Florida Gators

Zeus

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

My ass is prepared to take the length. Either Kyle Trask wins the heisman tonight, or we get fucked in the face. I expect the latter. 

He's doing great man, this offense is just awesome. Can't wait to see EJ leading it next year.

Hope every Longhorn is rooting for the Gators right now, it's the only way aggy is left out. They will claim a national championship for making the CFP

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
22 hours ago, Zeus said:
He's doing great man, this offense is just awesome. Can't wait to see EJ leading it next year.
Hope every Longhorn is rooting for the Gators right now, it's the only way aggy is left out. They will claim a national championship for making the CFP

oops

Ok boogers, you are going to root for Florida against blowU in the cotton right????

20 hours ago, Zeus said:

Bring back coach Boom at DC

I texted my friends before the game that I hoped somewhere in the first quarter we would hear “wait, is that Coach Boom’s intro music?”

Certainly Grantham is gone after the bowl game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Zeus said:

Somethin' you need to understand about The Dude...

On 12/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, Helobious said:

Emory Is a giant step down from Trask. I bet the gators struggle next year.

In arm talent and pre-snap reads, for sure.  EJ will stress defenses way more with his running ability though, and he opens up the rest of Mullen's playbook.  Defenses could pin their ears back to rush Trask because you didn't have to worry about containment.  Trask wasn't beating anyone with his feet.  EJ will require a spy at a minimum that should open up other things.  You'll get lots of zone-read and other things that Trask couldn't do to slow defenses down.

The O-line is the bigger issue, however that shapes up next year will define the season.  Its alarming that Delance was the best we could do at right tackle.  Trask was able to overcome that liability with his reads and quick decisions most of the year.  EJ will be able to extend plays better than Trask with his mobility, but if the holes aren't there, EJ will be eating lots of shit.  

Jacob Copeland has to sit out the bowl game due to a Covid test. That’s the top 4 pass catchers on the roster now out of the bowl game. Number 5 is a running back.  I would question Trask’s decision making if he plays this game at this point. All he can do is probably look like shit and/or get injured. Go prep for the draft and let EJ and the young guys play. 

55 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Jacob Copeland has to sit out the bowl game due to a Covid test. That’s the top 4 pass catchers on the roster now out of the bowl game. Number 5 is a running back.  I would question Trask’s decision making if he plays this game at this point. All he can do is probably look like shit and/or get injured. Go prep for the draft and let EJ and the young guys play. 

But what if Trask "balls out" vs gooners ?? 

Reports of the Jets firing Gase and Mullen being on the list of potential hires. An insider is reporting that if offered he will jump to the NFL. Lots of friction since the bowl game with Mullen refusing to fire Grantham.  He fired both secondary coaches after Oklahoma set a school record 435 rushing yards in the cotton bowl.  Grantham must have some shark humping pics of a Mullen or something. 

21 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Reports of the Jets firing Gase and Mullen being on the list of potential hires. An insider is reporting that if offered he will jump to the NFL. Lots of friction since the bowl game with Mullen refusing to fire Grantham.  He fired both secondary coaches after Oklahoma set a school record 435 rushing yards in the cotton bowl.  Grantham must have some shark humping pics of a Mullen or something. 

Now that's failing upwards if he goes to the NFL. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/emmitt-smith-rips-ultra-sensitive-florida-football-players-guys-getting-away-mediocracy

"So when I look at our defense down at the University of Florida, I see guys that are very sizable, talented, but have a work ethic like a child. A mentality like a very immature person. Which they are young kids, and you expect them to be somewhat immature, but you want them to grow into a level of maturity. Like a Jalen Hurts for example. The way he handled himself at Alabama when Tua [Tagovailoa] came in. … He handled himself like a true, true professional.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He's an unbelievable athlete, but I am curious how much he has progressed as a passer. He has made some real WTF throws in the limited opportunities Mullen has given him. But Mullen is a QB whisperer, and I believe he prefers an athlete like Jones at the QB position since he really depends on a running QB to set the running game.

In Dan's best year at MSU, Dak ran for 986 yards on 210 attempts (led the team) while throwing for 3449.  They rushed for over 3000 total yards as a team. That is a much different result than the 4500 yards passing and 1774 total rushing yards from last year. It would probably help the defense out to move away from the run and shoot version of his offense too.

I'm curious to see what this year will look like. I'm also curious what Gator fans reaction to this type of offense will be. I guess as long as the Gators win they will be happy, but last year's offense is what the Gator faithful love to see. 46 TDs through the air makes Steve Spurrier smile. 

15 hours ago, jinx said:

He's an unbelievable athlete, but I am curious how much he has progressed as a passer. He has made some real WTF throws in the limited opportunities Mullen has given him. But Mullen is a QB whisperer, and I believe he prefers an athlete like Jones at the QB position since he really depends on a running QB to set the running game.

In Dan's best year at MSU, Dak ran for 986 yards on 210 attempts (led the team) while throwing for 3449.  They rushed for over 3000 total yards as a team. That is a much different result than the 4500 yards passing and 1774 total rushing yards from last year. It would probably help the defense out to move away from the run and shoot version of his offense too.

I'm curious to see what this year will look like. I'm also curious what Gator fans reaction to this type of offense will be. I guess as long as the Gators win they will be happy, but last year's offense is what the Gator faithful love to see. 46 TDs through the air makes Steve Spurrier smile. 

Well said.  I like EJ and really want him to excel.  I don’t have a ton of confidence in the final result after seeing his limited performance the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, SurlyGator said:

Well said.  I like EJ and really want him to excel.  I don’t have a ton of confidence in the final result after seeing his limited performance the past couple of years.

Seems to me he's trying to do too much, probably because he's only given a few plays or one series every game. I think once he gets control of the offense and is allowed to actually get into the flow of the game it's going to change a lot. He won't always be trying to play hero ball (hopefully).

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Seems to me he's trying to do too much, probably because he's only given a few plays or one series every game. I think once he gets control of the offense and is allowed to actually get into the flow of the game it's going to change a lot. He won't always be trying to play hero ball (hopefully).

The end of your video was the best part. Quick read still feet throws are the things he needs to improve. If he can do that, the RPO game will be deadly.

• 1 month later...