Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Why are you stunned?  These are the same people who think we should buy Greenland, you should drink Clorox to prevent Covid, and windmills cause cancer.  And now they're making medical decisions for the rest of us.

I guess I'm more stunned they haven't walked their asses into oncoming traffic yet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The anti-abortion politicians never seem to do anything to help the mom-to-be or mom. They just want to take away her rights. For the unwed, poor pregnant woman, these politicians mainly think she's a whore and she and her child should pay for that sin with a lifetime of poverty.

But it's the land of opportunity man!  American dream!  Bootstrap stuff!

Edited by Biff Tannen

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The anti-abortion politicians never seem to do anything to help the mom-to-be or mom. They just want to take away her rights. For the unwed, poor pregnant woman, these politicians mainly think she's a whore and she and her child should pay for that sin with a lifetime of poverty.

1. The anti-abortion politicians never seem to do anything to help the mom-to-be or mom.

Like providing pre-natal care? Health insurance? Daycare? She is supposed to be working at a job that provides those things. Oh, those things aren't provided? Well then, she should marry before she gets pregnant and then stay home so her 'man' can provide. Oh, he passed away? Ran away? Works but his job doesn't provide enough? Got let go and is still looking for a job? There are tons of jobs, surely he can support them by working at minimum wage while he's still looking for something better. Anyway, that sucks too now don't it, maybe she should've married better, not enjoyed any sexual pleasure, not have gotten raped, or abused, or if unwed, find a different job that has those things that moms and moms-to-be need. Whatever those things are. How should I know, my dad bought me this pharma degree before he became a state rep before me. She should also find a pharmacy nearby where the pharmacist agrees to sell birth control and hope it works because I sure won't. My family has had a pharmacy in this Indiana town for a long time.

[note: that would be Rep J. Michael Davisson to which the above refers. J. Michael has a pharmacy degree and served in the Army for 17 years. His father, Steve, was a state rep and pharmacist as well. Their town, Salem, Indiana was a known sundown town around the turn of the twentieth century. It is still 97% white.]

2. They just want to take away her rights. For the unwed, poor pregnant woman, these politicians mainly think she's a whore and she and her child should pay for that sin with a lifetime of poverty.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

1. The anti-abortion politicians never seem to do anything to help the mom-to-be or mom.

Like providing pre-natal care? Health insurance? Daycare? She is supposed to be working at a job that provides those things. Oh, those things aren't provided? Well then, she should marry before she gets pregnant and then stay home so her 'man' can provide. Oh, he passed away? Ran away? Works but his job doesn't provide enough? Got let go and is still looking for a job? There are tons of jobs, surely he can support them by working at minimum wage while he's still looking for something better. Anyway, that sucks too now don't it, maybe she should've married better, not enjoyed any sexual pleasure, not have gotten raped, or abused, or if unwed, find a different job that has those things that moms and moms-to-be need. Whatever those things are. How should I know, my dad bought me this pharma degree before he became a state rep before me. She should also find a pharmacy nearby where the pharmacist agrees to sell birth control and hope it works because I sure won't. My family has had a pharmacy in this Indiana town for a long time.

[note: that would be Rep J. Michael Davisson to which the above refers. J. Michael has a pharmacy degree and served in the Army for 17 years. His father, Steve, was a state rep and pharmacist as well. Their town, Salem, Indiana was a known sundown town around the turn of the twentieth century. It is still 97% white.]

2. They just want to take away her rights. For the unwed, poor pregnant woman, these politicians mainly think she's a whore and she and her child should pay for that sin with a lifetime of poverty.

giphy.gif

I really wish we would catch up to other first world countries and update the safety net in this country because it’s still in the 1950’s.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The anti-abortion politicians never seem to do anything to help the mom-to-be or mom. They just want to take away her rights.

Matthew 23:4 “They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.“

59 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Can we repurpose old bank locations and people can put their fetuses/babies in the vacuum tube?  Then the tube comes back with a little dum dum lollipop for your troubles. 

Coincidentally...

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/03/1115456040/indiana-is-installing-more-baby-boxes-where-newborns-can-be-anonymously-surrende

Indiana is installing more baby boxes, where newborns can be anonymously surrendered

Indiana is installing boxes in which newborns can be anonymously surrendered, usually at a fire station. Baby boxes have seen a surge in use, and more are planned as Indiana moves to ban abortions.

