Markets still falling like whoa

5 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

fuck - I just looked at my investment accounts for the first time is a couple of weeks, only the second time this month.

Why in the hell did I do that???

Gags GIFs | Tenor

You, Sir, need a break.  Who does Sparty play tomorrow? Try to tune in and watch.  Get your mind off of your impending destitude.

56 minutes ago, Parliament said:

You, Sir, need a break.  Who does Sparty play tomorrow? Try to tune in and watch.  Get your mind off of your impending destitude.

what are you talking about - watching Sparty play football is all about impending destitude/destruction/desperation and depression.

Edited by Wally Fairway
I didn't pay attention to who posted that - it should say FUCK YOU
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Lol stupid political post.  What his inauguration has to do with Fed policy is beyond me.  But you can’t help it, I know.

Lol don’t be such a fucking baby. It’s just a milestone. If I really wanted to blame Biden I would CR shit post about it.

The crazy part is the amount of monetary and fiscal stimulus that has resulted in nada. 

Edited by Humble Beast

9 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Lol.  We’re pretty much at full employment.  We’ve made a lot of business owners very wealthy (myself included as a stock holder in a private company).  What we have done is transfer a massive amount of wealth.  

Sorry your crypto made you a poor.

Yes that’s it. I’m poor. From crypto. 

Congrats on your success. Hopefully you can secure an exit from your private stock. 

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

Yes that’s it. I’m poor. From crypto. 

Congrats on your success. Hopefully you can secure an exit from your private stock. 

At least his private stock represents a portion of a company that actually exists and has assets lol. Your shit coins just represent the expendature of electricity and utilization of compute power, but nothing tangible or persistent. Hope you secure enough dumb money to exit your coins when you want to

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

At least his private stock represents a portion of a company that actually exists and has assets lol. Your shit coins just represent the expendature of electricity and utilization of compute power, but nothing tangible or persistent. Hope you secure enough dumb money to exit your coins when you want to

My Beanie Baby collection will cover my recent losses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I own a good amount of private stock as well. Speaking from experience.

Not all my eggs are in one basket. 

So did everyone decide that the Fed is now all of the sudden going to change their mind?

Watching the markets act bipolar and so easily swayed by favorable news while ignoring unfavorable news one day and then shift course and do the exact opposite 2 days later make me really wonder why I even look at the market at daily snapshots and instead maybe it would be better to just do this once a week on like a Wednesday...

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Which is why I still hold quite a bit of cash and continue to make purchases - i.e. because stocks are on sale.  After a leg down, buy more index fund shares.  Nothing fancy and actually pretty boring, but my strategery is it will payoff just fine in a couple of years.

Yes, the markets are incredibly oversold right now.  Ton of cash on the sidelines, lots of sellers, and no buyers.  It may take until after the mid terms but once people realize that, the buyers will be back.

43 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So now you’re back to bullish instead of paying off mortgage debt?

all stars lol GIF by Lifetime

It’s almost like I can do both, and was asking a question to mortgage guys on what makes sense for an owner in Austin in the first 5 years of his mortgage.

How did that whole prepare your anus thing go?

Edited by StassneyHorn

59 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So now you’re back to bullish instead of paying off mortgage debt?

all stars lol GIF by Lifetime

17 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It’s almost like I can do both, and was asking a question to mortgage guys on what makes sense for an owner in Austin in the first 5 years of his mortgage.

How did that whole prepare your anus thing go?

cat lady meow GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos