Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

It will never not be funny that you out of touch lunatics ( @PenelopeWitherspoon, @Bama Chick, @trauma babe) really thought this was going to be a ROEvember.

Maybe the American people are even more disgusted at the thought of infanticide 38 week abortions as they are with outlawing abortions entirely.

Edited by immamac
Bye bitch
  • Fuck You 23

3 minutes ago, Cement said:

It will never not be funny that you out of touch lunatics ( @PenelopeWitherspoon, @Bama Chick, @trauma babe) really thought this was going to be a ROEvember.

Maybe the American people are even more disgusted at the thought of infanticide 38 week abortions as they are with outlawing abortions entirely.

Hey @immamac and @hayden_horn, this is very clearly a troll post.  Cement needs to go.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Cement said:

@Cement wants women to die if they have a devastating complication at 38 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

[mention=5514]Cement[/mention] wants women to die if they have a devastating complication at 38 weeks.

He wants women to suffer and die because he’s cursed with a tiny dick and he’s too gross for any self respecting woman to want to fuck.

He’s probably a rapist.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cement said:

Ruh Roe. 

• Fuck You 7

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

the people who lead @Cement around by the nose know that he's gullible enough to believe their lies that a woman wakes up one day, damn near 9 months pregnant, decides, "fuck it," and then somehow finds a doc willing to do the deed.  and he is, in fact, that gullible.

Oh there’s no question. When you see someone saying that the reason “liberals” want(ed) to keep Roe alive is because they’re just itching to see a rash of late/partial abortions, you’re dealing either with a dishonest person or a stupid person because every word of the underlined portion of this sentence is absolutely wrong about absolutely everything that it says and/or implies.

They know full well that around 90% of all abortions performed in the US are done in the first trimester, damn near all the rest are in the early stages of the second trimester, and the token few (less than one percent) that are late/partial are done as either a medical necessity, or resulting in previous lack of access, in its isolated circumstances.

If they don’t know it, they’re willfully ignorant. This isn’t secret information, and it’s not new either. A quick Google search turns up a 1984 article from the NIH:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6519237/

First line: “Late abortion remains a complex and difficult issue in the United States, where about 10 percent of all abortions are performed at 13 or more weeks' gestation. The reasons why women delay having abortions appear to be largely personal, and most are not amenable to public health intervention.”

So that information is at least 38 years old, so the snowflakes who perpetrate this “38 weeks” crap have no excuse. We know to at least a 90% degree of certainty that they’re just straight up lying through their teeth, and the rest are just dumber than a screen door on a submarine.

There’s also a tremendous shortage of human decency and morality that would drive someone to say something that hideous and that pitiful. You’d have to be an extremely pathetic and weak individual to produce the kind of useless, feeble, garbled drivel that was posted by Cement.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Another awesome proclamation by a bad ass.

Sode note, China seems interfere-ish,

This time a suspended tiktok inside a tweet.  Nice.

If you cannot afford your offspring you should certainly kill them before they are born. 

For economic reasons. 

This is how a modern and highly functional society thinks. 

• Fuck You 10

If you cannot afford your offspring you should certainly kill them before they are born. 

For economic reasons. 

You’d prefer they have them and then let them starve.
In reality, you don’t care. Abortion has absolutely zero impact on your life other than you have an opinion.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Misogyny is not our standard.

Unfortunately, it is.  The way the female posters of Surly get talked to by some of the posters here is disgusting.  It's one of the few things I do report (blatant trolling and CR outside of the CR the other two).  The personal attacks and the PMs I know I've had to deal with as a long time member of this community are pretty disgusting.  I'm sure @Bama Chick, @trauma babe, and our other lady posters have similar experiences.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Unfortunately, it is.  The way the female posters of Surly get talked to by some of the posters here is disgusting.  It's one of the few things I do report (blatant trolling and CR outside of the CR the other two).  The personal attacks and the PMs I know I've had to deal with as a long time member of this community are pretty disgusting.  I'm sure @Bama Chick, @trauma babe, and our other lady posters have similar experiences.  

I trust you believe me when I say I am not disagreeing with you, when I point out that standard can also be a benchmark for comparison or expectation, alongside its more commonly used meaning: a representative performance.

No doubt I do not feel, or see, as keenly, misogyny on Surly, as do our female family members. And the voices that drew me to Surly would not carry the weight I felt if misogyny was a thread in those particular tapestries.

