Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You literally vote for people who have promised to - and actually do - harm your neighbors. Real harm. Harm to people like my wife having a miscarriage. Voting is an action with purpose and consequences.
Whether you harm my wife by actually being the one to physically prevent her from getting a medical procedure that will improve her odds of survival or you knowingly grant a third party the power and directive to do so makes zero moral difference.
That’s the point here. Your 1930s German self doesn’t get to absolve yourself by saying “I’m not a Nazi, I never killed a Jew, I just VOTED for all the Nazis who promised to exterminate the Jews and then did what they said they would.”
The GQP has promised to hurt people. They are keeping their promise. And you supported them the whole way. So, yeah…you deserve whatever pain is coming to you. And if it’s done by using a weapon of cruelty forged by 100% GQP hands, more the better. If you didn’t want an easily abused law that is nothing but weaponized cruelty and suffering to be used….you shouldn’t have put people in office who told you they were going to pass that law.

More hyperbole. I don’t even agree with the  court on this, but spare me the bullshit. Your kids attended private schools and study in Europe and Canada for fucks sake. Even though it should never have to be this way, you are purporting a trip to Colorado would have been too much. Disingenuous gets thrown around a lot here, but come the fuck on with it in regards to your personal experience. 

Also, still looking for your thoughts on if it’s ok to only fuck with certain neighbors, or are you ok with falsely suing to try and financially wreck only neighbors you politically disagree with?  I asked you upthread. Please back up your comments. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

More hyperbole. I don’t even agree with the  court on this, but spare me the bullshit. You’re kids attended private schools and study in Europe and Canada for fucks sake. Even though it should never have to be this way, you are purporting a trip to Colorado would have been too much. Disingenuous gets thrown around a lot here, but come the fuck on with it in regards to your personal experience. 

You don’t have to agree with the courts. You agree and vote with the party that supports this shit. It’s on their platform. The GOP platform is to make women second class citizens. Congrats.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

To clarify, my shithead neighbor is not a politician. But that shouldn’t preclude him from enjoying the full consequences of his reprehensible actions, right? After all, this is exactly what he wanted.

In the event that any GQP voters violate the law, then as “the party of law and order” we should hold them accountable.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

More hyperbole. I don’t even agree with the  court on this, but spare me the bullshit. You’re kids attended private schools and study in Europe and Canada for fucks sake. Even though it should never have to be this way, you are purporting a trip to Colorado would have been too much. Disingenuous gets thrown around a lot here, but come the fuck on with it in regards to your personal experience. 

there is no hyperbole. if you have voted for republicans in recent elections you helped make this happen, period. deflect, deny, hand-wring all you want, but you're part of the problem. suck it up and vote D for a few cycles and then maybe if things normalize we can get back to parsing bullshit like we are now. if you are paying attention AT ALL you will know that the dems ARE the conservative party right now. the fringe is clearly not getting through, so you can throw your boogeymen out the window. but you know whose fringe is getting through? the fucking republicans. this is proof positive.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Guys, guys, guys, fatty has told us many, many, many times that he hates MAGA, wants sensible gun laws, and is against banning abortion.

...but, you know, taxes. So what's a guy to do? His hands are tied.

Taxes hell. You want to pay me what I make now to put windmills in and plant flowers, I’ll do that too. But until then…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Taxes hell. You want to pay me what I make now to put windmills in and plant flowers, I’ll do that too. But until then…

Fine. You've made it clear that you vote with your perceived thicker wallet under Republican rule. That's your prerogative. But, for the millionth team, acknowledge what you continue to help enable by purposely turning a blind eye to what the party has become. And admit that there's literally nothing that they can do to lose your vote.

Dead kids, women's rights, soon to be gay rights, democracy...you've been paying enough attention to know that there are bigger things at play than policy disagreements...you just don't care.

