Markets still falling like whoa

5 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

Pretty great (terrible) thread. 

Some good ones, but my favorite is the wife that just did one trade on her own in a year.

Made $700k. She should’ve stuck with it! She has talent. 

These motherfuckers need to be booted from office, and their trading needs to be greatly diminished.  If you can’t find serving the country worth it financially, become a trader then.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, fattyflattie said:

These motherfuckers need to be booted from office, and their trading needs to be greatly diminished.  If you can’t find serving the country worth it financially, become a trader then.  

Interesting, a fan of capital punishment…

Edited by ChiTownDoc

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

We've basically turned over the market to computers and algorithms. nothing is crazy and nothing makes sense. It just do it what it do. 

It's been this way for a long time. No sense fighting it. It's in everyone's long term best interest for the market to grow, not decline. That's why I'm not worried about temporary dips.

We thought the world was going to end with the early 2000s tech crash, and then again in the 2008 junk mortgage crash. We'll again reach new highs in 2 years.

On 9/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just the fact that 3-4% Fed Funds Rate seems to mean doom to the U.S. economy seems silly to me. Now 13-14%? 30-40%? Yeah, I can see that. 

Honestly my bigger worry is national debt and political turmoil than 8% inflation and 3-4% interest rates. 

national debt has been in the trillions for decades and no effect.  Political turmoil peaked with Trump and the market was good.   Inflation is much more than 8%, closer to 25% , declining slightly due to gas down, but clearly not what economists state.  What do people buy regularly -- groceries and household items -- all of that is up closer to 50% no doubt -- butter, cooking oil etc.   .  Housing, vehicles up massive.  Who are the clowns saying 8%? 

• Like 2