Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

17 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Just for kicks, I asked my 3rd grader after he got home to draw two completely overlapping circles.  He drew one circle on the piece of paper and then smiled a little shit eating grin.  I told him that I wanted two circles. He said that wasn't possible. He of course had a point, so I emphasized almost completely overlapping and asked him to try again.

AF745-CAC-6-FB8-489-E-9-F47-5-A475833409

Circling back to this, you're right, I checked and Brisket did in fact say that. But c'mon man, you can't possibly expect anyone to actually remember everything Brisket says. His average post takes six months to read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also, if you think that shitty restaurant behavior has anything at all to do with socioeconomic status, you're completely wrong. Poors tip worse on average, because they're poor, but the shitty treatment comes much more often from comfortable upper middle class types.

• Hook 'Em 1

What are we talking about again and why? Restaurant customer stereotypes and surly server's experiences? Are we going to do the Jewish ones and the black ones next? Asking for a friend.

But seriously, did Biden make the news by not tipping or something?

Edit to add: I now see this was from the minimum wage/people don't want to work/extra $300 discussion. Makes more sense, I had forgotten.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

But pastor Buck, observing the Sabbath in that way is an outmoded concept in today's world, so we can relax the tenets of scripture  . . . oh . . . wait.

"Jesus came to free us from the Law... unless it gives me the ability to impose my beliefs on you, then game on."

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Also, if you think that shitty restaurant behavior has anything at all to do with socioeconomic status, you're completely wrong. Poors tip worse on average, because they're poor, but the shitty treatment comes much more often from comfortable upper middle class types.

This is probably true, and it's probably based on relativity.

I know for me, I get frustrated with poor service or lack of basic competence in service at places where I really shouldn't expect much of people and my wife has to remind me of that. I think it's called tolerance and it's been something I had to work on.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

What are we talking about again and why? Restaurant  customer stereotypes? Are we going to do the Jewish ones and the black ones next? Asking for a friend.

Jews were typically fine, though I did get stiffed once by the most stereotypically Jewish guy I've ever met because his gumbo had rice in it. Young black groups typically didn't tip well but were respectful enough, while young professional black people tipped pretty generously. 

I will say that a very nice Christian lady who had a Sunday dinner by herself one evening tipped me $100 once.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Red lobster was my first gig....didn’t really get a church crowd that I can remember. SW side of Houston, pretty significant number of working class black guests. Their tipping was all over the place, but they were uniformly pretty nice. I really didn’t have any awful experiences there.

Then Birrapporettis in....River Oaks. Had some SUPER shitty tables there, including the old ladies l mentioned.

Then, Convict Hill here in Austin. On weekends and nights, drew an upper middle class crowd - we served steaks and wild game, so it wasn’t a cheap dinner. The nicest customers (although the tips weren’t big because the tabs were small because cheap lunch specials) were.....the blue collar guys from the Motorola plant. Never had a single issue with any of them, even if I only made $6 a table because their total tab was $24.

You’re fighting this so, so, so hard. And I really don’t know why, when it messes with what we all know the be true: the more conspicuous a “Christian” you are, the more likely you are to be a dick. You never argued with the fact that when you see someone advertise as a “Christian-owned” business....the smart thing to do is run, he’s about to cheat/gouge you.

The bar at the River Oaks Birraporetti's in the early to mid 90s was a lot of fun.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Jews were typically fine, though I did get stiffed once by the most stereotypically Jewish guy I've ever met because his gumbo had rice in it. Young black groups typically didn't tip well but were respectful enough, while young professional black people tipped pretty generously. 

I will say that a very nice Christian lady who had a Sunday dinner by herself one evening tipped me $100 once.

Who sent the most stuff back and tried to get everything for free (despite having eaten most of their plate and saying it was gross/wrong after they were full)?

I'm guessing Karen's with blacks being a close second followed by the church crowd.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The bar at the River Oaks Birraporetti's in the early to mid 90s was a lot of fun.

I would work cocktail shifts there on Friday and Saturday nights -- after the dinner crowd was done, I'd put a cash box on my tray, and just sling booze from 10:00-2:00.  I'd make $300-$400 a night doing that sometimes.  Then we'd head over to Marfrelles and drink will 6:00 a.m.  And we had this cute redhead BOH cashier that summer.....man.....I loved that job.  I was one of 3 straight males on the 50-person waitstaff.

