Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

5 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Time will tell but don’t be surprised if in the long run it serves as a “dog finally caught the car and he didn’t know what to do with it” moment. Not at all predicting that, but at the same time, if it turns out that way, I will say “well wouldn’t you know who won the fucking pony?”

If states like Texas start going after women traveling to other states, you will see some serious shit at the polls.

I mean I think there will already be some serious shit at the polls because of this, but if the Greg Abbotts and Ken Paxtons start trying to pry into medical records, tracking women traveling to other states (those national databases of license plate trackers are going to see an uptick in customers), etc., and going full-on police state, you're going to see a shitload of women voting and not in the way Republicans want them to. We are already seeing a shitload of major corporations announcing they'll support their employees and they are doing so knowing the Republicans will try to come after them.  

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ahem

/taps mic 

If only Bernie had ever learned how to appeal to minorities. I like Bernie but every pissed off Bernie bro who didn’t vote for Hillary because their feelings were hurt is part of the problem. And fuck Bernie for not immediately throwing all of his weight into supporting Hillary the moment she won the nomination. But no, he wanted to run again in 2020 and doing so against an incumbent Hillary would’ve been a big obstacle. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We already knew the majority of Americans were fine with abortion.  Republicans doing victory laps and talking about banning contraception, etc. is not going to have the intended effect that they think it will.

Bullshit.    Griswold, Lawrence and Obergfell are going down with nary a whimper.    We are surrounded by morons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If only Bernie had ever learned how to appeal to minorities. I like Bernie but every pissed off Bernie bro who didn’t vote for Hillary because their feelings were hurt is part of the problem. And fuck Bernie for not immediately throwing all of his weight into supporting Hillary the moment she won the nomination. But no, he wanted to run again in 2020 and doing so against an incumbent Hillary would’ve been a big obstacle. 

dude never figured out how to connect with little old black ladies who go to church.

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Perhaps not all of them have the means, but tribes like the Chickasaw in Oklahoma and Seminoles in Florida certainly would.

Yeah, you may get a different outlook on this issue depending on the particular state, the particular tribe, etc.  But, generally speaking, I don't think Indian tribes will provide the solution to this issue for those desiring abortions who live in states that have/will outlawed abortion in light of today's decision.  

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Like any of that will make a shit when 1) the Texas legislature bans and criminalizes all of that, criminalizes women traveling out of state for reproductive matters, and criminalizes all persons or entities facilitating it, and 2) this SCOTUS allows every bit of that law to stand.

You still don't get the game being played here.  You are still drafting good-faith policies for a legal landscape that exists only in your hopeful imagination.

You need to just jump off that fucking ledge if you think Texas DPS troopers are going to start rounding up women wholesale who travel out of Texas to librool states where they have access to abortions.

Abbott is a fucking embarrassment to UT and does a lot of really fucking stupid shit, but if he and the legislature order DPS, etc. to start jailing 50,000+ Texas women a year, Abbott will be finished come the next election.

And don't give me this shit about how the Texas legislature will just ban Texas women from voting.  You're smarter than that.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You need to just jump off that fucking ledge if you think Texas DPS troopers are going to start rounding up women wholesale who travel out of Texas to librool states where they have access to abortions.

Abbott is a fucking embarrassment to UT and does a lot of really fucking stupid shit, but if he and the legislature order DPS, etc. to start jailing 50,000+ Texas women a year, Abbott will be finished come the next election.

And don't give me this shit about how the Texas legislature will just ban Texas women from voting.  You're smarter than that.

I don't think the implication is that Abbott is the end all be all of these types of options.  The entire GQP in Texas would be ALL FOR THIS.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm glad I was young when I was young.

I’m grateful to be 42, married with two kids and my wife having had both a uterine ablation + tubal when our second was born…and I still caught myself ensuring the odds of an accidental pregnancy was close to 0…

…and I’m still incredibly sad and pissed off.  It just keeps getting worse for everyone but middle class white people (of which I am one).  

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

SIAP

Well, duh, you stupid bitch. The rest of us all knew they were lying. Frankly, I’ll bet you did too and are lying right now yourself. Like when you said you thought Trump learned his lesson after he was impeached the first time. Fucking fraud.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Bullshit.    Griswold, Lawrence and Obergfell are going down with nary a whimper.    We are surrounded by morons.

