Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

Just listened to that cocksucker Asa Hutchison on “Meet the Press.”  Chuck Todd’s first question was whether the lack of a carve out for rape or incest (and in Arkansas it’d likely be both) was a mistake, and he just completely sidestepped the question despite Todd trying to keep hammering it.  What a cunt.

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Just listened to that cocksucker Asa Hutchison on “Meet the Press.”  Chuck Todd’s first question was whether the lack of a carve out for rape or incest (and in Arkansas it’d likely be both) was a mistake, and he just completely sidestepped the question despite Todd trying to keep hammering it.  What a cunt.

And it’s a profound thing to uncover about any person who has a hand in shaping policy. 

If you’re a lawmaker and you have, let’s say, a 14 year old niece, and if she was raped, and she was impregnated, and her rapist was caught and absolutely bound for prison given the available evidence…and you tell us that you’re still ok with abortion being illegal under that set of circumstances, you are telling us that you have it in you to tell your niece “you know, you have an obligation to carry that baby to term.”

If you say “no I don’t have that in me,” you have absolutely no business having hand fucking one in criminalizing abortion. It’s that simple and there are no two ways about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We need more journalists like the guy who hammered Shithead Cruz about gun reform a few weeks back.

• Hook 'Em 1

The difference being that in some cases of miscarriage or other pregnancy complications, an abortion is required to save the mother's life. Elective abortions by definition should not be required to keep the mother alive. I think that's a pretty important distinction to make and codify into federal law. 
I can't believe some states will no longer have protection for at least medical reasons, but that is happening now. It seems like an easy law to pass in both the House and Senate right now, and would save many women's lives. 

I appreciate the attempt but delineating “good abortions” and “bad abortions” is what helped get us here.

Three women have told you this and you keep insisting.

It’s a wonder why we think men need to just shut the fuck up.

There is NO such thing as an “elective abortion”. Stop using anti-choice framing.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I appreciate the attempt but delineating “good abortions” and “bad abortions” is what helped get us here.

Three women have told you this and you keep insisting.

It’s a wonder why we think men need to just shut the fuck up.

There is NO such thing as an “elective abortion”. Stop using anti-choice framing.

Far be it from me to ever tell a woman how to handle a man in discussing abortion, but:

When you see a male insisting in using the term “elective abortions,” just start with “who do you personally know that had this done?” When he inevitably tells you “no one,” you say “ok so you literally know of no one who did this, and yet you say it’s really a thing. Tell me, what happens more frequently: voter fraud or elective abortions?”

The reason you know that being against abortion is NOT pro-child, it is about judgement, and puritanical christian values having priority.  Again NOT the child. 

IF ithe Republican party as a whole gave a damn about children ALL the statistical information you can find on the internet would not point to THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE!  They love abortion as a political issue, but car simply do not care about the children in their care.  When you look at the overlay for zero tolerance for abortion you see complete acceptance of all sorts of other conditions for children that simply show they don't really care.  If Republicans did care there would not be kids in the foster system as all the loving pro-lifers would be scooping up these loving souls.  Wouldn't they?

Here are a few maps showing how much Republican led states care about their children. The worst states to be a kid in America

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And in case you were wondering about the head count on the unadopted but supposedly loved and sacred by millions upon millions of Republicans?  

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Jesus tapdancing Christ, she has the awareness of a woman who just woke up from a 30-year coma.

Are all these stupid public comments from Republicans some kind of secret signal that most of us can't understand because we weren't at their midnight cross-burning meetings to collect our decoder rings?  Because that would make a lot more sense than them actually being this stupid in public this often and getting away with it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, she has the awareness of a woman who just woke up from a 30-year coma.

Are all these stupid public comments from Republicans some kind of secret signal that most of us can't understand because we weren't at their midnight cross-burning meetings to collect our decoder rings?  Because that would make a lot more sense than them actually being this stupid in public this often and getting away with it.

No one who is not an abject moron or in it purely for the grift is running for office as a republican at this point

• Like 1

Texas Republicans: silent as to children abused and die in state foster care system. 

Also Texas Republicans: a child’s life is so sacred we will criminalize abortions with no exceptions and allow civil bounties to turn your neighbors into spies to enforce this horrible and unethical act 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Should be defined in your State Constitution. Usually controlled by the Governor. A bunch of jackasses with guns who want to overturn a free and fair election, it ain’t. 

my state didn't exist when it was written.

