Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

That Liberty line in the constitution gets over looked mighty often. Women are now second class citizens again in 26 states. The Federal Government is supposed to protect against that. Fuck your states rights bullshit that was set up for slavery.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Bonnie's "pet issue" is having the same basic rights as everyone else. What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

I’m all for his/her right on that. So pray tell, why the degradation of my perceived pet issues? Necessary or nah? 

4 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Women becoming second class citizens described as a pet issue is just another example of a white, female hating male.

Female hating? Fucking lol. Ok 

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

You said you’re going to fight like hell.

I quite literally said that the majority of the country would "fight like hell".

Now, put on your thinking cap and figure out what I might have been referring to.  

I don't know how he made his money -- something something oil -- but damn if some of you are not very far up on the bell curve.

Actually, not quite. Not a lawyer, but it seems like Roe was when an unelected group dictated new rights.

No, they asserted that existing rights precluded the prohibition of abortion.  You really suck at this.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

How is that? All I want is the same as most that post here. The absolute best education I can provide my kids, a house doubling or tripling in value in a great neighborhood (7 figure austinites holla), and to participate in the look at my 15k watch/purse or 100k car/boat threads with regularity.  

There needs to be some self reflection on who’s actually living the “fuck you, got mine” lifestyle. 

Putting yourself before the wellbeing of others or your country is evil. First and foremost, I care about the rights of my fellow countrymen and women. If those rights are infringed upon, it is my moral and ethical obligation to speak up and use my vote and my money to enact change. Second, I pay a lot of money in taxes and never complain about it. There are others much less fortunate than I have been in my life and it's my civic and ethical duty to pay in to strengthen social safety nets for those folks. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why is your issue more important than Bonnie’s?

It’s not. At least one of us have the class to not to make light of the others’ concerns with shitty remarks. And we both have the right to choose which one is more important to us, and vote for that. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How is that? All I want is the same as most that post here. The absolute best education I can provide my kids, a house doubling or tripling in value in a great neighborhood (7 figure austinites holla), and to participate in the look at my 15k watch/purse or 100k car/boat threads with regularity.  

There needs to be some self reflection on who’s actually living the “fuck you, got mine” lifestyle. 

What point do you think that you're making here?

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Your daughters are going to hate you when they hit about 12. I’d pay to be a fly on the wall at your dinner table

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Your daughters are going to hate you when they hit about 12. I’d pay to be a fly on the wall at your dinner table

Look not further than the fact that Ted Cruz's daughters don't even speak to him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s not. At least one of us have the class to not to make light of the others’ concerns with shitty remarks. And we both have the right to choose which one is more important to us, and vote for that. 

Right. Your right to own guns--which you've been manipulated into believing will magically disappear under Democrat rule--is more important to you than others' basic human rights. That's the point. Empathy is not you're thing, but thank you again for your honesty here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Literally the only concern you have posted is about your marginal tax rate. Fuck you

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I love evil brisket. Would you feel the same way about suing those you know can’t afford it for sport? Like poors who reside on your political team? Maybe send them from barley hanging on to under the threshold?  And [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] is the evil one…

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Newsletter. Subscribe. How much again?

$9.95 to be donated to:

The Fund to Help Those Who Are Too Busy Helping Themselves To Ask For Help

I forgot fatty’s address though, so you’ll have to ask him

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

?? The US Constitution reserved the power to the states.  The absence of precedent meant that Courts followed the Constitution.  The Roe Court made up a law without precedent, Dobbs repealed it.  The absence of a negative is not a positive or else the Court could say anything that had not been previously forbidden. 

Courts don't make up laws, that's not their job, nor did they in Roe. 

Constitution didn't allow for interracial marriage either. Or gay marriage. Or disallow them. There was no precedence for either. Are you saying those are up next?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

?? The US Constitution reserved the power to the states.  The absence of precedent meant that Courts followed the Constitution.  The Roe Court made up a law without precedent, Dobbs repealed it.  The absence of a negative is not a positive or else the Court could say anything that had not been previously forbidden. 

There is a succession of precedents based on a right of privacy and personal autonomy upon which Roe v. Wade was based.  There is more than a passing nod to that in the Fourth Amendment, incorporated against the states by the 14th Amendment and also extended protection by substantive due process under the 14th Amendment.

Indeed, one of the most worrisome things about Dobbs is that those precedents are now called into question.  And, unlike Roe, the state has nearly zero compelling interest in regulating those things.

Also, I should add that under Roe, the states retained police power over abortion.  There was just a hard limit on how far they could go in exercising that power.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Newsletter. Subscribe. How much again?

$9.95 to be donated to:

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Not a big law buff are we?

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

$9.95 to be donated to:

Shot in the dark here but I’m guessing somewhere in Fort Bend ISD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Penelope: I’m relegated to a second class citizen 

Also Penelope: Everyone look at me, please look at me!  I live in some of the most expensive real estate in the country, if you haven’t heard. And fly first class to Europe several times a year, to spend 10k on bags.  

Not serious world.  

This absolutely smacks of jealousy.  

The fact that you do not understand that I have just been told that unless I lived in that expensive real estate, if I lived back in the house I spent 6 years in in Shady Acres, I would not have autonomy over my own fucking body, well there is no fucking help for you.  

