Markets still falling like whoa

17 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

Just saw S&P had best day since 2020.

Markets love a mixed congress.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The best political stability is gridlock.

they liked core monthly inflation numbers (excluding energy and food) showing a look forward annual number below 4% (0.3% * 12 = 3.6%) and adding back energy and food it's still below 5% on an look forward basis (0.4% * 12 = 4.8%). 

Yes markets like gridlock (they also like SOP politics not batshit crazy politics), but the major impetus was and is the Fed and inflation.

• Hook 'Em 2

Today would seem like a pretty good ⬆️  day, if it wasn't human nature to compare it to yesterday.
It also shows why the Dow should not be used as a market indicator - it is antiquated, from when averages were calculated by hand, now you can have the entire market and any sector you want with instantaneous results. Those fucking boomers just refuse to give up the Dow as a bell weather 

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

yay! spy 400!

(i expect immediate profit taking ~ er loss harvesting, maybe)

Seems like it is a bit early for tax loss harvesting - I mean it isn't really, but that seems like a mid-late December thing for mutuals, ETF's and hedgies to jump into the water and froth it up a bit.

7 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

GUIDE US WALLY!!!!

this market makes no sense to me
I was just about to post - Is it time to take something off the table, to buy Puts into this market rise, to sell calls into the rise or to sit here like Forrest Gump and just participate in the market while sitting with my thumb up my butt
Stupid is as stupid does

Weird fetishes in the stock market doom thread?  Say it ain’t so!

I have a great feeling about today.  

I drank some good coffee, my knees don’t hurt five days after running a half marathon, and best of all, I am not looking at MY FUCKING ACCOUNT today because I’m going to enjoy the day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1