• Hook 'Em 3

1. It’d be an interesting study to see how church attendance affects individual behaviors. In other words, is the evangelical a better tipper on Friday night than Sunday afternoon? Are group dynamics at play? Late vs. early service grumpiness? I suspect that the proselytizing and Chick tract stuff goes way up after church, but the money thing would be interesting to learn.

2. Setting aside the day of the week issue, the treatment of the Sabbath is addressed a few times in the New Testament, both by Jesus and in the Epistles. I don’t see any biblical justification for an outright prohibition on going out to eat after church, although individuals might make different choices based on their own conscience. Using the Sabbath as a gotcha betrays a preposterous reading of scripture that nearly matches the ones found in some evangelical churches. Using the Sabbath as a gotcha is also what they did to Jesus, so checkmate, atheists.

3. when I worked as a server, the jerks and cheapskates seemed to come pretty randomly. The stereotypes never seemed to hold up for me. I was also terrible at my job, so the difference between a bad tipper and a reasonable tipper wasn’t significant.

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't know and it's infuriating.

Shut up.  I'm reminiscing about my relatively care-free waiter days, and the adventures I had.  I'm enjoying myself.  Cut me some slack, I need this.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know who else doesn't know?  Joe Biden.

I bet he'da been a freaking blast to go out drinking after hours with, back in the day.  He would regale us with stories of him taking out Corn Pop, we'd all call bullshit, and he'd laugh and wouldn't care.  And maybe that brunette waitress named Keely woulda finally found me interesting enough for something to happen.

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I bet he'da been a freaking blast to go out drinking after hours with, back in the day.  He would regale us with stories of him taking out Corn Pop, we'd all call bullshit, and he'd laugh and wouldn't care.  And maybe that brunette waitress named Keely woulda finally found me interesting enough for something to happen.

There is no doubt that Joe would be a blast to go pound some pints with. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is no doubt that Joe would be a blast to go pound some pints with. 

I'll be having dinner tonight with a family member who worked for him for several years.  I'll see if I can get any good "drinking/bullshitting" stories out of him.

FTR, last we talked, he still loved and respected Joe, and thinks he's plenty sharp and super astute about the game and the playing field, but he has also lost a half-step since his prime.

4d42ef344bd7c83708310000?width=600&forma

43 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Holy shit...that may be the first time I’ve seen someone with a patriotic emoji in their Twitter handle that isn’t some Q nut or RW mouthpiece.   I still maintain that it’s a sad reality that 75+% of the time someone in my hood always flies the flag at their house, had Cruz/Trump signs the past few years.  

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Holy shit...that may be the first time I’ve seen someone with a patriotic emoji in their Twitter handle that isn’t some Q nut or RW mouthpiece.   I still maintain that it’s a sad reality that 75+% of the time someone in my hood always flies the flag at their house, had Cruz/Trump signs the past few years.  

yep, public display of the american flag has basically become an identifier of racists/fascists.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yep, public display of the american flag has basically become an identifier of racists/fascists.  

I've been proudly flying the American flag ever since Biden beat that fat incompetent piece of shit like a drum.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I mean, obviously he didn't mean anything sexual by it, but how has he not had a dozen people in his ear consistently for the past year telling him to not touch, mention, talk about, or look at any female under the age of 40 unless on a tight script.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I mean, obviously he didn't mean anything sexual by it, but how has he not had a dozen people in his ear consistently for the past year telling him to not touch, mention, talk about, or look at any female under the age of 40 unless on a tight script.

Those mannerisms are hard-wired into the Silent Generation. God bless them. Their parents were the Greatest Generation. They followed the lessons taught by their parents. They could have been spoiled, but they weren't - mostly.

Edited by washparkhorn

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I wish I was as cool as that guy.

anyway, yeah, Joe Biden...

I bet ol' Joe is a lot my grandfather. Nice church going guy, always the peace maker at the crazy family reunions, can bullshit with anybody, never a bad word to say about anybody, always wiling to give a helping hand, loves kids and babies, yadda yadda yadda, but get him in a room with the just the men folk, no kids or women around, and the ex navy sailor comes out--dropping f bombs, lewd, talking shit, dirty jokes, look at the tits on that broad, etc etc etc. 

RIP Bo.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

but get him in a room with the just the men folk, no kids or women around, and the ex navy sailor comes out--dropping f bombs, lewd, talking shit, dirty jokes, look at the tits on that broad, etc etc etc.

image.thumb.jpeg.d0730f3d4064ea5924b9ac9bad60bb64.jpeg

My dad’s favorite etc.