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

No one who is not an abject moron or in it purely for the grift is running for office as a republican at this point

I mean, yeah.  It became clear several years ago that 100% of current Republican politicians and voters are either sack-of-hammers stupid or pure evil.  Some are both.  But anyone who tries to say it's about fiscal conservatism or family values at this point is a moron and/or a liar. 

The difference being that in some cases of miscarriage or other pregnancy complications, an abortion is required to save the mother's life. Elective abortions by definition should not be required to keep the mother alive. I think that's a pretty important distinction to make and codify into federal law. 
I can't believe some states will no longer have protection for at least medical reasons, but that is happening now. It seems like an easy law to pass in both the House and Senate right now, and would save many women's lives. 

You are wildly out of touch on multiple fronts here. It’s cringey, but also fascinating in a “can’t look away from a train wreck” sort of way.

I don’t get the feeling you have bad intent so I’m not sure why this is the hill you’re choosing to die on. Just cut your losses and move on.

8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

18 year old men that have no hope for getting laid is quite dangerous imo.

Making paying for sex a felony and casual sex harder is quite unsettling. A few of these mass shooters are just incels.

It is posts like these in conjunction with the rape/incest focused talk above which makes me wonder if some men actually talk to women or have any women friends.  Not the wife's friend, but their friend.  

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

with all due respect, there are only two types of abortions.  the ones that are none of my business, and the other kind, which are also none of my business.

once again, this is what it's all about:

Oh man, thanks for sharing this again. I meant to bookmark that but couldn't remember the account. 

3 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would agree it's more about punishing young women for sex. Women with money will still terminate any unwanted pregnancies though. Unwanted poor kids will place stress upon society.

Blue states should make laws that any out of state resident seeking an abortion who’s family is above poverty line will need pre-certification screening via Planned Parenthood.  If your family is registered republican or found to have donated to republican candidates or causes within the last 5 years, you will be extradited to your home state and denied services.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

And this is what I mean by reap the whirlwind.

Even the gerrymanderers can't quite account for this.  They gerrymandered on trends and race, mostly.  There were a lot of soccer moms largely indifferent to politics voting with their pocketbooks, or maybe some general goodwill toward "family values" type arguments.  Or not voting at all.

A goodly percentage of them are now pissed at Republicans.  And I don't think that anger will fade quickly.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A goodly percentage of them are now pissed at Republicans.  And I don't think that anger will fade quickly.

But that's why they did this now, isn't it?

The party not in the White House pretty much always wins the midterm elections.  They got it done 2.5 years before the next presidential election, while the sitting Democrat president is wildly unpopular, probably in part because of their smear campaign.  And they got it done while inflation is at a 40-year high and the market's down 20 points.  There was always going to be some political blowback to this, but god damn they certainly have some things to counterpunch at right now.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

It is posts like these in conjunction with the rape/incest focused talk above which makes me wonder if some men actually talk to women or have any women friends.  Not the wife's friend, but their friend.  

Explain?

Is young men that have no hope of getting laid not a huge risk to society? 

5 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

@immamac - what do you think about a sticky for posters who live outside of Texas and are willing / able to host anybody who needs reproductive care? @PenelopeWitherspoon (NY obviously) and @mchookem (Soon-to-be CO) have mentioned this. I'm in CA and when the news hit Friday one of the first things my wife said was trying to figure out how to help others who don't live in places were abortion or other care is possible. I image we are not the only ones.

The wife and I have a spare bedroom, actually 2 but one is being occupied by a head case of a cat, we’re in the Cap area of NY near Saratoga.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why does she format it like that?

some of us

make style choices 

for

dramatic effect.  so it might be time to

deal 

with

it.

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

For the same reason there are posters here who refuse to use capital letters at all. 

well i don't know who you're talking about, but he sounds quite handsome.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

GodDAMN.

And….also true.

As a country, and particularly as a gender, we’re shitty at empathy and conceiving of any experience but our own.

And a lot of men, even ostensibly more progressive men, like to refer to any woman who explores or expresses her own sexuality as a “sloot.”

• Hook 'Em 1