Markets still falling like whoa

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol.

-“Laughing” because it’s so absurd.  
-laughing at how many people have  gotten it so damn wrong for so long 

-Laughing at “transitory”

-laughing at Jimmyjazz’s “groceries aren’t more expensive” tirades.  
- mostly laughing at the pain 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Some men like to watch the world burn.

Holy shit I think we just raised rates to clients in May by 15 percent and that may not be enough…

We left our current clients alone, but new clients are paying 40% more than this time last year. And new clients aren't complaining, either. They expect it. 

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

-“Laughing” because it’s so absurd.  
-laughing at how many people have  gotten it so damn wrong for so long 

-Laughing at “transitory”

-laughing at Jimmyjazz’s “groceries aren’t more expensive” tirades.  
- mostly laughing at the pain 

Laugh because it is better than sobbing like a little bitch..

Fuck

• Like 1

In an effort to be fully transparent the those who try to make some money on the RWIS (reverse wally investment strategy),

I have slowly started to see if my investing can influence one of the best run investment funds in the history of stock market investing. That is right Berkshire Hathaway in now in my crosshairs , I've started buying LEAP calls on BRK.B, the furthest traded date is currently January 19, 2024, both some $350 strikes (around $10) and a few $400 strikes ($3.50). This is a play on the recession ending by the 3Q 2023 and that my favorite nonagenarians find a good place for most of the estimated $100 billion they have in cash (it was $150 but Uncle Warren liked him some Oxy this year). 
FWIW - I picked the $350 strikes because that is below the 52 week (and all-time) high for BRK, but I'll pick some longer expiry dates once they open.
Right now I have just under 0.4% of my portfolio in the non-stonkiest of investments (which is why I'm posting here not there)

Ride the wave fellow surlyites, you know the drill....sell BRK, buy puts, sell me some of your covered calls.
Is there a 2xRWIS fund?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

In an effort to be fully transparent the those who try to make some money on the RWIS (reverse wally investment strategy),

I have slowly started to see if my investing can influence one of the best run investment funds in the history of stock market investing. That is right Berkshire Hathaway in now in my crosshairs , I've started buying LEAP calls on BRK.B, the furthest traded date is currently January 19, 2024, both some $350 strikes (around $10) and a few $400 strikes ($3.50). This is a play on the recession ending by the 3Q 2023 and that my favorite nonagenarians find a good place for most of the estimated $100 billion they have in cash (it was $150 but Uncle Warren liked him some Oxy this year). 
FWIW - I picked the $350 strikes because that is below the 52 week (and all-time) high for BRK, but I'll pick some longer expiry dates once they open.
Right now I have just under 0.4% of my portfolio in the non-stonkiest of investments (which is why I'm posting here not there)

Ride the wave fellow surlyites, you know the drill....sell BRK, buy puts, sell me some of your covered calls.
Is there a 2xRWIS fund?

You arrogant ass...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is there a 2xRWIS fund?

How much is BRK down since this post?

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Heed my warnings - BRK.B down $4 since I revealed my investments

I guess I need to read the rest of the thread. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:58 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Is there a 2xRWIS fund?

stock was $359 on 3/28/22 and will rise to that level by EOY imo, so a very good pick.  The $10 will easily double.   

The $350 strike 1/19/2024 was about $13 today, so did you buy on 7/14/22 when it was about $10?

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

So...

I'm long term holding SPY, not fucking around with those options right now. Bought puts for most of 2021 and made a few bucks, sold some calls this year sweated out the recent bounce but I'm a little ahead but I've quit playing with that fire

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

stock was $359 on 3/28/22 and will rise to that level by EOY imo, so a very good pick.  The $10 will easily double.   

The $350 strike 1/19/2024 was about $13 today, so did you buy on 7/14/22 when it was about $10?

Yeah that my thinking is along the same lines, there isn't he Uncle Warren is buying signal that we have a bottom. But I think it, at least, gets back to the prior highs by this time next year; and that gives me a 6 month cushion. All that is based on no black swan nor does it take into account the risk of one or both of the old guys getting unable to work or even dead.
The upside is that they buy something and time it right, the market picks up and this thing rises to $400 and I can make some real money.

36 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Unemployment number laugh at these recession promoters - if your want to press your point about GDP

Monty Python I Fart In Your General Direction GIF

Still under pre-Covid levels of employment, maybe something to do with the oddity?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-04/u-s-labor-market-nears-pre-covid-levels-but-recovery-is-uneven