So we'll continue to not give one solitary fuck that your personal views differ from the hate and intolerance the GOP propagates, nor will we let you hide behind that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

More hyperbole. I don’t even agree with the  court on this, but spare me the bullshit. Your kids attended private schools and study in Europe and Canada for fucks sake. Even though it should never have to be this way, you are purporting a trip to Colorado would have been too much. Disingenuous gets thrown around a lot here, but come the fuck on with it in regards to your personal experience. 

Also, still looking for your thoughts on if it’s ok to only fuck with certain neighbors, or are you ok with falsely suing to try and financially wreck only neighbors you politically disagree with?  I asked you upthread. Please back up your comments. 

I believe in striking back against those who do evil. I don’t believe in doing so against those who are innocent. FA. FO. Don’t FA, you won’t FO.

Sorry that you self-sorted into the evil group.

And Jesus, could you be any more tone deaf? Yes, I have the means to get around the pain by sending my family away from here. But I - unlike every single GQP voter - have empathy for OTHER people, who may not have my means. And who will be stuck here, maybe to die when they suffer a miscarriage. At the very least, subject to police interrogation if they are foolish enough to go to the hospital with a miscarriage - maybe it’s an abortion gone wrong, so let’s investigate and interrogate.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s all team vs team.  You vote completely on one issue or nah? You fall in lockstep with every single piece of legislation your team proposes or nah?

Except for those of us who quit the fascist team when they started acting like fascists.

People who vote with their wallets over taxes are as dumb and reprehensible as the free shit army.

It's really become apparent that as long as you and yours are ok you don't give a single solitary fuck about anyone else or this whole America thing. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I believe in striking back against those who do evil. I don’t believe in doing so against those who are innocent. FA. FO. Don’t FA, you won’t FO.

Sorry that you self-sorted into the evil group.

And Jesus, could you be any more tone deaf? Yes, I have the means to get around the pain by sending my family away from here. But I - unlike every single GQP voter - have empathy for OTHER people, who may not have my means. And who will be stuck here, maybe to die when they suffer a miscarriage. At the very least, subject to police interrogation if they are foolish enough to go to the hospital with a miscarriage - maybe it’s an abortion gone wrong, so let’s investigate and interrogate.

I think this is kinda the point. People who identify with the current R whathaveyou are INCAPABLE of empathy. They don’t know what it means, let alone what it feels like. In short, they are sociopaths. They probably weren’t always that way, but 40 years of media indoctrination and here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

And admit that there's literally nothing that they can do to lose your vote.

Sure they can. They can fuck with my money in the same regard. 

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And Jesus, could you be any more tone deaf? Yes, I have the means to get around the pain by sending my family away from here.

Then quit using you and your wife an example. Because when you do, it’s a non-truth.  It’s not “people like me and my wife”. People like you and your wife spend hundreds of thousands on K-12 education, hundreds more on college, then come to a board and be an everyman?  Who’s tone deaf here? 

• Fuck You 6

You know what, fuck you.  Your vote for Republicans helped relegate me as a second class citizen in this country.  You can just get the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Any idea that you might be a serious person and open to legitimately having discussion just vanished. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Wow dude.  How do you not see how fucked up this is?  You have literally sold your soul for money.  I'm fairly stunned because I think you aren't dumb.  This is...wow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

You need to take another leisure trip to Europe and calm down. Fuck. 

Yea people are mad when they lose the ability to make their own medical decisions. I’m very glad people like you have voted to make the very personal decision about having children illegal for people like my partner and I. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wow dude.  How do you not see how fucked up this is?  You have literally sold your soul for money.  I'm fairly stunned because I think you aren't dumb.  This is...wow.

Stop pretending he’s anything other than a disgusting human being. He shows us all everytime he posts 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yep. At least he's honest about it. I'll give him credit for that. The ONLY thing that will get modern day straight ticket R voters to rethink their positions is if they start making less money. And, even then, Tucker will convince them it's because of windmills or some shit. No amount of school shootings, removal of human rights, or attempts to steal elections will make a dent. 

