2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

97.5 went on and on about a Harden to Denver rumor this evening. Harden for Jamal Murray, Michael Porter Jr. and picks. 

If this is true, I'm not sure why the Rockets didn't pull the trigger immediately. I would trade Harden for Murray straight up. 

Granato said yesterday that the finalists are Boston and Toronto. Deals center around Brown and Siakam respectively.

10 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Latest from an insider who has been right in the past

It's a decent offer and it also takes care of the Tucker issue, but it seems like the Rockets want Bam as well.

Damn that is a nice offer. No wonder Miami told Houston to pound sand.

48 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Kenyon Martin Jr. being a NBA basketball player makes me feel like an old man.

We are old.

It's been hard being a Rockets fan these last few years for me. I was never the biggest Harden fan because of his style. And I felt like Morey was getting a pass because he liked to fling shit on the wall, hoping it would stick. I can't knock the greatness of their regular season runs, but their playoff failures speak for Harden's style and Morey's system. 

Wasn't particularly sad to see Morey go. He's just as responsible for this current shit pie as anyone. And won't be sad to see Harden go too. Even if it means taking a few steps back. Harden is not the lead dog for a championship team and Morey's system is not built for championships. At least not in the NBA.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

We are old.

It's been hard being a Rockets fan these last few years for me. I was never the biggest Harden fan because of his style. And I felt like Morey was getting a pass because he liked to fling shit on the wall, hoping it would stick. I can't knock the greatness of their regular season runs, but their playoff failures speak for Harden's style and Morey's system. 

Wasn't particularly sad to see Morey go. He's just as responsible for this current shit pie as anyone. And won't be sad to see Harden go too. Even if it means taking a few steps back. Harden is not the lead dog for a championship team and Morey's system is not built for championships. At least not in the NBA.

Morey made sure the rockets were always in the hunt for home court in the 1st round. If you can't appreciate that then maybe we do need 5 more years in the lottery followed by 1st round loss after 1st round loss so fans appreciate how great a run we had.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Morey made sure the rockets were always in the hunt for home court in the 1st round. If you can't appreciate that then maybe we do need 5 more years in the lottery followed by 1st round loss after 1st round loss so fans appreciate how great a run we had.

Morey ran up a big debt that’s finally coming do. Do you really think that if Morey was still here that the team’s outlook would be much different?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

Morey ran up a big debt that’s finally coming do. Do you really think that if Morey was still here that the team’s outlook would be much different?

I think if Tillman didn't buy the team then we would be in a much different position and never would have done that Westbrook trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pasken said:

I can't argue with you regarding the regular season and making the playoffs. We all know it could be worse. And may get worse. Just felt like he wasn't going to build a team that could get over the hump. Rolling out 6'5" centers for a full season will only get you so far in the playoffs.

Edited by Brothahorn

Harden is a better version of Carmelo Anthony. Unbelievable talent, fantastic scorer, but too fucking concerned with himself to bother winning a championship. If Harden ever does, it will be on the tail end of his career as a 2nd or 3rd option. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:
19 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:
New CBA. Harden leaks trade requests, he pays the value of the remaining years to the team on his contract and then is immediately a free agent. Problem solved. 

So... Cut yourself...

I think Houston would do it. James you are free to go, just pay us the remaining 70 million on your contract and good luck. 

Need some creative thinking to force some parody. At this point fans aren’t dumb nor coming back for the 70% of the league that will never win a title. 

Players should be able to dictate their destination and teammates. At a cost to the player, not the team. 

I think Houston would do it. James you are free to go, just pay us the remaining 70 million on your contract and good luck. 

Need some creative thinking to force some parody. At this point fans aren’t dumb nor coming back for the 70% of the league that will never win a title. 

Players should be able to dictate their destination and teammates. At a cost to the player, not the team. 
It would make drafts and contracts pointless. Might as well just ask players to pick teams, which is what they're trying to do.

What parody?  10 teams have won the title each of the last 40 years. 

Cavs, Mavs and Raptors with one each. That’s 7 teams winning the other 37 years. 

Making the players use their own money to buy out a contact makes some sense, and automatically reduces the offer of the team the player is seeking to force a trade to. 

16 hours ago, Snacks said:
20 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It would make drafts and contracts pointless. Might as well just ask players to pick teams, which is what they're trying to do.

Maybe if Harden is going to play for the league minimum deal with Brooklyn. It would be interesting to see if these guys really prioritize winning over cash.

10 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

is it possible that harden is actually even better this year?

So far he is. 
It cracks me up watching him just go God mode and seeing all the people on here saying they wouldn’t do Herro and Duncan and cap fodder for harden. Or acting like Jaylen Brown is some manner of Untouchable asset that Boston wouldn’t even schedule a meeting to trade him for Harden. It’s absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 1