Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I can't shake the feeling that this is the day that future historians will point to.  There were a lot of turning point moments, notably when a sexual predator was elected president, when a sexual predator was confirmed to the Supreme Court, and when a former president incited an insurrection and literally half the country defended it.  There were a lot of significant steps along the way that future generations will look at the same way we look at 1930's Germany and say, "How in the actual fuck could they have let that happen?  Or that?"

But today the basic human right of bodily autonomy was stolen from half of Americans.  The people who claim to cherish our Constitution just shat all over the Founders and every philosopher this country's ideals were based on.  And they're the same people who won't shut up about individual liberties when we're talking about their hand-held killing machines.  These so-called Christians who put brown kids in cages, legislating their version of Biblical morality.  These people that the Founders would've kicked out of the fucking room.  These so-called patriots, who love their flag and their military the most, blissfully unaware that they have absolutely destroyed whatever this country could've been.

This is the day when it was officially beyond repair.

More than half of Americans.  Women make up approximately 51.1% of the population.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Ken Paxton is another level of hateful:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) closed his office and created an annual holiday Friday to celebrate Dobbs v. Jackson, the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

“Today I’m closing my office—and making it an annual holiday—as a memorial to the 70 million lives lost bc of abortion,” Paxton tweeted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3536347-texas-ag-closes-office-creates-annual-holiday-to-celebrate-overturning-roe/

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Oh thanks for letting me know, both of your points of discussion NEVER came up. I’ll go play with legos now.

Build something cool.  The boy is 19 and home for the summer, and the other day, when he needed a moment of zen.....he pulled out his legos and built a cool airplane.

Seems to be a more productive activity than trying to do a single damn thing to improve this country, which will be fought, torn down, undone, and made worse at any turn.

55 minutes ago, dcbc said:
1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, thoughts like this are what give me pause when I try to decide that I want to leave this state — or this country altogether.

As I've told more than a handful of people today. Stay and fight. Your vote is needed here.

I'm staying to fight.  My kids are GTFO.  Seems the right split.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Build something cool.  The boy is 19 and home for the summer, and the other day, when he needed a moment of zen.....he pulled out his legos and built a cool airplane.

Seems to be a more productive activity than trying to do a single damn thing to improve this country, which will be fought, torn down, undone, and made worse at any turn.

I'm staying to fight.  My kids are GTFO.  Seems the right split.

I sent my almost 17-year-old daughter the "abortion map" and told her she should pick a university/college in one of the blue-shaded states

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Ken Paxton is another level of hateful:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) closed his office and created an annual holiday Friday to celebrate Dobbs v. Jackson, the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

“Today I’m closing my office—and making it an annual holiday—as a memorial to the 70 million lives lost bc of abortion,” Paxton tweeted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3536347-texas-ag-closes-office-creates-annual-holiday-to-celebrate-overturning-roe/

But fuck those 19 kids in Uvalde, amirite, you piece of human garbage?

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He's been bitching a lot lately about the incompetent of the Democratic Party.  If he runs for president on that, he might get a lot of traction in the primary.

Then again, he's Eskimo bros with Don Jr and he's related to Pelosi so there's that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ah, cool, so you can still buy an AR to mow down the people at the clinic, but they'll pay for your abortion while you're there. Dick's can still get fucked, even if this is one good policy of theirs

Dicks stopped selling ARs a few years ago, iirc. After one of the mass shootings.  

Damn fast moving thread. Several others covered it. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Haha 2

He's been bitching a lot lately about the incompetent of the Democratic Party.  If he runs for president on that, he might get a lot of traction in the primary.
Then again, he's Eskimo bros with Don Jr and he's related to Pelosi so there's that.

Gavin Newsom is the poster child for out of touch liberal elite douchebag.

But at this point I’m so desperate for a Democrat with a fighter’s mentality I’d be open to it. It’s a big part of what drew me to Elizabeth Warren.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

But at this point I’m so desperate for a Democrat with a fighter’s mentality I’d be open to it. It’s a big part of what drew me to Elizabeth Warren.

Would actually strongly disagree objectively, but yes agree that’s literally true as it’s his perception. He won’t go anywhere. 

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

At the beginning of the pandemic, Newsom was being praised for his quick and decisive action, and we were in fact flattening the curve.  He was looking like the presumptive guy, for a few seconds.  And then, well, he wasn't.

41 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Dallas County DA, Creuzot just announced he won’t prosecute women seeking abortions. He’s a practicing Catholic too.

Not sure that is much of a big deal when most laws enacted are not targeting women getting the abortion themselves but instead the medical providers providing the abortion.

In essence, it would be like saying we aren't going to prosecute the people buying from the dispensary in a state they have decriminalized small carry amounts but does not mention that they will still prosecute and shutdown the dispensary itself. Stop the supply and the rest of the argument is moot.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Macklemore said:

How else do you think “common good” constitutional government will come to fruition. The new right has contempt for what y’all want - majoritarian rule. 

But it's not "tempered majoritarian rule" either.  It's sliding toward authoritarianism, and that right soon.

We get it.  You dream of the day Uncle Josef can tell us what's good for us.

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

LISTEN TO THEM WHEN THEY TELL YOU THEIR PLANS

Hawley is projecting some mighty wishful thinking.

If we move for political reasons, it's not because we can't get an abortion, and I have a feeling it'll be that way for most independents and liberals.  

5 hours ago, F250 said:

Ledge dwellers need to fucking jump already, Jesus.

Thank GIF

It's not good, but for fuck's sake, they've given the Democrats a shot in the arm and an actual identity that isn't "Hey at least we aren't Trump" which could be very helpful in the midterm.

We already knew the majority of Americans were fine with abortion.  Republicans doing victory laps and talking about banning contraception, etc. is not going to have the intended effect that they think it will.

• Hook 'Em 3