Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not anymore.  The states are free to regulate to before 10 weeks.  We're not talking about "fetal heartbeat" laws anymore.  We're talking complete ban.

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. I was responding to the specific scenario of a very early miscarriage. Prior to detectable heartbeat there is rarely a need for D&C for a spontaneous abortion ie miscarriage. There will be a normal menses in almost all cases once pregnancy hormones are gone. Routine D&C will still be common

Can I still collect a $10k bounty under SB8? I have some Maga neighbors who celebrated the death of RGB and the end of Roe. They have 3 daughters, and will no doubt be on the first available flight to CA if/when one of them gets knocked up. I won’t profit off of their misfortune, but would love to be able to make a $10k donation in their name to Planned Parenthood.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Player said:

Can I still collect a $10k bounty under SB8? I have some Maga neighbors who celebrated the death of RGB and the end of Roe. They have 3 daughters, and will no doubt be on the first available flight to CA if/when one of them gets knocked up. I won’t profit off of their misfortune, but would love to be able to make a $10k donation in their name to Planned Parenthood.

So, knock up their daughters. You have your mission. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Here’s my thought…..sue them anyway. Now, today. Because they stature says that no matter what (including if you bring the claim in bad faith), the court cannot award the defendant their attorneys fees. You can sue them, and require them to retain an attorney to get it dismissed.
And it actually allows a claim against anyone who “intends” to get an abortion. You can then take a deposition of their daughter to determine her intent. Subpoena her text messages with her boyfriend. Ask her about her sexual activity.
They created an instrument of torture with SB8. So….let’s use it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Here’s my thought…..sue them anyway. Now, today. Because they stature says that no matter what (including if you bring the claim in bad faith), the court cannot award the defendant their attorneys fees. You can sue them, and require them to retain an attorney to get it dismissed.
And it actually allows a claim against anyone who “intends” to get an abortion. You can then take a deposition of their daughter to determine her intent. Subpoena her text messages with her boyfriend. Ask her about her sexual activity.

You could sue any of our state officials and allege that they are intending on supporting an abortion. Get phone records and depositions to ask them about their infidelities. Torture everyone. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. You don’t get to partially void/erase the right to privacy and to control your own body. Clarence Thomas is an asshole psychopath, but his dissent is actually right. They’ve ALREADY overruled Griswold, Lawrence, etc. When you remove the right to privacy/bodily autonomy as a fundamental right, it’s done.
Never in our history has a right so fundamental, so intertwined with our daily lives and our fundamental humanity been erased.
Some people don’t realize what a seismic shift and leap backwards Dobbs represents. Just the control of the female reproductive system is draconian enough….but it’s so much more than that.
The takeaway from Dobbs is this: this is really, really bad. It will get much, much worse.

All of this.  And this is why I said that the day Roe was overturned will be looked at as the day that America died.  Dark, dark times are coming.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

How long will it be before draconian states see a flood of obgyn surgeons leave, where the toeing of the line and risk factors of providing standard services just aren’t worth it. 

that'll happen in poorer/rural communities for sure. the bum fucks bum fucked themselves

1 minute ago, bluto said:

How long will it be before draconian states see a flood of obgyn surgeons leave, where the toeing of the line and risk factors of providing standard services just aren’t worth it. 

Anecdotal, but after SB8 was passed in TX, I heard from multiple OB and MFM candidates that they would no longer consider a position in TX. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I See Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Of course there will be the big blue state outliers, but not everyone wants to kill a child in the 3rd trimester.

Lmao you really thought this was some kind of lib owning slam dunk. Jesus Christ. I am awestruck by your abject stupidity. Incredible.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Others have already said it, but absense is not precedent. The Supreme Court had never addressed whether a right to control your own in body existed before. But, after Roe, it reaffirmed that such rights existed multiple times. What's amazing is that this Court, in complete abandonment of the principles that has guided it since its creation, removed a right that had been previously established. I don't believe that has ever happened before. That should be terrifying to everyone. 

Okay sure, but have you ever tasted liberal tears?

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Absolutely this.

They obviously don't give a shit about babies or fetuses, for all the reasons that have been pointed out.

