Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

35 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is all true, but Hillary and her handlers deserve even more blame for not even going to the midwest.

After everything the Democrats did for unions and blue-collar workers, they never should have had to worry about the midwest again.  And they didn't, for decades.  Until they forgot that there are actual human beings in those places who need to be told, face-to-face, that you remember them, you get them, and you care about them.  

The only thing Trump ever said that was right was that Hillary blew what should have been an easy win.  An absolute break-away lay-up.  And it'll go down as one of the biggest political blunders in history.

Although, in fairness, at this point I'm pretty sure the GOP would've successfully created some other monster by 2020.  Fox News has made this a country that craves a monster and won't settle for anything less.

There’s no way to know if a rally in Wisconsin would’ve won her the State. I can’t comprehend anyone deciding not to vote for a candidate because they were never able to attend a rally or knew of one happening. I think that’s a lazy excuse.

If Comey would’ve done his job and kept his mouth shut, Hillary probably would’ve won. If there was no Electoral College, she definitely would’ve won. It’s impossible to know what effect Russian interference in the election had but it played a role.  It to mention decades of character assassination from the right. Oh, but she didn’t hold a rally in Wisconsin so she brought it all on herself. I’m not buying that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And fuck Bernie for not immediately throwing all of his weight into supporting Hillary the moment she won the nomination.

Bernie did so much campaigning for Hillary that Hillary attacked him for it in 2020 because he apparently depleted their billion+ campaign budget on flights.

But continue on. Democrats have the House, Senate, and White House. And do nothing.

It's all Bernie's fault.

lol

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

This is all true, but Hillary and her handlers deserve even more blame for not even going to the midwest.

After everything the Democrats did for unions and blue-collar workers, they never should have had to worry about the midwest again.  And they didn't, for decades.  Until they forgot that there are actual human beings in those places who need to be told, face-to-face, that you remember them, you get them, and you care about them.  

The only thing Trump ever said that was right was that Hillary blew what should have been an easy win.  An absolute break-away lay-up.  And it'll go down as one of the biggest political blunders in history.

Although, in fairness, at this point I'm pretty sure the GOP would've successfully created some other monster by 2020.  Fox News has made this a country that craves a monster and won't settle for anything less.

I disagree. Voters must take it upon themselves to know what’s at stake in these elections. Hillary should have been a known quantity to anybody kinda paying attention. That anyone would sit out that election with so much on the line is inexcusable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie did so much campaigning for Hillary that Hillary attacked him for it in 2020 because he apparently depleted their billion+ campaign budget on flights.

But continue on. Democrats have the House, Senate, and White House. And do nothing.

It's all Bernie's fault.

lol

Bernie was pretty weak in his effort to get behind Hillary. I’m not blaming it all on him but don’t try to gaslight me, Bernie Bro. That shit won’t fly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

New York says hold my beer.

New York should do what their citizens want. Texas should do what their citizens want. At the end of the day, it will sort itself out. People have choices.

The fearmongering is  pathetic.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Caponata said:

His FOX News fans aren't gonna like this one.

His ultimate conclusion was correct, but he was so close so many times to becoming fully self-aware.  You could see the light bulb starting to flicker, but then his moron “conservative” brain would snuff it out. He came across like Anastasis. So badly wanting to both sides everything and then when it becomes blatantly obvious that Rs are the real problem, nope, gotta retreat back to the “I’m in the middle because it seems smarter that way because reasons” mindset. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

New York should do what their citizens want. Texas should do what their citizens want. At the end of the day, it will sort itself out. People have choices.

They wanted their gun law that had been on the books since 1913 to remain there, since state’s rights and all

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

They wanted their gun law that had been on the books since 1913 to remain there, since state’s rights and all

LOL. One is in the actual constitution, the other was not. If it was that important, your politicians would have drafted a law by now. But, you already knew that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Brothahorn said:

LOL. One is in the actual constitution, the other was not. If it was that important, your politicians would have drafted a law by now. But, you already knew that.

So, guns get state’s rights license while the Constitution forces a 13 year old to give birth to her sibling? Who the hell signed up for that?

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The 2nd does not say bear arms in public or under any conditions. 

Do we have to make fully automatic weapons subject to unlicensed open carry now? 

• Hook 'Em 1

The 2nd does not say bear arms in public or under any conditions. 
Do we have to make fully automatic weapons subject to unlicensed open carry now? 

Yes. We do. If we’re going to apply their logical reasoning instead of just play their game of Calvinball.
But of course, it’s Calvinball.

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

And before anyone says that more births from people of color will backfire on their replacement theory fever dreams.... take a look at what the mortality rate is for black women in this country. 