"Fuck you, got mine."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Yep. At least he's honest about it. I'll give him credit for that. The ONLY thing that will get modern day straight ticket R voters to rethink their positions is if they start making less money. And, even then, Tucker will convince them it's because of windmills or some shit. No amount of school shootings, removal of human rights, or attempts to steal elections will make a dent. 

"Fuck you, got mine."

I hate how much my taxes are, but there is good and evil, and a vote for a Republican is a vote for evil.  Wasn’t always the case, but has been increasingly so since about 2009.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I hate how much my taxes are, but there is good and evil, and a vote for a Republican is a vote for evil.  Wasn’t always the case, but has been increasingly so since about 2009.

Their evil was born under Nixon, hit puberty with Reagan, peaked out during the W Bush years and hit the demented-old-guy-with-long-fingernails-shitting-in-jars under Trump. They’re just now figuring out the those jars can be used as projectile weapons.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, hpslugga said:

Their evil was born under Nixon, hit puberty with Reagan, peaked out during the W Bush years and hit the demented-old-guy-with-long-fingernails-shitting-in-jars under Trump. They’re just now figuring out the those jars can be used as projectile weapons.

Newsletter. Subscribe. How much again?

Penelope: I’m relegated to a second class citizen 

Also Penelope: Everyone look at me, please look at me!  I live in some of the most expensive real estate in the country, if you haven’t heard. And fly first class to Europe several times a year, to spend 10k on bags.  

Not serious world.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 9

33 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Then quit using you and your wife an example. Because when you do, it’s a non-truth.  It’s not “people like me and my wife”. People like you and your wife spend hundreds of thousands on K-12 education, hundreds more on college, then come to a board and be an everyman?  Who’s tone deaf here? 

Factual note.  AFAIK, brisket's kids did not go to private shools, they went to LASA and Anderson.  And her Canadian university is cheaper than most US options.

But the point is, there are bigger things afoot than personal well being, or, more accurately, personal wealth.

Brisket has a personal anecdote in which his wife's life would be jeopardized under current/coming Texas abortion laws.  Sure, brisket et ux. could afford to go somewhere else (not including the trauma and risk of doing so while his wife was in extremis) but the point is that there are a whole lot of people that can't, or couldn't. 

And if you want to be judgey about it, and I know you do, the people that can't afford "travel abortions," even in medical emergencies, are going to incur a lot of medical bills that the rest of us are going to have to pay for, and likely give birth to a lot of children that the rest of us are going to have to pay for.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Decorum prevents me from saying what I think should happen to you, but unfortunately for all of us, it will not shock me if you find out within the next few years.  That's how bad this is, and I assure you, the majority of the country will "fight like hell" (hey to President Trump) to reverse the wrongs you are promoting, either actively or passively.

I hope y’all do fight, using legal and peaceful means, but make your voices heard. That’s the best way to make sure less crazy laws get passed. But it’s going to take a concerted, sustained effort. Not these Dallas twerking protests. What happened yesterday was the culmination of a 50 year long, organized campaign. The Long Game personified. There’s a lesson there. 

I think in a few years we end up for the most part like Europe. First trimester will be allowed in most states. Some will be outliers in each direction.

Now’s the time to affect that if you wish. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Also Penelope: Everyone look at me, please look at me!  I live in some of the most expensive real estate in the country, if you haven’t heard. And fly first class to Europe several times a year, to spend 10k on bags.  

Not serious world.  

Right. Because having money makes everything okay. Not everyone thinks like you. Maybe sit this one out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well I sure am glad that my marriage cert will be set on fire all so you can continue your toy hobby and “save on taxes”.  I’m sure you’re not at all an upper middle class squeaker who doesn’t realize he’s getting fisted in 18 directions from the powers that be in amounts that far exceed any perceived tax savings.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I hope y’all do fight, using legal and peaceful means, but make your voices heard. That’s the best way to make sure less crazy laws get passed. But it’s going to take a concerted, sustained effort. Not these Dallas twerking protests. What happened yesterday was the culmination of a 50 year long, organized campaign. The Long Game personified. There’s a lesson there. 