2 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Can we repurpose old bank locations and people can put their fetuses/babies in the vacuum tube?  Then the tube comes back with a little dum dum lollipop for your troubles. 

How does the formality of the deposit slip work in this case?  Can you sign with an 'X'?  What do you put down as account #?

Man, there are questions and issues that got to be resolved.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So when babies start getting stolen from nurseries and put in the drop boxes en masse, what happens?  Do we get reward / ransom money?

This is going to be awesome.

Each baby will have its own GPS, shock collar to help with these issues. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Don’t be stupid. Delete Facebook

Yep

From the article

A 17-year-old girl and her mother have been charged with a series of felonies and misdemeanors after an apparent medication abortion at home in Nebraska. The state’s case relies on evidence from the teenager’s private Facebook messages, obtained directly from Facebook by court order, which show the mother and daughter allegedly bought medication online to induce abortion, and then disposed of the body of the fetus. While the court documents, obtained by Motherboard, allege that the abortion took place before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June, they show in shocking detail how abortion could and will be prosecuted in the United States, and how tech companies will be enlisted by law enforcement to help prosecute their cases.

• Rage+1 1

If you want a sort of sad laugh about how absurdly uneducated people are on the topics related to abortion, reproduction, anatomy, etc, this link is pretty entertaining. Cards Against Humanity did a 10 question poll of 2900 people from states that have banned abortion, and it shows just how shitty some of these people are. Example below.

https://abortionpoll.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

More than half of anti-choice assholes want to imprison or execute women who get abortions. 1 in 4 think abortion should still be illegal even if the mother will otherwise die. So much for the sanctity of life or whatever.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.gif.265c92c42b70d8f7f677d9da64a3d113.gif

Uh, what do they connect to, Dave?

”God”

Whose God?

”The God of the Bible”

The same God of the Bible that says a baby isn’t alive until it’s taken its first breath?

”uuuhhh”

The same God that says until that moment, it’s literally a part of the woman’s body?

”wtf???”

Edited by hpslugga

19 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

If you want a sort of sad laugh about how absurdly uneducated people are on the topics related to abortion, reproduction, anatomy, etc, this link is pretty entertaining. Cards Against Humanity did a 10 question poll of 2900 people from states that have banned abortion, and it shows just how shitty some of these people are. Example below.

More than half of anti-choice assholes want to imprison or execute women who get abortions. 1 in 4 think abortion should still be illegal even if the mother will otherwise die. So much for the sanctity of life or whatever.

how did you miss this part:

Most people in dystopian forced-birth states cannot identify the uterus, ovaries, or clitoris on an anatomy chart. No wonder they have a problem with casual sex.

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Kinda funny to laugh at the absurdity of the methodology here. But I understand that this all boils down to rhetoric and simple minded talking points. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:08 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Yep

From the article

A 17-year-old girl and her mother have been charged with a series of felonies and misdemeanors after an apparent medication abortion at home in Nebraska. The state’s case relies on evidence from the teenager’s private Facebook messages, obtained directly from Facebook by court order, which show the mother and daughter allegedly bought medication online to induce abortion, and then disposed of the body of the fetus. While the court documents, obtained by Motherboard, allege that the abortion took place before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June, they show in shocking detail how abortion could and will be prosecuted in the United States, and how tech companies will be enlisted by law enforcement to help prosecute their cases.

Dems need to blow these creepy stories up in the media until the election. Make the republicans pay for the pain and suffering they have inflicted.

• Hook 'Em 1

Woman says she was injected with sedative against her will after abortion rights protest at NBA game: "Shocking and illegal"

A protester has filed a federal civil lawsuit against the city of San Francisco claiming that a paramedic, under the direction of a police sergeant, injected her against her will with a sedative while she was handcuffed after being removed from a Golden State Warriors championship game for demonstrating in favor of abortion rights.

Kareim McKnight and a friend, Amanda Piasecki, were at Game 5 of the Warriors series against the Boston Celtics at Chase Center on June 13 when they walked onto the main floor and displayed a banner that read "Overturn Roe? Hell No!" A draft of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Roe v. Wade was leaked in May.