Total disgrace. And by design.

poors, by and large, don't vote.  and restricting abortion is a great way to keep generations poor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

The 'they' would be you and your flock. The blood you have on your hands can never be washed off, no matter what. How many lil Panchos have been sacrificed because you bent the knee?

I don’t have any blood on my hands.  You and your people do, however.

0 “lil Panchos” have been sacrificed. 

Tell me again how everyone in this county is equal?  What’s next?  Interracial marriage?  Gay marriage? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

The constitution is a trash document written so long ago it's largely irrelevant to modern society. It's now being used as a document of control instead of a document of freedom. 

Same as you know... The bible. 

This.  It baffles me how many people cannot comprehend how out of date the constitution is.  The “founders” never thought there would be pocket computers that would double as a phone.  They didn’t even think there would be a fucking phone.  They never intended Blacks to ever be free and women would ever vote.  

Tell me anything—anything—that can be written as law, rule, or policy today in the year 2022 that would be CURRENT and UP TO DATE in the year 2257?

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

The constitution is a trash document written so long ago it's largely irrelevant to modern society. It's now being used as a document of control instead of a document of freedom. 

Same as you know... The bible. 

Such as lazy ass argument. If the constitution flows your way then every thing is fine. If not then it's useless. Until you need it again.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well, the men do.

Is abortion outlawed? Or is the decision being sent back to the states where it belonged to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t have any blood on my hands.  You and your people do, however.

0 “lil Panchos” have been sacrificed. 

Tell me again how everyone in this county is equal?  What’s next?  Interracial marriage?  Gay marriage? 

If you support wholesale abortion, then you are part of the problem. Black Lives Matter, remember?!

Soft serve, weak kneed fear mongering. Yeah because a bad decision was overturned, everything else is 'doomed'. 

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Can you point to the word "gun" in the constitution? 

"Arms"

a means (such as a weapon) of offense or defense

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Woodrow Call said:

The country is completely in the shitter. No fixing it. I wonder if the people of the late Roman Empire realized they were witnessing the collapse.

Probably, Social Media was pretty crazy back then.

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Do you really think the bottom half of people in Texas have any real choice to move away?

Most of us do, but most of us aren't going to be dramatically affected by the inability to obtain an abortion in this state.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Is abortion outlawed? Or is the decision being sent back to the states where it belonged to begin with.

are you under the impression that 51% of the citizens in "abortion-legal" states support the right to choose and 51% in the "abortion-illegal" states are against the right to choose?

• Hook 'Em 1

Such as lazy ass argument. If the constitution flows your way then every thing is fine. If not then it's useless. Until you need it again.

If you support wholesale abortion, then you are part of the problem. Black Lives Matter, remember?!

Soft serve, weak kneed fear mongering. Yeah because a bad decision was overturned, everything else is 'doomed'. 

"Arms"

Since women are not mentioned, it seems odd that the Constitution would be used to regulate their uteri. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

"Arms"

I don't think so, I've argued many times on this board that the current system is failing top to bottom. 

Executive branch is way too overreaching and trying to legislate with executive orders illegitimately 

Legislative branch is so fundamentally broken we can't even vote on legislation, much less have open debate on possible legislation. There hasn't been a constitutional amendment in so long it's actually absurd. 

The judicial branch is a complete farce - completely political and stacked by whomever is in office to get their way instead of an impartial branch to keep the sanity or be a tiebreaker. 

Society is breaking in front of us and our elected and appointed officials are doing their best to accelerate the implosion. It's not lazy. It's time for us to modernize our democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Satchel said:

So, guns get state’s rights license while the Constitution forces a 13 year old to give birth to her sibling? Who the hell signed up for that?

You did when you voted for clowns like this. Who were perfectly fine with letting judges make law instead of doing their job.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-abortion-interview_n_5d027e94e4b0985c4199c33a

Don't cry now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

You did when you voted for clowns like this. Who were perfectly fine with letting judges make law instead of doing their job.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-abortion-interview_n_5d027e94e4b0985c4199c33a

Don't cry now.

I completely agree with you, which is why I'm so pissed off. How the fuck was it this guy or someone pushing an authoritarian agenda for his own personal gain so hard that the country gets sold out for it? 

Shit is broken and it starts with the people we are electing in a completely broken system that is controlled by "corporations as people". 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You'll love it once they invalidate the 13th. It is coming. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

At least you went there. Kudos.
I anxiously await you standing up for my right to keep and bear a nuclear weapon.

If I could get and afford a suitcase nuke, I damn sure would get one. Because if I have to depend on the cops(like the ones in Uvalde) I'm fucked anywa..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Don't cry now.

Is the thought of a 13 year old giving birth to her sibling too much for you?