So what is this really about?  Control, probably?  And all the other dominoes that are easier to knock over after this very stubborn one finally fell?

So what dominoes are next?  Gay marriage, for sure.  Probably access to birth control.  Then, what?  Finishing their wall?  Deporting illegal brown people?  Deporting legal brown people?

I feel like there's no limit to how far they can take this.  Fox can spin and sell absolutely anything to half the country and they can gerrymander and cheat to make sure they never lose again.  And that means they can do absolutely whatever the fuck they want.

Seems like you understand it pretty well.  PM Brisket for the Ledge Starter Kit.

So just now on CNN, they were live at a rally in LA.  The reporter spoke with both pro-choice people and “pro-unborn baby” people.  The reporter mentioned that the “pro-unborn baby” activists told her they still had more work to do in California and will be in the state a lot to protest, organize, etc to stop it in California.

But…didn’t our radical right wing Surly folk just tell us that this decision made it so abortion “gOeS bAcK tO tHe StAtEs!”?  So if this decision did make it so it goes back to the states, and California has decided how they will handle abortion, then why would the “pro-unborn baby” crowd still want to protest, hold rallies, and harass people at abortion clinics in that state?  

So which one is it?  

James Franco Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

No I don't think it's 51% either way. I actually think once decent people have to make decisions, you and the rest will be surprised on limited it will be. Of course there will be the big blue state outliers, but not everyone wants to kill a child in the 3rd trimester.

This is so fucking disingenuous. No connection to reality whatsoever. Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Player said:

Or spend 10k on extremely gaudy, huge “congrats on your abortion” signs and decorations for their yard 

4 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

They are celebrating being white Christian nationalists that own land. They can’t wait to go back to the days when they were in charge and America was “Great.” None of the up coming decisions or legislation affects them and they damn sure don’t care about their fellow human.

I’m not certain that’s what @Brothahorn is celebrating.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The ladies on my social media feeds are rightfully going ape shit. Everyone marching or getting ready to march.

One wing nut idiot piped onto one thread comparing the right to chose with people not wanting to wear masks or get vaxxed.

He was promptly eviscerated.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I love evil brisket. Would you feel the same way about suing those you know can’t afford it for sport? Like poors who reside on your political team? Maybe send them from barley hanging on to under the threshold?  And @Johnny Sack is the evil one…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I love evil brisket. Would you feel the same way about suing those you know can’t afford it for sport? Like poors who reside on your political team? Maybe send them from barley hanging on to under the threshold?  And @Johnny Sack is the evil one…

I feel like you misunderstood his post. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Gee, it's almost like there's a distinction between targeting those who, you know, actually supported and voted for this legislation vs poors who didn't. I just quite can't put my finger on why there might be a difference there.

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 2

And @Brisketexan @Dahobbs (and potentially @TwiceHorn) - do you know if there is anybody that actually has been sued this way? Can non-Texans actually sue under this bill, and if so, how judgement proof would "nuisance suits" be? I am 100% serious about filing against literally every daughter / wife of any Texas Republican senator who voted for this bill if I can and am actually free from penalty. I know you can't give binding legal advice over the board so hell, PM me and am willing to actually have a call to discuss.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

And @Brisketexan @Dahobbs (and potentially @TwiceHorn) - do you know if there is anybody that actually has been sued this way? Can non-Texans actually sue under this bill, and if so, how judgement proof would "nuisance suits" be? I am 100% serious about filing against literally every daughter / wife of any Texas Republican senator who voted for this bill if I can and am actually free from penalty. I know you can't give binding legal advice over the board so hell, PM me and am willing to actually have a call to discuss.

I don't believe this law has actually been used. Happy to help you do it though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

This is all true, but Hillary and her handlers deserve even more blame for not even going to the midwest.

After everything the Democrats did for unions and blue-collar workers, they never should have had to worry about the midwest again.  And they didn't, for decades.  Until they forgot that there are actual human beings in those places who need to be told, face-to-face, that you remember them, you get them, and you care about them.  

The only thing Trump ever said that was right was that Hillary blew what should have been an easy win.  An absolute break-away lay-up.  And it'll go down as one of the biggest political blunders in history.

