2018 NFL Draft

Machinator

Prediction:

The Patriots don't do what all the TV and blogger guys are expecting them to do. They rarely show their hand. If they trade up it will probably be for a defensive stud like Vea, Payne or one of the DBs, not for a QB. Just my gut feeling. The Patriots tend to be unpredictable and smart, except for being predictably smart.

7 minutes ago, DougO said:

ESPN U has been showing UCLA games all day long, which makes me wonder if they think they know something about the top pick in the draft.

Everything I've read said they're not considering Rosen. He's already publicly said he doesn't want to play for the Browns. Smart move.

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Everything I've read said they're not considering Rosen. He's already publicly said he doesn't want to play for the Browns. Smart move.

I talked to a big Browns fan up in Ohio today who seemed to think that was the latest big rumor going around there that was going to happen. I certainly have my doubts, but it's the Browns.

I go 

Rosen- best mechanics, accurate, good arm, intelligent

Mayfield- accurate, good arm, mobile

Lamar- baller. Better passer than given credit for with less experience so more room to grow.  Cosell watches more film than about anybody.  Says Louisville has lot of pro concepts that he executed well  

Darnold - looks most like #1 QB.  Some bad decision making though. 

Allen- shouldn't even go in 1st imo.  Inaccuracy will absolutely kill you  

I think Baker might be the best QB of this draft. I put Lamar behind him. Not sold on Josh Allen at all. All of them have quite a few flaws, too. There isn't one guy you point to and can say with good conviction he can be a franchise QB like many said with Wentz and Goff.

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I go 

Lamar- baller. Better passer than given credit for with less experience so more room to grow.  Cosell watches more film than about anybody.  Says Louisville has lot of pro concepts that he executed well  

Rosen has a lot of good passing attributes, but I would think his really low delivery disqualifies him from having the best mechanics.

And he makes as many full regard throws as great ones.

Darnold had an excuse for poor throws. His OL was atrocious. When he had time he was right on the money.

Edited by DougO

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I go 

There's no sure way to predict how any of these guys will pan out but the one thing that always seems to translate from college to the NFL is accuracy. That doesn't bode well for Allen.  He needs to go somewhere he can sit for a while. The rest of them will be fine if they land in a spot with decent line play.

• Like 1

The Browns with a baseball geek as their GM were full on tard. Now they have Dorsey who knows what he's doing and they also have the drunken genius Scot McCloughan who built the SB niners and SB champ Seahawks. I think Browns ace this draft

Any team drafting Josh Allen in the 1st round is making a huge mistake a la the Jags did with drafting Blaine Gabbert. He only had a 56% completion percentage and has the highest percentage of off-target passes of any QB in this draft class. It was comparable to Hackenberg’s number and we saw awful he was last season. Allen didn’t pass my eye test in the couple of Wyoming games I watched. Accuracy is the most important metric for an NFL QB to possess and the hardest to try to fix. I can’t think of a QB coming out of college with a knock of poor accuracy correcting it with NFL coaching to become a franchise QB.

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I just read the first 5 mock drafts that showed up on google search and not one of them had Connor going in the first round. Is that a legit possibility? 

I've seen several that don't have a single Longhorn in rd 1, just depends on how much insider info these guys are really getting. Some past mock drafts have been wildly innacurate, while some are fairly spot on.

Predicted draft pick range for the Longhorns:

Connor Williams: between 20 and 40 (late Day 1 to early Day 2)

Malik Jefferson: 35-50 (early to mid 2nd round)

Holton Hill: 80-100 (mid-3rd to compensatory 3rd)

The Punter: 101-120 (early to mid-4th round)

Deshon Elliot: ditto

Poona Ford: 175-195 (early to mid-6th)

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Wouldn't put anything past them, especially after what Drew Pearson did last year in Philadelphia.

fuck them.  They still have to go live in Philadelphia.

1 hour ago, In10se said:

The Browns with a baseball geek as their GM were full on tard. Now they have Dorsey who knows what he's doing and they also have the drunken genius Scot McCloughan who built the SB niners and SB champ Seahawks. I think Browns ace this draft

I didn't realize McCloughan was working for the Browns. They'll probably have 2-3 good drafts before he burns bridges and gets fired.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I didn't realize McCloughan was working for the Browns. They'll probably have 2-3 good drafts before he burns bridges and gets fired.

They also hired Alonzo Highsmith and Eliot Wolf from the Packers.

The Browns actually have a competent front office now. Problem is the coaching staff (which is fixable) and the ownership (which they're stuck with).

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I miss it because you could organize a weekend cookout around the draft and have draft parties.

Now, not so much.

yeah theres that...but damn those 15 min picks for an offensive guard  or nose tackle were fucking brutal

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

I don't like Cleveland - the team or the city.  And I enjoy the high comedy of their terminal stupidity.  But despite all that I'm rooting for them to get their act together and become a team that can win four games a season.  It's not good for the league to have such screwups. 

They need to quit being overly cute.  Just draft good players with success on the field.  Don't go for that gem that only they see.  Don't go for that flawed player with amazing upside.  Forego the great pick with big downside and get football players who aren't royal fuckups (e.g. Manziel).

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1