Republicans ain't banning contraception.  Recreational sex is a little too popular in America, even with the fucking dipshit young Republican incels that bitch about women not wanting them or whatever.

Oh, a part me would like to see them try and ban it and see how that plays out at the polls when young people (high school through their 20s and 30s), parents of teens/college kids, guys who don't want kids (or anymore kids), women who don't want kids (or anymore kids) wake the fuck up and vote.

8 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’m grateful to be 42, married with two kids and my wife having had both a uterine ablation + tubal when our second was born…and I still caught myself ensuring the odds of an accidental pregnancy was close to 0…

…and I’m still incredibly sad and pissed off.  It just keeps getting worse for everyone but middle class white people (of which I am one).  

I saw some memorial for those kids that died in Uvalde.  (Sadly, now the the first one I've seen and not the last.)  I said to my wife "Sorry kids.  We should have left you a better country.  It's our fault."

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

2 - every accusation is a confession.  The GQP says that about any restriction or regulation of a right (it means that the opposition will dissolve the right entirely) because - SPOILER - that is what the GQP would do, and is doing right now regarding other rights.  Clarence Thomas meant what he said, and he is the id of the GQP.

Scalia’s ebony hand puppet - free to do his own thinking - is a frightening thing to behold.*   He even asks questions in oral argument now. 

* not that his nutter bitch wife is not semi-controlling him with now with whatever freaky sex reenactments they practice - as portrayed in that cinematic masterpiece “Long Dong Silver”.

7 minutes ago, tigol said:

No.

Then why are you threatening to punish the poor guy?!?

I realize you might be joking, but withholding sex or a general lack of intimacy can brew a really potent poison in a relationship, particularly if it's out of a sense of misplaced aggression.

I'll step down from my high horse now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bolverk said:

Then why are you threatening to punish the poor guy?!?

I realize you might be joking, but withholding sex or a general lack of intimacy can brew a really potent poison in a relationship, particularly if it's out of a sense of misplaced aggression.

I'll step down from my high horse now.

I repped you only because i think your sentiment is a bit misguided but your heart, i think, is in the right place. I'm pretty sure she isn't serious. But if she were, it's her prerogative - especially if her man isn't aligned with her views. But even if that's not the case, still her body. That's the whole fucking point

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I repped you only because i think your sentiment is a bit misguided but your heart, i think, is in the right place. I'm pretty sure she isn't serious. But if she were, it's her prerogative - especially if her man isn't aligned with her views. But even if that's not the case, still her body. That's the whole fucking point

Not completely serious, guys.  Calm down.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This is all true, but Hillary and her handlers deserve even more blame for not even going to the midwest.

After everything the Democrats did for unions and blue-collar workers, they never should have had to worry about the midwest again.  And they didn't, for decades.  Until they forgot that there are actual human beings in those places who need to be told, face-to-face, that you remember them, you get them, and you care about them.  

The only thing Trump ever said that was right was that Hillary blew what should have been an easy win.  An absolute break-away lay-up.  And it'll go down as one of the biggest political blunders in history.

Although, in fairness, at this point I'm pretty sure the GOP would've successfully created some other monster by 2020.  Fox News has made this a country that craves a monster and won't settle for anything less.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gourmand said:

"Dems didn't stop it, it's all their fault!!!"

Nah, screw that crap....Yes,  It's a dumb tweet, but the criticism is misplaced and ill-timed. Elected Democrats are not the problem. They are not the reason for this Gilead hellscape nuttery.

The house is a burning inferno and the arsonist is standing in the yard admiring his work, but some of yall are bitching at Daddy Democrat because he left the garden hose in the garage.

I agree wholeheartedly. The ideological purists who could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary are as responsible for the current Sarandon/Killer Mike Court composition as anybody. But for their truculent righteousness, there would not be six right wing justices on the Court.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I agree wholeheartedly. The ideological purists who could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary are as responsible for the current Sarandon/Killer Mike Court composition as anybody. But for their truculent righteousness, there would not be six right wing justices on the Court.

There is a ton of blame to go around, if you're into divvying it up, but only one party approached this with 50 years of lies and deception, followed by deceitful judicial activists taking away Constitutional rights.

Dems should replace their leadership and rhetoric that has gotten to this point, but the lies, deceit and dishonest Supreme Court Justices are all on the GQP. The fucking lunatics are running the asylum.