Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

How old is this?  From 2020 or last week?  If it's last week he's definitely lining it up for 2024

was from the town hall in 2020 on fox news. you should watch his town halls, speeches, interviews, etc. he’s a great communicator. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He may not be perfect but he seems the best chance for a young, smart, progressive that can go toe to toe with the GQP

funny, he’s not even that progressive.  republicans called him progressive, progressives called him a republican. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

funny, he’s not even that progressive.  republicans called him progressive, progressives called him a republican. 

Yea that’s fair to say he’s not a progressive. I wouldn’t call him a pub or even particularly conservative though.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

His stance on reforming SCOTUS was one of my favorite things about him and holy hell does it look like he was right on the money.

well we’ve already seen that 80-year olds don’t care much about 50-year decisions. 

3 hours ago, pacman said:

this response is from years ago and is honestly one of the reasons i became a supporter. this and his supreme court plan WHICH WOULD HAVE COME IN REAL HANDY RECENTLY 😡

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

His stance on reforming SCOTUS was one of my favorite things about him and holy hell does it look like he was right on the money.

lol i posted before i got to this page, but yeah, what Biff said. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

was from the town hall in 2020 on fox news. you should watch his town halls, speeches, interviews, etc. he’s a great communicator. 

What sucks is that there a whole lot of voters in this country who don’t respond positively to hearing intelligent, informed people speak. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Doesn't the "they lived happily every after" part include the baby-makes-three couple getting married?  Seems like that could be a problem.  
South Carolina, did you think this through?

Medical providers providing records to 3rd parties without patient consent is the definition of a HIPAA violation unlike what most people call a HIPAA violation.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Forcing 10 year olds to have a baby.  Makes you wonder who the real groomers are.

I was present for both my kid's births.  To think of a 10 year old doing that is mind-blowingly wrong.  I don't even want to know what the mortality figure is for the mother, let alone the social and educational consequences.  "Sorry, Mrs. Smith, I couldn't do my 4th grade math homework.  I was giving birth."  

Fuck it. Let's lower the draft age to 10.  Child soldiers is what this country needs.  Who needs Pop Warner when your boys can grab an AR15 and mow down those Iranian kids on the plains of Persepolis.  

8 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The split on vote effects is pretty interesting. 

Provide information supporting the statement that the Democratic Party supports abortion up to the time of birth and I will change my negative response. I tired of trying to find support of that claim.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Provide information supporting the statement that the Democratic Party supports abortion up to the time of birth and I will change my negative response. I tired of trying to find support of that claim.

It's still insane to me how easily casually lying became 2nd nature for 40% of the population.

• Hook 'Em 3

If I were a Democratic politician I would be assailing the Foster care system managed by Republicans in a manner that suggest they do not really give a damn about unwanted kids.  I would turn nearly every questions to it.  

Because in Texas it is indefensible how atrocious the system is and how ripe with abuse it is and has been for years.  Without little or no response from Republican legislators, because they honestly do not care about kids once they are here.  I would point out that they personally have neither adopted nor fostered one of the unwanted children they profess with words to care about.  Where are the deeds?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Everyone who supports this should get gibbets.

I was reading about Brazos County/College Station earlier this week. Apparently the county has been lining up early voting locations and then voted to approve some (with one nay). The nay vote was a commissioner who was protesting the decision to NOT have an early voting location on the A&M campus. A campus with loads of students and a trek to an early voting location (other than heading to wherever they're domiciled out of school) that is one of five locations in a community with a total population of over 200,000. Never mind that many of those students are likely conservative, it is another attempt to discourage voting. According to the article I was reading, money in the budget was the reason, but that's poor on their part.

I was reading about Brazos County/College Station earlier this week. Apparently the county has been lining up early voting locations and then voted to approve some (with one nay). The nay vote was a commissioner who was protesting the decision to NOT have an early voting location on the A&M campus. A campus with loads of students and a trek to an early voting location (other than heading to wherever they're domiciled out of school) that is one of five locations in a community with a total population of over 200,000. Never mind that many of those students are likely conservative, it is another attempt to discourage voting. According to the article I was reading, money in the budget was the reason, but that's poor on their part.

