Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Ok Joy,

As usual it will be the Democrats like you I need to worry about.

You're an idiot. If you don't see the danger of a court that complete ignores precedent to accomplish ideological goals, then you deserve what is coming for you. And it is coming. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You did when you voted for clowns like this. Who were perfectly fine with letting judges make law instead of doing their job.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-abortion-interview_n_5d027e94e4b0985c4199c33a

Don't cry now.

we've had a common law system for 1000 years.  you'd think people would be used to it by now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Is the thought of a 13 year old giving birth to her sibling too much for you? 

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

still can't believe a well-regulated militia killed all those kids in uvalde.

As usual you always go the extremes when you got nothing else. Nice diversion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

As usual you always go the extremes when you got nothing else. Nice diversion.

as usual?  when have i ever gone to extremes?  you quoted the constitution, so did i.  is there some sort of misunderstanding that one of us has?

are you under the impression that 51% of the citizens in "abortion-legal" states support the right to choose and 51% in the "abortion-illegal" states are against the right to choose?

still waiting for an answer on this.

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

She’s using history as a reference point. 

Gun control has racist origins and the party that she and you supports are the ones pushing gun control. Learn your history.

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

You're an idiot. If you don't see the danger of a court that complete ignores precedent to accomplish ideological goals, then you deserve what is coming for you. And it is coming. 

You're an bigger idiot if you think throwing some bullcrap about the 13th into the when discussing RvW. You do understand what an amendment is right? I am no constitutional scholar, but even I know the difference in overturning an amendment to the constitution vs overturning RvW. 

C'mon Son. Be less progressive.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 6

Gun control has racist origins and the party that she and you supports are the ones pushing gun control. Learn your history.

You're an bigger idiot if you think throwing some bullcrap about the 13th into the when discussing RvW. You do understand what an amendment is right? I am no constitutional scholar, but even I know the difference in overturning an amendment to the constitution vs overturning RvW. 

C'mon Son. Be less progressive.

Again, if they feel free to ignore 50 years of precedent, they'll feel free to ignore anything else. The words don't matter. The law doesn't matter. Just the result they want. You'll see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If you support wholesale abortion, then you are part of the problem. Black Lives Matter, remember?!

Soft serve, weak kneed fear mongering. Yeah because a bad decision was overturned, everything else is 'doomed'. 

I’ve personally never said what my platform on abortion was on this site.  I have, however, said I do not agree with the government telling a woman what she can and cannot do with her body while not having a similar law for men.  That means we are an unequal country—or if you want to, half of the states in this country are unequal as men have more rights that women. 

Ya boy Clarence just told us everything else is doomed.  You’re smarter than this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as usual?  when have i ever gone to extremes?  you quoted the constitution, so did i.  is there some sort of misunderstanding that one of us has?

still waiting for an answer on this.

You went extreme with regards to the militia in Uvalde, trying to be cute. Hell the militia could not have done any worse than the cowardly cops. Might have even done better. 

No I don't think it's 51% either way. I actually think once decent people have to make decisions, you and the rest will be surprised on limited it will be. Of course there will be the big blue state outliers, but not everyone wants to kill a child in the 3rd trimester.

When voters and politicians have to go on record as opposed to just parroting the narrative, things won't be so easy.

33 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Again, if they feel free to ignore 50 years of precedent, they'll feel free to ignore anything else. The words don't matter. The law doesn't matter. Just the result they want. You'll see. 

Those are your feelings, backed up by no facts. Your projections don't scare me.

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Reagan was overrated and the NRA made some bad decisions, however they also did shit like this. 

Monroe’s Black Armed Guard wasn’t a subsidiary of the Communist Party, nor an independent organization like the Black Panther Party that would use similar tactics of arming their members later. In fact, “Black Armed Guard” was nothing more than a fancy name for an officially chartered National Rifle Association chapter.

More to the point, the NRA has historically opposed laws that were virtually tailor made to deny African-Americans the right to keep and bear arms. Many gun control laws to this day stem from the KKK’s fear of armed and independent minorities. The Rosewood Massacre in 1923 – a bloodbath led by a white mob that resulted in the destruction of an entire black community in Florida – was a clear example of how an armed black people could prevent future KKK raids.

Your johnny come lately ass should know better, but clowns gonna clown.

Alright, it's been fun but I'm not fucking with you goofballs all night. Thanks for the fun. Remember, States rights/Vote with your feet.

Fuck you and goodnight.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 13

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

You went extreme with regards to the militia in Uvalde, trying to be cute. Hell the militia could not have done any worse than the cowardly cops. Might have even done better. 

