who vote because electing Republicans has clear results - conservative judges appointed who become the arbiters of hot button issues because Congress is a completely disfuncional and not holding up their end in what is supposed to be 3 equal branches because they can’t get anything meaningful done even on matters that show public consensus like background checks for gun purchases.

Edited by Macklemore

36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We're not supposed to say mean things about the Democratic Party today.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

the-dark-knight-joker.gif

14 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The fact that Dems have the House, Senate, and Presidency and haven't advanced a bill to raise the minimum wage should tell you that they won't do shit. 

It's because all the dem leadership has been the fucking same for the last 20 years and they were sucking on their teeth way back then too. The crypt keepers need to fucking hand the reigns off and stop driving the country into a ditch with a deathgrip, as boomers are want to do

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Hell, at least Icono is honest (about the GOP's plan to sabotage Congress and empower the courts as unaccountable tribunals to enact conservative policies, not about who he is).

How else do you think “common good” constitutional government will come to fruition. The new right has contempt for what y’all want - majoritarian rule. 

• Fuck You 7