Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

There it is. I mean we have fully crossed the threshold of the racism not being hidden at all. 

Yeah.  I mean, I realize it was a slip of the tongue, but god damn.  She accidentally said what they all fucking mean.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I hate this world 

The craziest thing about that (happened around 2008) is that someone who was at New York Presbyterian in Manhattan, one of the best hospitals in the world, had to fly to Kansas to find someone qualified to perform her late term abortion safely. That’s how rare abortions after 24 weeks are. Hardly anyone knows how to do them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Jesus. Your naïveté always led me to believe you were quite young. Please tell me this niece isn’t 8 years old. 

Nah you ain’t about that life. You ain’t about that life that tends to suggest that you’re in a position to speculate on such subjects that are well past your pay grade.

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Slip of the tongue?   What do you suppose she meant to say?

I suspect she meant to just say, "babies" and not, "white babies."  I thought it was a Freudian slip and she accidentally said exactly what she really meant.

But, hell, maybe not.

God, this country is speeding to a dark time and place.

Did the Supreme Court have an option to carve out rape, incest and medical reasons for abortion in their ruling?  Isn't that something that could have been protected at the Federal level?  Because if those were in place, and they were truly going after only elective abortions, I think the decision would have been a lot more palatable.  Do we need Congress to pass a law to protect those circumstances, and then allow the states to choose at what point the elective abortions are permitted?  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I’ve posed this question a few times and never got an answer… @Brothahorn @Gil Bang @Johnny Sack not a personal call out I just cant think of any other vocal pro-lifers on here.

If abortion is murder, why shouldn’t every woman that has a miscarriage be investigated for manslaughter? Roughly half of miscarriages aren’t just bad luck, they’re contributed to by risky behaviors or mistakes by the mother. Last I checked if you accidentally/negligently kill a human being in this country you could be on the hook for manslaughter or negligent homicide. A life is a life, and if it’s taken intentionally or negligently someone should pay. I think focusing only on the “intentional” side devalues those on the other side of that coin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Did the Supreme Court have an option to carve out rape, incest and medical reasons for abortion in their ruling?  Isn't that something that could have been protected at the Federal level?  Because if those were in place, and they were truly going after only elective abortions, I think the decision would have been a lot more palatable.  Do we need Congress to pass a law to protect those circumstances, and then allow the states to choose at what point the elective abortions are permitted?  

Not really, no.

There were two aspects of Roe.  The first is a fundamental right to the personal autonomy of deciding whether to have an abortion.

The second is when the state's compelling interest in the preservation of life kicks in.  And that's simple enough, at viablity.

Except viability kept getting trickier as medical science developed new ways to support life outside the womb earlier and earlier and to detect "signs of life."  That's what had been eroding over the years, while preserving the fundamental right to an abortion.

Once the fundamental right is abolished, it's pretty much completely up to the states to regulate it how they wish.

And, I'm not really sure a federal law regarding abortion is going to be constitutional.  There got to be some kind of federal "hook" like interstate commerce, or providing a statutory scheme to protect a fundamental right, which no longer exists.  It will depend on the law, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’ve posed this question a few times and never got an answer… @Brothahorn @Gil Bang @Johnny Sack not a personal call out I just cant think of any other vocal pro-lifers on here.

If abortion is murder, why shouldn’t every woman that has a miscarriage be investigated for manslaughter? Roughly half of miscarriages aren’t just bad luck, they’re contributed to by risky behaviors or mistakes by the mother. Last I checked if you accidentally/negligently kill a human being in this country you could be on the hook for manslaughter or negligent homicide. A life is a life, and if it’s taken intentionally or negligently someone should pay. I think focusing only on the “intentional” side devalues those on the other side of that coin.

Just stop.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Bama Chick said:

No. Fuck off with that.

Not every abortion is about trauma and tragedy and using that framing plays into the christofascist’s hands.

Women are humans. Humans have bodily autonomy. Ergo, women have bodily autonomy.

A women in her second year of college shouldn’t be forced to upend her life to give birth any more than a 14 year old rape victim should.

Just because one is more sympathetic than the other is nonsensical noise designed to obfuscate the issue.

My 20 year old daughter should be able to have sex and go to college and go to law school and build her life and have children when and if she so chooses. She shouldn’t have to be raped or have a life threatening pregnancy in order to decide what to do with her own body.

This.  This isn’t a hard concept.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I haven’t read this thread because I don’t want to overdose on rage.
But lemme tell you—we need to give the women of America a lot of credit for not going out and burning it the fuck down.

We’re holding committee meetings right now.

We plan shit and we supply refreshments. Give us a week or so.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

No. Fuck off with that.

Not every abortion is about trauma and tragedy and using that framing plays into the christofascist’s hands.

Women are humans. Humans have bodily autonomy. Ergo, women have bodily autonomy.

A women in her second year of college shouldn’t be forced to upend her life to give birth any more than a 14 year old rape victim should.

Just because one is more sympathetic than the other is nonsensical noise designed to obfuscate the issue.

My 20 year old daughter should be able to have sex and go to college and go to law school and build her life and have children when and if she so chooses. She shouldn’t have to be raped or have a life threatening pregnancy in order to decide what to do with her own body.

