Markets still falling like whoa

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Very generally speaking are spdr etfs solid or are they fee sinkholes? 

The expense ratios don't look bad in general, but do vary. Highest I see is 0.7%, down to 0.03%. 

I think the universal thinking is if you want low fee, just go with Vanguard. 

37 minutes ago, Parliament said:

The answer to every financial question you'll ever ask.

What index fund should I get?  Just go with Vanguard.

Should I buy BTCN?  Just go with Vanguard

My sugar baby wants money.  Just go with Vanguard.

I will say vanguard has protected me from some of my impulses over the last year. I'm almost sure I would have lost money had I kept everything in say td ameritrade. 

41 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

I will say vanguard has protected me from some of my impulses over the last year. I'm almost sure I would have lost money had I kept everything in say td ameritrade. 

Partly bc of just how awful/unfriendly their UI is for me (where I have my Roth). And thx for feedback on spdr

56 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

At the depth of the Plague I had time on my hands and decided to speculate on some things.  Bought S&P 500 puts, a bond put of somekind and shorted TSLA.  (Only the TSLA short worked, and not much.)  Big headache to get my Vanguard brokerage account set up and it was gonna make me jump through even MORE hoops when I wanted to sell calls.  So I didn't.  Had I done so I'd be a poor today.  Thank you, Vanguard Group!

ETA

Vanguard's UI is better than Fidelity.  Fight me.

Edited by Parliament

8 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

In some ways, I perceive Vanguard's low rent UI as a reflection of just how little they spend in certain parts of the company.  

18 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

So who has the best UI?

I use Schwab. Am I doing it right?

I have both a Schwab and a Fidelity account - I like the Schwab trading platform as it is much better than the Fidelity one IMO. 
Luckily for my the #stonk funds and my options trading is all done in the account at Schwab (or maybe not so lucky)

• Like 1

Going more defensive today in my 401k and pulling some off the table here in just a bit. I'm usually 75-25 or 80-20 stocks/defensive and right now I made a good move back at the most recent lows going full 100% stocks. Taking 25% off today and another 10% each 100 points we climb from here (4150, 4250) in the s and p up to 50/50 split. Not going bonds though! Just money market. 

10 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Going more defensive today in my 401k and pulling some off the table here in just a bit. I'm usually 75-25 or 80-20 stocks/defensive and right now I made a good move back at the most recent lows going full 100% stocks. Taking 25% off today and another 10% each 100 points we climb from here (4150, 4250) in the s and p up to 50/50 split. Not going bonds though! Just money market. 

Expecting a fall next yr? Shit hitting the fan?

Dow will hit 40,000 in 18 months after supply chain problems have dissipated, the Fed will cut rates, and we'll be back to pre Covid levels of efficiency,  supply-demand reaching equilibrium.  

Labor shortage doesn’t seem to have an answer on the horizon. Retirements accelerated and there no backfill readily available.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Dow will hit 40,000 in 18 months after supply chain problems have dissipated, the Fed will cut rates, and we'll be back to pre Covid levels of efficiency,  supply-demand reaching equilibrium.  

Fed will increase interest rates trying to maintain the worlds trust in the dollar until the lack of liquidity breaks everything plunging us into a deep recession. The fed pivots too late to prevent recession and the world realizes the only way we can tame inflation is to kill our own economy

32 minutes ago, B00M said:

Fed will increase interest rates trying to maintain the worlds trust in the dollar until the lack of liquidity breaks everything plunging us into a deep recession. The fed pivots too late to prevent recession and the world realizes the only way we can tame inflation is to kill our own economy

Fed: We fixed it!

On Fire Burn GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Da fuk

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

Da fuk

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

So 2 year treasuries yield 4.4% but 10 year only give you 3.5%. Cool, cool

Happy Just Getting Started GIF by NYCFC

Edited by B00M
If you’re confused, Google yield curve inversion… while you’re at it, review our federal budget and consider what it means when our debt payments and mandatory spending exceed tax revenue

I'm starting to think the trigger down to new lows will be the fed refusing to lower rates early next year as inflation comes down and economic conditions worsen. Higher for longer is what Powell keeps saying.  I think we head to spy 430 in Q1 and then bottom in Q2. Or we crash tomorrow.  Or we don't crash at all and I'm left holding my dick like always. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1