No I don't it's 51% either way. I actually think once decent people have to make decisions, you and the rest will be surprised on limited it will be. Of course there will be the big blue state outliers, but not everyone wants to kill a child in the 3rd trimester.

When voters and politicians have to go on record as opposed to just parroting the narrative, things won't be so easy.

Those are your feelings, backed up by no facts. Your projections don't scare me.

Reagan was overrated and the NRA made some bad decisions, however they also did shit like this. 

Alright, it's been fun but I'm not fucking with you goofballs all night. Thanks for the fun. Remember, States rights/Vote with your feet.

Fuck you and goodnight.

Glad to know you completely are on board with more women dying.  A reminder…

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The worst night of our lives was when my wife had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and I keep thinking how much worse that would have been  under these laws. 

Been there as my wife had a few miscarriages to the point we weren't sure if we would be able to have kids but finally got over the hump to have our one child.  So under these new laws she would be a criminal for this?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The worst night of our lives was when my wife had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and I keep thinking how much worse that would have been  under these laws. 

Which is the point. Your pain. Hers. It’s what makes them warm inside. Causing another person pain is the purest and most direct expression of power and control. It is them standing over you, curled up in agony, as they say “that’s right, never forget who’s in charge.”
It’s the only true belief they have.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Which is the point. Your pain. Hers. It’s what makes them warm inside. Causing another person pain is the purest and most direct expression of power and control. It is them standing over you, curled up in agony, as they say “that’s right, never forget who’s in charge.”
It’s the only true belief they have.

It’s a crazy reality that we’ve been discussing tonight. When would they have questioned us? At the ER when they told us there was no heartbeat or at the D&C appointment when we could barely keep ourselves together? It’s infuriating and I feel awful for anyone that has to go through this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s a crazy reality that we’ve been discussing tonight. When would they have questioned us? At the ER when they told us there was no heartbeat or at the D&C appointment when we could barely keep ourselves together? It’s infuriating and I feel awful for anyone that has to go through this shit. 

Walked that same road, man. I’m sorry.
And yes, they’d do whatever they wanted to her and you, wherever and whenever they wanted. Because they own and control you, you got that?

And it’s only going to get worse.

I hate them. I hate them so much. Cruelty is the one sin I cannot and will not forgive.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

No I don't think it's 51% either way. I actually think once decent people have to make decisions, you and the rest will be surprised on limited it will be. Of course there will be the big blue state outliers, but not everyone wants to kill a child in the 3rd trimester.

Fuck you and goodnight.

It is a fact that this Supreme Court has ignored decades of precedent in its recent ruling. It is a fact that it has done this with the express purpose of regressing society and removing rights. And it is a fact that you're going to end up on the wrong side of taken away right faster than you think. I'll try not to laugh at you when you come crying. But you can't control whose face the leopard eats. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Walked that same road, man. I’m sorry.
And yes, they’d do whatever they wanted to her and you, wherever and whenever they wanted. Because they own and control you, you got that?

And it’s only going to get worse.

I hate them. I hate them so much. Cruelty is the one sin I cannot and will not forgive.

Violence. We need it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

But you are fine when they ignored about 200 years of precedent the first time around?

• Fuck You 12

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Been there done that. But at 10 weeks this is a nonissue. If there is no heartbeat there is no pregnancy. The woman will be counseled that she can wait to see if she gets her period or she can have a D&C. The dilemmas are going to be when there are complications where the fetus is alive but very likely to miscarry and the mother is at risk if the pregnancy isn’t terminated. That’s what happened to the woman whose water broke before the baby was viable and the docs she saw wouldn’t intervene 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't think so, I've argued many times on this board that the current system is failing top to bottom. 

Executive branch is way too overreaching and trying to legislate with executive orders illegitimately 

Legislative branch is so fundamentally broken we can't even vote on legislation, much less have open debate on possible legislation. There hasn't been a constitutional amendment in so long it's actually absurd. 

The judicial branch is a complete farce - completely political and stacked by whomever is in office to get their way instead of an impartial branch to keep the sanity or be a tiebreaker. 

Society is breaking in front of us and our elected and appointed officials are doing their best to accelerate the implosion. It's not lazy. It's time for us to modernize our democracy. 

Just a few short years ago, I would have said this was being a bit overdramatic.  Fuck though, this is really where we are.  I have a little more faith in the constitution than some on this thread - but only as a *living* document that can be updated to keep up with society.  Your points above (which are correct) have turned even that document into a political tool though, to be defended or torn apart, depending on whether it seems to support one's political views.

44 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

But at 10 weeks this is a nonissue. If there is no heartbeat there is no pregnancy.