I agree with this. I also believe it's not going to be marches, protests, or even any results at the ballot boxes that will change the dominating (not dominant) culture on this. I think it will be all the individual tales of cruelty coming out as a result of this ruling. People need extremes to get things through their thick heads. And women having bodily autonomy will never in itself be enough unless a fuck ton of women un-cult themselves. Sadly.

• Rage+1 1

I’ve posed this question a few times and never got an answer… [mention=387]Brothahorn[/mention] [mention=1111]Gil Bang[/mention] [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] not a personal call out I just cant think of any other vocal pro-lifers on here.

Gil Bang as a hardcore pro lifer would surprise me quite a bit.
  • Like 1

Because we still have things left to lose in this country, the right knows it can fuck us women over perpetually. 

For me, I have to be careful to even say anything publicly, in literal public or on social media, because I work for a bunch of Republicans.  Right to work state... it's the best... First Amendment, it don't make a shit. They can find any reason to terminate -- ironically.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Jesus Fucking Christ.
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I agree with this. I also believe it's not going to be marches, protests, or even any results at the ballot boxes that will change the dominating (not dominant) culture on this. I think it will be all the individual tales of cruelty coming out as a result of this ruling. People need extremes to get things through their thick heads. And women having bodily autonomy will never in itself be enough unless a fuck ton of women un-cult themselves. Sadly.

So we need a bunch of women with miscarriages to be martyrs for a cause that may or may not succeed?  That's an awful line of thinking.

I think there is a vast difference between elective abortion and abortions for medical reasons. I don't think letting women die for unnecessary reasons to bolster a political argument is the right way to go about it. We can still pursue elective abortion rights without letting a bunch of women die unnecessarily in the mean time, which is going to be many years at best.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

So we need a bunch of women with miscarriages to be martyrs for a cause that may or may not succeed?  That's an awful line of thinking.

I think there is a vast difference between elective abortion and abortions for medical reasons. I don't think letting women die for unnecessary reasons to bolster a political argument is the right way to go about it. We can still pursue elective abortion rights without letting a bunch of women die unnecessarily in the mean time, which is going to be many years at best.  

There isn’t a vast difference.  Unless it’s you or your partner involved, it doesn’t matter, it’s none of your business.  A woman should be able to have control over her body.  Period.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think there is a vast difference between elective abortion and abortions for medical reasons.

There really isn't.  Neither is your business, or mine, or anyone's but hers, her doctor's, and maybe her partner's.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Because we still have things left to lose in this country, the right knows it can fuck us women over perpetually. 

For me, I have to be careful to even say anything publicly, in literal public or on social media, because I work for a bunch of Republicans.  Right to work state... it's the best... First Amendment, it don't make a shit. They can find any reason to terminate -- ironically.

Conservatives discovering cancel culture decades after libs pretty much tracks. "Oh you lost your job? You poor baby. Let me show ya around the club."

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I haven’t read this thread because I don’t want to overdose on rage.

But lemme tell you—we need to give the women of America a lot of credit for not going out and burning it the fuck down.

Which begs the question. What the hell are men so angry about that they need to shoot everything and everybody that make the mad? Dominant culture men run the country. Why are they so pissed?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Conservatives discovering cancel culture decades after libs pretty much tracks. "Oh you lost your job? You poor baby. Let me show ya around the club."

The GOP has been the biggest promoter of cancel culture for decades. Every accusation from them is a confession.

Here they are canceling women's right to bodily autonomy. They'll be after a bunch more rights in the near future. They'll lie about it and accuse others while doing it.

If their lips are moving, or their fingers are typing, they are lying. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Which begs the question. What the hell are men so angry about that they need to shoot everything and everybody that make the mad? Dominant culture men run the country. Why are they so pissed?

It’s probably people misusing “begs the question.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/24/2022 at 8:32 PM, TwiceHorn said:

All this talk about a federal law enshrining a right to abortion  . . . .  I'm not so sure about that.  I don't know what the federal hook would be.  As if it would even pass.

And as if it would be overturned by the police conlitia on the Supreme Court.

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I think it will be all the individual tales of cruelty coming out as a result of this ruling.

who will tell those tales?  more importantly, who will listen?

distribution and consumption of factual information is one of the biggest existential threats to the country right now. 

republicans making it sound like half of abortions happen at 8.5 months is part of how we got here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

who will tell those tales?  more importantly, who will listen?

distribution and consumption of factual information is one of the biggest existential threats to the country right now. 

republicans making it sound like half of abortions happen at 8.5 months is part of how we got here. 

You know you're in crazy world when the dude who worked for a misogynistic and exploitave company knows better than the Trumpers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pussy is undefeated. Women should just stop fucking dudes who vote for Republicans. See how quick that shit gets fixed when the only women who will fuck you are these broads.

2640.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

That is unless silent/awkward partially-clothed missionary is your thing...

17 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Women should just stop fucking dudes who vote for Republicans. See how quick that shit gets fixed when the only women who will fuck you are these broads.

Eeeeesh. I see where you are going here, but nah man....this ain't it.

Women's rights aren't conditional to their sexual attractiveness to men. Fuck outta here with that. 

Read the room man.