Edited by Willfully Horn
I remember

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I had missed the initial airing and when I went to CSPAN in the evening yesterday, I noticed someone had made a user clip of that very section. After I watched the entire speech, I thought, "well, I know which outlets and social media are going to air that clip." It makes sense especially when you've got 28% of Republicans believing that the government is run by Satanic pedophiles.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:57 PM, UpperWestside said:

Okay I’ll make it clear. If you are walking in wearing your Sunday best, almost always in a group of six or more, talking about Jesus and telling me how wonderful he is, while then leaving a tip that’s less than the “Widow’s Offering”, you are part of the Christian group that every single server I worked with attempted to avoid because they were just not going to tip well. Ethnicity nor age of the Sunday Christians did not matter. That is the group. Every server worth their salt will have at least one story of having to serve them and wishing they had not done so. I look back now and just shake my head at the utter selfishness that was on display by people who purported themselves to be anything but that.

Barbara Ehrenreich called them "Visible Christians" and heartily concurred they were the worst tippers. She didn't need to hear the Jesus talk.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

was it Bush senior who patted some lady's ass from his wheelchair not too long before he passed? i swear he goosed her and thought it was funny lol

Yeah it was a senility thing....He did it more and more the older he got. Or at least he made people think it was a senility deal. After all, this man did once head the CIA.

• Haha 1

Red lobster was my first gig....didn’t really get a church crowd that I can remember. SW side of Houston, pretty significant number of working class black guests. Their tipping was all over the place, but they were uniformly pretty nice. I really didn’t have any awful experiences there.

Then Birrapporettis in....River Oaks. Had some SUPER shitty tables there, including the old ladies l mentioned.

Then, Convict Hill here in Austin. On weekends and nights, drew an upper middle class crowd - we served steaks and wild game, so it wasn’t a cheap dinner. The nicest customers (although the tips weren’t big because the tabs were small because cheap lunch specials) were.....the blue collar guys from the Motorola plant. Never had a single issue with any of them, even if I only made $6 a table because their total tab was $24.

You’re fighting this so, so, so hard. And I really don’t know why, when it messes with what we all know the be true: the more conspicuous a “Christian” you are, the more likely you are to be a dick. You never argued with the fact that when you see someone advertise as a “Christian-owned” business....the smart thing to do is run, he’s about to cheat/gouge you.
This last part is true. The conspicuous Christian part. I've had a hand full of subcontractors steal from me or take a deposit and run. Every. Single. One. Had a Jesus fish or bible quote or Gob bless on thier business card.

Or My Pillow Guy hanging his cross out of pajamas. That's a sin, no shit he turned out to be an asshole.

And that makes sense because the new testament is very clear on not praying to be seen praying or making a big show of it. They probably won't follow other tenants like charity, humility and "love one another"

My family and some friends pray in resturants but it's always discrete and brief and after the server leaves. We all tip well.

Joe Biden
  • Hook 'Em 1

This last part is true. The conspicuous Christian part. I've had a hand full of subcontractors steal from me or take a deposit and run. Every. Single. One. Had a Jesus fish or bible quote or Gob bless on thier business card.

Or My Pillow Guy hanging his cross out of pajamas. That's a sin, no shit he turned out to be an asshole.

And that makes sense because the new testament is very clear on not praying to be seen praying or making a big show of it. They probably won't follow other tenants like charity, humility and "love one another"

My family and some friends pray in resturants but it's always discrete and brief and after the server leaves. We all tip well.

Joe Biden

23 hours ago, lmao said:

I mean what the fuck

23 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Yeah, that's not appropriate 

22 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Lololol

My God, how bad does he want to smell that glorious teenaged head of hair? 

• Fuck You 7

On 5/28/2021 at 11:06 AM, Brisketexan said:

I would work cocktail shifts there on Friday and Saturday nights -- after the dinner crowd was done, I'd put a cash box on my tray, and just sling booze from 10:00-2:00.  I'd make $300-$400 a night doing that sometimes.  Then we'd head over to Marfrelles and drink will 6:00 a.m.  And we had this cute redhead BOH cashier that summer.....man.....I loved that job.  I was one of 3 straight males on the 50-person waitstaff.

Our relatively small age differential, and the fact that I spent a lot of time in Houston with Strake grads, probably means you served us.

I hope we tipped well.  It sure as hell wasn't Sunday after church.

• Like 1