Aggy could easily pay the nominal cost of having a voting location on campus but aggy is as aggy does.

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Perfect microcosm of conservative politics. The school is the entire reason anything even exists in that town, but they'll be goddamned if they want the people who work or attend there to have a say in how anything is run. 

if only we could keep aggy from having a say in how anything is run in the rest of the state. 

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

The vast majority of votes for Republicans are self inflicted wounds, @fattyflattie. And this includes single issue abortion voters who do not now have an Amendment. Their myopic voting has achieved a government capable of mandating abortions. Because, Calvinball.

I meant more that if he is an R, putting a ballot box on one of the Trumpiest spots in America would probably work in his favor. 

On 7/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

What sucks is that there a whole lot of voters in this country who don’t respond positively to hearing intelligent, informed people speak. 

Well also the fact that a huge swath of the democratic base will not support a gay candidate.

If he could win a South Carolina primary, he would be president. 

He can't win South Carolina primary.

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Well also the fact that a huge swath of the democratic base will not support a gay candidate.

If he could win a South Carolina primary, he would be president. 

He can't win South Carolina primary.

Huh? I don’t think Pete failed to win the nomination because he’s gay. I think he lost it because he was young, inexperienced, and relatively unknown. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he won the nomination someday.

Biden was the right guy to beat Trump. People have known Joe Biden for decades so Trump suddenly calling him “corrupt” (which he’ll always do for any political opponent) couldn’t stick. There’s video of Lindsey Graham saying what a good and decent man Biden is. And he also received the endorsement of Jim Clyburn. Maybe that’s why he won S. Carolina and not because Buttigieg is gay.

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Huh? I don’t think Pete failed to win the nomination because he’s gay. I think he lost it because he was young, inexperienced, and relatively unknown. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he won the nomination someday.

Biden was the right guy to beat Trump. People have known Joe Biden for decades so Trump suddenly calling him “corrupt” (which he’ll always do for any political opponent) couldn’t stick. There’s video of Lindsey Graham saying what a good and decent man Biden is. And he also received the endorsement of Jim Clyburn. Maybe that’s why he won S. Carolina and not because Buttigieg is gay.

christmas vacation GIF

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Agree.  I don't know if Pete can primary Biden in 2024, but I'd sure as hell like to see him try.  

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I have zero problems with Buttigieg's sexuality. Or anyone's for that matter. But your assessment of why Biden worked better versus Trump is likely the way it had to work for the 2020 election.

No one - not even Newsom - is primarying Biden JFC.

And Pete never caught fire because he had abysmal minority outreach. Black voters - especially Black women - didn’t like him.

I don’t like him either. He’s never going to be president.

Agree it had nothing to do with being gay but more that Pete has the rich young bright wunderkind McKinsey stink on him. Kitchen table issues with Joe Six Pack Democrats and minorities don't trust or like someone too smarty pants for them. Story as old as time.

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The only Dems that might try to primary Biden are Newsom and Pritzker.

This seems like a problem with David Dennison's post about ratings in the 20's.

We need AoC to decide it's her time.

No. more. geriatrics.

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

No one - not even Newsom - is primarying Biden JFC.

And Pete never caught fire because he had abysmal minority outreach. Black voters - especially Black women - didn’t like him.

I don’t like him either. He’s never going to be president.

Why don’t you like him? 

So Texas Freedom Caucus going after Sidley, an AMLAW 10 law firm with a significant Texas presence.  I presume Texas based law firms won't be so bold, but will be interested to see what the other AMLAW 50 firms with Texas presences do.  I presume all of this legislation gets passed.

https://www.freedomfortexas.com/blog/post/letter-to-texas-law-firm-procuring-abortions

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So Texas Freedom Caucus going after Sidley, an AMLAW 10 law firm with a significant Texas presence.  I presume Texas based law firms won't be so bold, but will be interested to see what the other AMLAW 50 firms with Texas presences do.  I presume all of this legislation gets passed.

https://www.freedomfortexas.com/blog/post/letter-to-texas-law-firm-procuring-abortions

Oh, the irony of the "Freedom" caucus going after a woman's freedom.

• Hook 'Em 1