I think in a few years we end up for the most part like Europe. First trimester will be allowed in most states. Some will be outliers in each direction.

Now’s the time to affect that if you wish. 

This is how bad yesterday's ruling was. Even GR fucking Horn feels bad about it, and is trying to help people find hope and solace.

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not serious world.  

You've made no point. You're just an idiot trying to "gotcha" someone. Fuck you and people like you. You literally use child logic to form your opinions on decisions that affect a lot of people.

Again, go fuck yourself, you piece of dogshit.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Right. Because having money makes everything okay. Not everyone thinks like you. Maybe sit this one out.

I don’t think everyone does. Do you feel everyone thinks like you?

15 minutes ago, bonnieblue said:

Well I sure am glad that my marriage cert will be set on fire all so you can continue your toy hobby and “save on taxes”.  I’m sure you’re not at all an upper middle class squeaker who doesn’t realize he’s getting fisted in 18 directions from the powers that be in amounts that far exceed any perceived tax savings.

Alot of words to say I care about issues close to me, but fuck yours. Please remind me why your pet issues are important, but mine aren’t?  Is it because you are more important than me? 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do you seriously think I'm challenging him to a fight?

For fuck's sake.

I think he’s saying he hopes your political team fights to get what you want enacted. 

• Fuck You 2

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That's pure evil. As long as you've got money, you don't give a shit what happens to your fellow human beings. Just pure uncut evil. I actually thought earlier this morning that you were engaging in a more thoughtful manner, but damn you just put it out there.

Edited by royiv
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Alot of words to say I care about issues close to me, but fuck yours. Please remind me why your pet issues are important, but mine aren’t?  Is it because you are more important than me? 

Bonnie's "pet issue" is having the same basic rights as everyone else. What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Any idea that you might be a serious person and open to legitimately having discussion just vanished. 

All of that should've evaporated a month or so ago when he spent the day railing against welfare queens only to admit he was mostly just trolling because he was bored at work a 1000 miles from home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

That's pure evil. As long as you've got money, you don't give a shit what happens to your fellow human beings. Just pure uncut evil

How is that? All I want is the same as most that post here. The absolute best education I can provide my kids, a house doubling or tripling in value in a great neighborhood (7 figure austinites holla), and to participate in the look at my 15k watch/purse or 100k car/boat threads with regularity.  

There needs to be some self reflection on who’s actually living the “fuck you, got mine” lifestyle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Do you seriously think I'm challenging him to a fight?

For fuck's sake.

You said you’re going to fight like hell. 

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is how bad yesterday's ruling was. Even GR fucking Horn feels bad about it, and is trying to help people find hope and solace.

Actually, not quite. Not a lawyer, but it seems like Roe was when an unelected group dictated new rights. Now it’s back in the hands of people. 
It’s a state to state issue so now is the chance to make yourself heard. More democratic honestly. 

Posters here have gotten confused thinking miscarriages can’t be taken care of etc. That’s not correct, but I’d like to make sure nothing crazy like that gets made into law. The anger here pointed in the right direction will help prevent things like that from happening. It could even lead to moderating of the laws here now on the books. Who knows?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

9 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

The absence of a precedent is not precedence. 

?? The US Constitution reserved the power to the states.  The absence of precedent meant that Courts followed the Constitution.  The Roe Court made up a law without precedent, Dobbs repealed it.  The absence of a negative is not a positive or else the Court could say anything that had not been previously forbidden. 

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Why is your issue more important than Bonnie’s?

You and the other radical right wing republicans on this site need to admit with this ruling that you support inequality and you finally acknowledge that no, we are not all equal in American and you’re fine with that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

How is that? All I want is the same as most that post here. The absolute best education I can provide my kids, a house doubling or tripling in value in a great neighborhood (7 figure austinites holla), and to participate in the look at my 15k watch/purse or 100k car/boat threads with regularity.  

There needs to be some self reflection on who’s actually living the “fuck you, got mine” lifestyle. 

The problem is that you seem to be quite comfortable with depriving others to further yourself.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3