Markets still falling like whoa

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Somebody talk me out of buying AMZN. 

I bought right before the announcement of WFH purchase. They are up 50%+ since then. I would buy at every major pull back if I didn't already have significant $$ invested in them,

I also like BABA, Tencent, and Baidu as they have basically a state sanctioned monopoly in China.

Major pivot point right now for the health care and health care finance industry right now, with impacts into every other healthcare sector, hospitals, providers, pharma etc.

CVS to buy Aetna

Cigna to buy Express Scripts PBM

Walmart now in talks to buy Humana (up 10% afterhours)

Holy shit.  The Cigna acquisition is not particularly revolutionary, but the CVS and Walmart deals are fucking huge. And have widespread implications. If Walmart happens, Sammy becomes one of the largest health insurance providers overnight, with retail presence basically everywhere.  Same with the CVS deal.  I've been a big fan of the potential on the latter acquisition, but am upside down on the stock at the moment.  If you look at sheet, I think that the walmart deal makes more sense on paper but they both have potential to be evolutionary. Not convinced regulators don't kill all this shit though. 

Yeah, it's all kinda hard to keep track of frankly.  AMZN makes moves that are interpreted to be entered the healthcare space, berkshire, JPM on board. Analysts I hear don't think AMZN represents a serious threat. They shrug it off. Then WMT comes over the top to position as the biggest retail healthcare presence with a insurer with an in house PBM in the fold.

Frankly, I think that the WMT is just a trial balloon. If you hold HUM I would unload it. They'll let CVS/Aetna play out to see if the regulators balk. But this is all total speculation. 

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

We've been waiting for the catalyst. Who knew it would be his trade war with China?

Pedro Navarro is to blame.

Don't discount the world figuring our system of checks and balances has been broken for a while and now we have a president that doesn't understand economics.

5 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

I wonder what the over/under on the percentage of Economics PhD theses will be written the next couple of years discussing Twitter and its relationship to the DJIA.   

One moment I remember very early on in the Trump presidency is when he tweeted something about the cost of Air Force One and Boeing stock dropped hard.  Next day was something about drug costs and pharma stocks dropped.  He then kept ranting on things over time but then nothing would happen.  Wall Street finally realized he was just ranting and his words didn't mean anything.  (Never mind the word of the President used to carry a lot of weight.0

That's why I can't figure out why AMZN stock is crashing over his tweets.  Nothing is going to come of it.

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That's why I can't figure out why AMZN stock is crashing over his tweets.  Nothing is going to come of it.

I think AMZN is crashing mostly because the entire tech market is crashing. There are plenty of other tech stocks down 4%+ today. At one point this year AMZN was up 38% YTD  over the close on 12/29/17. It's gonna correct when the market gets spooked.

I bought VTI last Monday. down 3% in a week. thanks Obama.

I plan to hold it for at least 5 years... I'm expecting some more market drop this summer, and will probably double down.

also bought BND last Monday, it's up a quarter point.

whatever. surly.

I was a buyer today, but what the fuck, do all the big boys have a the president tweeted some stupid shit button that discombobulates their algorithms. Trade war I get kinda, but the Amazon thing I dont. 

Market is acting like a crazy pregnant woman right now.

Key monetary indicators in the US, Europe, Japan, and China are flashing signals of an economic slowdown later this year, raising fears of a global recession in 2019 and a stock market slump without a shift in policy. 

Monetarist experts warn that the global money supply is slowing much faster than widely appreciated, suggesting that the shift away from quantitative easing by the major central banks is already starting to have profound consequences.

The data appear incompatible with forecasts by the International Monetary Fund and other global bodies for a synchronized global upswing this year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/04/02/global-money-supply-flashes-surprise-slowdown-warning/

200w_s.gif

16 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

anyone buying Spotify? when do poors like me get a chance to buy a share or five?

I think around 11am-Noon today. Not exactly sure. Seems kinda pricey. You wanna stay poor buy that shit today. 

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

A SHIT TON of money was made today on the floor. 

Yep.  And FB trading over 160 AH.  I may make out like a bandit tomorrow.  Of course, I'll just be making up for last week since I thought some of this action would happen then, but recovering lost $$ is as good as anything.