Video shared by McKnight's attorney, John Burris, who filed the lawsuit this week, showed security guards dragging McKnight and Piasecki by their feet out of the venue.

McKnight said that once they were outside, a San Francisco Police sergeant threatened to have her sedated.

"I was dragged out, I was choked and I was hogtied and then a sergeant from the SFPD came up to me and threatened to have me sedated," she said.

She said San Francisco Fire Department employees then strapped her to a gurney and wheeled her toward an emergency vehicle.

"While I was on the ground, handcuffed in front of the emergency vehicle, one of the firefighters came with a needle towards me and I couldn't believe what I was seeing and I flinched and I said, 'No!' what if I'm allergic, you can't just inject me,'" she said.

McKnight said the paramedic didn't ask her any medical questions and wouldn't tell her what she was injected with. She said she felt dizzy and began slurring her words.

"Giving an injection to a protester against her will is shocking and illegal," Burris said, adding that officials violated McKnight's Fourth Amendment right to control her own body.

She was taken for observation to a Kaiser Permanente hospital, which gave her a document showing she was given 5 milligrams of a drug called Versed, a sedative often prescribed to reduce anxiety. McKnight shared a photo of the document with The Associated Press that also described her as being in "a distressed emotional state after an altercation with SFPD."

McKnight said she was not in emotional distress.

San Francisco's policy on dealing with adults "with severe agitation posing a danger to self or others" allows for the use of the drug midazolam, a short-acting sedative sold under the brand name Versed, according to the county's emergency medical services protocols.

The San Francisco Fire Department wouldn't say when the county approved the sedative to be used on people being detained or how many times the sedative has been used on detainees.

CBS Bay Area reached out to both SFPD and SFFD for comment on the allegations, but we're told the agencies could not comment on pending litigation and referred to the San Francisco City Attorney's office. 

In a statement, a spokesperson for that office, Jen Kwart said, "We have yet to be served with the lawsuit. We will review it once we are served and respond appropriately."

TLDR: protesting and the cops don't like your speech? Get fucking sedated, fucker. Congrats again to the religious right for systemically attacking womens bodily autonomy.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I see Ana is still dropping by to make ambiguous posts hinting without saying that we're all still wrong to be pissed off about abortion bans that threaten women's lives. His allergy to saying what he actually thinks must be a really terrible one.

Say what you will, but there's never been a more adept user of the Motte and Bailey fallacy to derail discussion and paint everyone else as unreasonable while laying down a hot log of #bothsides

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I see Ana is still dropping by to make ambiguous posts hinting without saying that we're all still wrong to be pissed off about abortion bans that threaten women's lives. His allergy to saying what he actually thinks must be a really terrible one.

While I’m sure he spends most of his day flogging himself while starting at a life-size rendering of the Original Sin, he did need another hobby to fill up the rest of his time.

There is nothing ambiguous in that post, but I do think its humorous that pointing out the absurdity of drawing conclusions based on that "survey" triggers y'all.  The chefs fucking kiss, though, is CaptainAnt chiming in to cite Motte and Bailey fallacy in the context of me pointing out the absurdity of a poll that purports to reflect the view of people in "dystopian forced birth states".  That's some really next level shit bro. 

• Fuck You 1

23 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Kinda funny to laugh at the absurdity of the methodology here. But I understand that this all boils down to rhetoric and simple minded talking points. 

Please elaborate on that topic, I'm sure we would all like to hear how a poll they conducted via a third party is wrong. After all, they are just asking questions, and we all know you're an expert in that field. 

25 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Please elaborate on that topic, I'm sure we would all like to hear how a poll they conducted via a third party is wrong. After all, they are just asking questions, and we all know you're an expert in that field. 

Maybe try a reference/control group? Do you honestly think that that poll provides anything more that rhetorical talking points? Americans are stupid.  Good fucking job sussing that one out. This is compelling information that no one expected. Now do a poll of the fundamentals of biological science focused on "baby killing states" and let us all be further educated. 

• Fuck You 2

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

She took that at 28 weeks. Morally reprehensible IMO not sure if legal or not. Fetus definitely suffered needlessly and girl could have easily died from postpartum hemorrhage even with misoprostol

and the combo they used was branded Pregnot lol