We ought claim misogynistic rhetoric has no place on Surly. Apparently, the message doesn’t convey as merely an expectation.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, Anastasis said:

For economic reasons. 

In your opinion what gestational age does it become an offspring? Don’t bother replying unless it’s in weeks gestation 

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

In your opinion what gestational age does it become an offspring? Don’t bother replying unless it’s in weeks gestation 

It is not really an opinion.  More of a biological reality.  At least in the case of homo sapiens, an offspring is formed when the haploid gametes from two progenitors fuse to form a new diploid organism with a unique genetic suite of biological information. 

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It is not really an opinion.  More of a biological reality.  At least in the case of homo sapiens, an offspring is formed when the haploid gametes from two progenitors fuse to form a new diploid organism with a unique genetic suite of biological information. 

Interesting. In your biological reality a molar pregnancy is an “offspring” and  a fetus with Down or Turner Syndrome is not

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Interesting. In your biological reality a molar pregnancy is an “offspring” and  a fetus with Down or Turner Syndrome is not

LOL.  You are certainly free to argue that abnormal genetic conditions, whether heritable or developmental in their origin, disqualify certain humans from full status and consideration as offspring.  I will not do so, but you certainly are free to go down that path.   

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LOL.  You are certainly free to argue that abnormal genetic conditions, whether heritable or developmental in their origin, disqualify certain humans from full status and consideration as offspring.  I will not do so, but you certainly are free to go down that path.   

I’m just using your definition. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And as you well know, it is an accurate biological definition. You are falling back to an exception fallacy because genetic disorders that result in abnormal chromosome makeup exist.  

It’s no fallacy. Your definition includes euploidy as a key component of being an offspring, which clearly makes it wrong 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s no fallacy. Your definition includes euploidy as a key component of being an offspring, which clearly makes it wrong 

I admire the pedantry. Do you continue to object to the definition if we just strike "haploid" and "diploid"?  The definition as stated is accurate based on the normative biological process, and easily generalizable to account for genetic deviations from those norms. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

I admire the pedantry. Do you continue to object to the definition if we just strike "haploid" and "diploid"?  The definition as stated is accurate based on the normative biological process, and easily generalizable to account for genetic deviations from those norms. 

It’s not pedantry. It acknowledges the complexity involved in defining a human, and by extension their offspring. A key component of your definition is euploidy, which is neither necessary nor sufficient for an individual to be human. Now you want to add exceptions. That’s my entire point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

What’s it like, living in a mind-space where one just picks snd chooses what words don’t belong in a definition? (Talk about pedantic)!   Or one where your personally preferred definition Trumps (no typo) the definition used by the rest of that language’s speakers?

Certainly, the arrogance that mind-space requires prepares a person to determine that the Rule of Law is also a cafeteria style outfit.

And, yes, sir. If ending the potential for another child enhances the chance of survival for the family, or species, you do. It’s nothing new. It is an observable phenomenon in nature.

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It is not a very strong one. If you find that definition too constraining it is easily generalized. 

This human, father of his family, rests.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Ugh

Ana tries to obfuscate the truth that his argument is complete horseshit by using big words.  Ultimately, and this is the whole fucking point of the matter, Ana and his ilk don't give a shit about life.  They want control over women.  They want to go back to the times when women couldn't own property.  Hell, did you know that as recently as the 70s, women couldn't get credit cards in their own names?  That is what they want.  Women that are subjegated to them.  And the reason why is that they are struggling to compete.  Taking away a woman's right to bodily autonomy puts women right back into the place that people like Ana want them to be in...dependend and beholden to men.  FUCK YOU.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Anastasis has posted on this topic going back to hornfans. I don’t think he argues in bad faith and I don’t think he wants to control women’s bodies. I think he believes terminating a pregnancy at any stage ends a human being’s life. That stance is not supported by science IMO. It’s a moral or religious stance IMO, and reasonable to hold as a personal belief, but it shouldn’t be the basis for abortion law

Defining what makes a human being is not an easy task, but in terms of an embryo/fetus it is very easy to make the case from a scientific point it is well after implantation and well before 32 weeks. 

He argues the exact opposite -- that conception is the point where the science is clear and that any other later date is a moral or religious perspective.

I think it's ridiculously flawed "logic", but he's equally staunch that it's bulletproof logic and that the opposite stance is weak.  I think it shows a remarkable inability to suss out shades of gray and weigh competing data along with competing rights, but hey, I'm just a dumb engineer and he's a "scientist".  Hey to Sheldon.