Although, in fairness, at this point I'm pretty sure the GOP would've successfully created some other monster by 2020.  Fox News has made this a country that craves a monster and won't settle for anything less.

“The court used – at least in the 20th century – to protect the little guy from the rich and powerful. More and more it does the opposite – to protect the rich and powerful from the little guy. If I am fortunate enough to be president, I will appoint judges to ensure that the scales of justice are not cast by individuals on corporations and special interests.” Who will protect the constitutional principles of freedom and equality for all, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or political point of view? Who protects a woman’s right to vote and not the billionaires’ right to vote? and who will see the Constitution as a blueprint for progress, not an obstacle to it? ”

--Hillary Clinton, March 28, 2016. At an event in Madison, WS.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Gee, it's almost like there's a distinction between targeting those who, you know, actually supported and voted for this legislation vs poors who didn't. I just quite can't put my finger on why there might be a difference there.

It’s all team vs team.  You vote completely on one issue or nah? You fall in lockstep with every single piece of legislation your team proposes or nah?

• Fuck You 1

It’s all team vs team.  You vote completely on one issue or nah? You fall in lockstep with every single piece of legislation your team proposes or nah?

If my team were proposing fascism, I might rethink things a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Again you are being obtuse (I suspect intentionally so). If a legislator voted for a specific bill or if someone supported a specific piece of legislation then there is a critical difference about using that legislation against them vs a non-supporter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

People who vote Republican support at least one of two planks: prohibition of abortion or the general need to suppress people of color.

Some support only one.  Most support both, along with a whole bunch of other garbage.

So, fuck modern day Republicans, including those who ONLY care about abortion, because if you will stand idly by while the party pushes through all kinds of un-American, bigoted shit, then you are no better than the Germans who didn't stand up to Hitler.  More succintly, if you value the rights of an unborn, non-breathing unviable fetus over the rights of born, breathing American citizens, then you are a worthless human being.

Decorum prevents me from saying what I think should happen to you, but unfortunately for all of us, it will not shock me if you find out within the next few years.  That's how bad this is, and I assure you, the majority of the country will "fight like hell" (hey to President Trump) to reverse the wrongs you are promoting, either actively or passively.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

If a legislator voted for a specific bill or if someone supported a specific piece of legislation then there is a critical difference about using that legislation against them vs a non-supporter.

The OG post was about a guy down the street with daughters, who “celebrated the death of RGB and Roe”. Unless that guy is a politician, and the lede was buried, then Brisket wasn’t replying about politicians. So yeah, there is a difference. I quoted someone encouraging another to sue their neighbor because they disagree with their politics.  Not this senator or rep, their neighbor. 

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

People who vote Republican support at least one of two planks: prohibition of abortion or the general need to suppress people of color.

This is stupid af. A huge amount of people vote only to satiate their wallets.  Well off educators people on the internet quibble about the intricacies of politics, the rest want whoever will put the most money in their wallet. 

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Decorum prevents me from saying what I think should happen to you, but unfortunately for all of us, it will not shock me if you find out within the next few years. 

Lol. I’d love to hear.  I’d even be ok with the mods waiving their typical policy if it crosses the surly line. 

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's how bad this is, and I assure you, the majority of the country will "fight like hell" (hey to President Trump) to reverse the wrongs you are promoting, either actively or passively.

Something leads me to believe I’m better suited than you to weather that outcome, in every single aspect.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Something leads me to believe I’m better suited than you to weather that outcome, in every single aspect.  

Today?  Probably.  But not for long.

You can take that any way you fucking want to take it, but I suspect your big brain can figure it out.

Fatty - When their neighbor votes like an asshole to make women have less rights that dead people,
Fuck them. They are the enemy and should have their shit dragged through the street.

You support a party that has caused this country immense distraction unless you’re a land owning, white male. How you have not seen that is beyond me or maybe you have, but because you are a landing owning white guy, you don’t care.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Today?  Probably.  But not for long.

You can take that any way you fucking want to take it, but I suspect your big brain can figure it out.

Don’t about the big brain part. Hobbies forum is a great place to start your search. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2