Not anymore.  The states are free to regulate to before 10 weeks.  We're not talking about "fetal heartbeat" laws anymore.  We're talking complete ban.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not anymore.  The states are free to regulate to before 10 weeks.  We're not talking about "fetal heartbeat" laws anymore.  We're talking complete ban.

Yeah that’s what the upcoming Texas law is. Moment of fertilization, no exceptions for rape or incest, will attempt extradition and subsequent prosecution if anyone leaves the state to do it. That’s precisely why Minnesota and others are literally flipping us off in advance. It’s also why employers like Dick’s are flipping us off in advance.

None of that has shit to do with a heartbeat. 

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There’s no way to know if a rally in Wisconsin would’ve won her the State. I can’t comprehend anyone deciding not to vote for a candidate because they were never able to attend a rally or knew of one happening. I think that’s a lazy excuse.

If Comey would’ve done his job and kept his mouth shut, Hillary probably would’ve won. If there was no Electoral College, she definitely would’ve won. It’s impossible to know what effect Russian interference in the election had but it played a role.  It to mention decades of character assassination from the right. Oh, but she didn’t hold a rally in Wisconsin so she brought it all on herself. I’m not buying that.

All of those things are true, too.  But only the one I mentioned was within her campaign's control.

And yes, facetime in an area absolutely affects votes.  They don't do those insane trips of two and three cities a day for nothing.  Those who do them and win, that is.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and I loathe the Bernie bros with their hurt feelings and all of that other business, too.  But Hillary still could have and should have won.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

But you are fine when they ignored about 200 years of precedent the first time around?

Others have already said it, but absense is not precedent. The Supreme Court had never addressed whether a right to control your own in body existed before. But, after Roe, it reaffirmed that such rights existed multiple times. What's amazing is that this Court, in complete abandonment of the principles that has guided it since its creation, removed a right that had been previously established. I don't believe that has ever happened before. That should be terrifying to everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Others have already said it, but absense is not precedent. The Supreme Court had never addressed whether a right to control your own in body existed before. But, after Roe, it reaffirmed that such rights existed multiple times. What's amazing is that this Court, in complete abandonment of the principles that has guided it since its creation, removed a right that had been previously established. I don't believe that has ever happened before. That should be terrifying to everyone. 

This is the "slippery slope" scenario the right has had paranoia about for decades regarding government control, and yet...... It's cool cause it's their slippery slope. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What's amazing is that this Court, in complete abandonment of the principles that has guided it since its creation, removed a right that had been previously established. I don't believe that has ever happened before. That should be terrifying to everyone. 

Absolutely this.

They obviously don't give a shit about babies or fetuses, for all the reasons that have been pointed out.

So what is this really about?  Control, probably?  And all the other dominoes that are easier to knock over after this very stubborn one finally fell?

So what dominoes are next?  Gay marriage, for sure.  Probably access to birth control.  Then, what?  Finishing their wall?  Deporting illegal brown people?  Deporting legal brown people?

I feel like there's no limit to how far they can take this.  Fox can spin and sell absolutely anything to half the country and they can gerrymander and cheat to make sure they never lose again.  And that means they can do absolutely whatever the fuck they want.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

This is the "slippery slope" scenario the right has had paranoia about for decades regarding government control, and yet...... It's cool cause it's their slippery slope. 

Yes. Other rights soon to be erased: right to marry who you want and the right to choose what happens in your bed. This rights were built in the same foundation that was just shattered. And if this Court can break that, it can break anything. Dark times are coming. 

@Brothahorn and @Johnny Sack don't realize it, but they are celebrating the end. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Yes. Other rights soon to be erased: right to marry who you want and the right to choose what happens in your bed. This rights were built in the same foundation that was just shattered. And if this Court can break that, it can break anything. Dark times are coming. 
[mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] and [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] don't realize it, but they are celebrating the end. 

They are celebrating being white Christian nationalists that own land. They can’t wait to go back to the days when they were in charge and America was “Great.” None of the up coming decisions or legislation affects them and they damn sure don’t care about their fellow human.

[mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] and [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] don't realize it, but they are celebrating the end. 

This. You don’t get to partially void/erase the right to privacy and to control your own body. Clarence Thomas is an asshole psychopath, but his dissent is actually right. They’ve ALREADY overruled Griswold, Lawrence, etc. When you remove the right to privacy/bodily autonomy as a fundamental right, it’s done.
Never in our history has a right so fundamental, so intertwined with our daily lives and our fundamental humanity been erased.
Some people don’t realize what a seismic shift and leap backwards Dobbs represents. Just the control of the female reproductive system is draconian enough….but it’s so much more than that.
The takeaway from Dobbs is this: this is really, really bad. It will get much, much worse.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1