Go fuck yourself.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

His ultimate conclusion was correct, but he was so close so many times to becoming fully self-aware.  You could see the light bulb starting to flicker, but then his moron “conservative” brain would snuff it out. He came across like Anastasis. So badly wanting to both sides everything and then when it becomes blatantly obvious that Rs are the real problem, nope, gotta retreat back to the “I’m in the middle because it seems smarter that way because reasons” mindset. Fuck. 

The conservative blue check mob is already disavowing him. 

Putting yourself before the wellbeing of others or your country is evil. First and foremost, I care about the rights of my fellow countrymen and women. If those rights are infringed upon, it is my moral and ethical obligation to speak up and use my vote and my money to enact change. Second, I pay a lot of money in taxes and never complain about it. There are others much less fortunate than I have been in my life and it's my civic and ethical duty to pay in to strengthen social safety nets for those folks. 

And this is where it breaks down. I am successful. I am prosperous. A mix of luck, aptitude, etc.

If I had that at the expense of the rights of my fellow man, I couldn’t live with myself. I can and will pay more in taxes. Shit, my wife and I spend more money on other people than we even count. It doesn’t matter - why be so prosperous of you don’t use it for good?

If I had to give up everything to secure the safety of my countrymen, I would. That’s what my grandfather was called to do in 1942. What kind of man would I be if I wouldn’t do the same? Empathy for your fellow man is non-negotiable.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I told my niece that only white, land owning men will benefit from things happening, she said that I was a white land owning man. I had to remind her that while that was true, I actually give a shit about my fellow man and woman.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

I told my niece that only white, land owning men will benefit from things happening, she said that I was a white land owning man. I had to remind her that while that was true, I actually give a shit about my fellow man and woman.

Jesus. Your naïveté always led me to believe you were quite young. Please tell me this niece isn’t 8 years old. 

• Fuck You 8

So what other medical rights to privacy are also derived from the same logic that was just overturned in RvW? It all revolves around medical decisions that harm other innocent lives, right? Can't we make legal arguments that organ donation be mandatory, since selfish dead people don't need their liver/kidneys/hearts etc any more, and harvesting them would save lives?

Vaccinations definitely save lives, and not being vaccinated exposes yourself and others to deadly or harmful disease, right? So not being vaccinated could be considered endangering others to the point of death.  

Medical exceptions for religious reasons that result in death, such as those weirdos that don't accept blood transfusions ought to be thrown out, right? Your right to believe whatever you want doesn't supercede the right of you or your child to live because you think blood is icky? 

Can we also make it mandatory to harvest blood from people? These selfish O negative people need to be forced to give blood to their local blood banks to help save lives. I know it might be inconvenient for them to be forced to give 2 pints a week, but they get a cookie and a thank you each time. Why the hell can't we make them? It will save lives!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Right. Your right to own guns--which you've been manipulated into believing will magically disappear under Democrat rule--is more important to you than others' basic human rights.

I'll turn 59 in little more than a week.  I have heard the right wing bleating about the Democrats coming to take their guns for way over half my life.

It's amazing how well a completely nonsensical threat just seems to resist fact.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

You're a piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

So people bring unequal in America is important to you. You should admit that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So what other medical rights to privacy are also derived from the same logic that was just overturned in RvW? It all revolves around medical decisions that harm other innocent lives, right? Can't we make legal arguments that organ donation be mandatory, since selfish dead people don't need their liver/kidneys/hearts etc any more, and harvesting them would save lives?
Vaccinations definitely save lives, and not being vaccinated exposes yourself and others to deadly or harmful disease, right? So not being vaccinated could be considered endangering others to the point of death.  
Medical exceptions for religious reasons that result in death, such as those weirdos that don't accept blood transfusions ought to be thrown out, right? Your right to believe whatever you want doesn't supercede the right of you or your child to live because you think blood is icky? 
Can we also make it mandatory to harvest blood from people? These selfish O negative people need to be forced to give blood to their local blood banks to help save lives. I know it might be inconvenient for them to be forced to give 2 pints a week, but they get a cookie and a thank you each time. Why the hell can't we make them? It will save lives!

You left out what’s already happed - sterilization of people. That becomes legal. Bodily autonomy is going away.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This absolutely smacks of jealousy.  

The fact that you do not understand that I have just been told that unless I lived in that expensive real estate, if I lived back in the house I spent 6 years in in Shady Acres, I would not have autonomy over my own fucking body, well there is no fucking help for you.  

Go fuck yourself.

Lol. No, no jealousy.  I just think you’re a tone deaf hypocrite who think way too fucking highly of themselves. 

• Fuck You 2

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're a piece of shit. 

Oh no. Dahobbs thinks poorly of me. However will I maintain. 

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So people bring unequal in America is important to you. You should admit that.

It’s important that they aren’t treated unequally.   We are all created equal, here. It’s one of the greatest things about America. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh no. Dahobbs thinks poorly of me. However will I maintain. 

It’s important that they aren’t treated unequally.   We are all created equal, here. It’s one of the greatest things about America. 

Don't worry. A lot of people think poorly of you. Your family will too soon enough.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1