2020-21 Houston Rockets: Luv Ya Blue?

Slacks

5 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Definitely hard to judge when end of the bench guys are getting large minutes.

This team will look very different with Wall, Cousins, Gordon and McLemore available.

Aside from Wood...I'm really liking David Nwaba.

@ Portland and @ Denver was a brutal start too. 

• Like 1

James Harden has a PER of 41. Is that good?

yeah- probably not worth Duncan hunter and Tyler Herro for Miami. Boston should certainly hang up the phone when we mention Jaylen Brown. 
nuggets certainly should have MPJr completely off limits. Ben Simmoms straight up from Philly is definitely an overpay. 
the NBA is so fucking stupid sometimes- I swear. No Balls At all. 

Just happy for the win. After a tumultuous and abbreviated off season, this team has almost no chemistry. But if you look east to the Wizards, they are 0-5 in spite of Eastbrick's triple doubles. So I'll take this squad as it appears that Harden is gradually buying in. If Silas continues to experiment with lineups, I really hope he does one with Boogie and Wood, because the Rockets need to consistently win the rebounding battle (tied the opponent today). I was also puzzled at why David Nwaba was a healthy scratch because he could have been thrown at any of the Kings guards, all of them gave the Rockets fits. 

Hope the Rockets make adjustments and stomp the Kings handily in the second part of the mini-series on Saturday. But I would not be surprised if the Kings sneak into the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed - Luke Walton has improved the play of that squad.

23 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Just happy for the win. After a tumultuous and abbreviated off season, this team has almost no chemistry. But if you look east to the Wizards, they are 0-5 in spite of Eastbrick's triple doubles. So I'll take this squad as it appears that Harden is gradually buying in. If Silas continues to experiment with lineups, I really hope he does one with Boogie and Wood, because the Rockets need to consistently win the rebounding battle (tied the opponent today). I was also puzzled at why David Nwaba was a healthy scratch because he could have been thrown at any of the Kings guards, all of them gave the Rockets fits. 

Hope the Rockets make adjustments and stomp the Kings handily in the second part of the mini-series on Saturday. But I would not be surprised if the Kings sneak into the playoffs as a 7th/8th seed - Luke Walton has improved the play of that squad.

Likely wanted to get Gordon and Wall plenty of minutes to make up for their 2 game absence to get them into a rhythm. 

I know we need him in the rotation and he can hit some shots and can get hot from time to time....but I really don't like Eric Gordon, lol

When his shot isn't falling, he's awful.  Watching him bitch and moan after EVERY SINGLE drive to the basket gets old.

I do love the make=up of this team though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Boogie's 1st ejection tonight. I just don't understand why he is always so surly. Sucks because he dominated that last 4-5 minutes on both ends of the court. Caboclo getting some run tonight.

Caboclo still hasn't gotten any run. He must be that bad. 

Rockets rebounding (giving up 16 second chance points) and defense (especially from 3) have been atrocious. This coaching staff thinks the Rockets can cheat on defense to help in the paint and leave their shooters wide open. Utterly frustrating to watch.

Edited by UDontKnow

49 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm ready to move on from Harden. He doesn't want to be here, and we're about to the point of needing to bench him until he's traded.

Plus he would actually allow us to field a roster of actual NBA players. Nwaba is a good story, he's not a rotational NBA player. Same with Tate. Plus Gordon after a good 2 game start to his season, is back to his shitty self, that contract is really the worst of any the Rockets have had in the last few seasons.

14 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

what a mess. 

He did everything he could except show up in the Playoffs when needed. 

Dude is a clown. Making $40M and can't even pretend to be a professional. He's not just fucking the Rockets with his bitch ass attitude. That's the reason why Miami didn't want to give up Duncan Fucking Robinson for his ass. It's not the talent, it's the attitude. 

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Harden shoulders most of the blame, but don't forget that the Rockets organization, initially under Les and Morey, created and enabled the diva that is Harden. It only continued under Fertitta who basically allowed Harden to be pseudo-GM and bring in Westbrook. Westbrook bounces because he didn't like playing, practicing, and reviewing tape around Harden's schedule - that ended up working out well for the Rockets.

The Silas hire has been nothing short of a catastrophe. I didn't expect the Rockets to win all the games they lost, but it's the way that they're losing. Silas insists on small ball lineups that continue to get outrebounded (it's obvious he needs to play Cousins more and refuses to play Cousins and Wood together which would benefit both of them) and is also overly reliant on the 3 ball when it isn't falling. Let's call the defense what it is, nonexistent. Those are things you can't blame Harden for. Maybe there is a reason it took twenty years for Silas to become a head coach and we're seeing it live in front of our eyes. It was never a good idea to hire a first-time head coach for a team that was allegedly serious about contending in the playoffs. The blame should also extend to the rest of the coaching staff (Jeff Hornacek, lol, seriously? And for how many years has John Lucas been stealing money from the Rockets organization?)

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well whoever is all to blame doesn’t matter to me. Trade him now. Get a shit ton of picks if that’s what they are offering and just start over. 

The blame should matter to Rockets fans. How else to fix all the problems? Moving Harden doesn't solve but one tiny problem.

Yes it's crystal clear that Harden needs to be traded. Say the Rockets get back a top 20 player and a bunch of first round draft picks. They jettison the disgruntled Tucker, maybe connect on a Hail Mary and dump Gordon (yes I'm aware that the latter is unlikely). Now what? What are the realistic expectations for the team? Are the Rockets going to suffer the entirety of the length of Silas's contract? 

Agree to disagree. Harden is a major issue and our entire focus was surrounding him with the perfect roster to fit his skills and we never won with him as the leader. I’m not going to judge Silas after 10 games though. we are dumping harden to get picks and maybe decent guys back to rebuild over the long term. You think we are gonna be good quickly if we do what? There’s no quick rebuild in this situation. Maybe getting guys that want to be here is a good start in locker room chemistry. Let’s start there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Harden shoulders most of the blame, but don't forget that the Rockets organization, initially under Les and Morey, created and enabled the diva that is Harden. It only continued under Fertitta who basically allowed Harden to be pseudo-GM and bring in Westbrook. Westbrook bounces because he didn't like playing, practicing, and reviewing tape around Harden's schedule - that ended up working out well for the Rockets.

The Silas hire has been nothing short of a catastrophe. I didn't expect the Rockets to win all the games they lost, but it's the way that they're losing. Silas insists on small ball lineups that continue to get outrebounded (it's obvious he needs to play Cousins more and refuses to play Cousins and Wood together which would benefit both of them) and is also overly reliant on the 3 ball when it isn't falling. Let's call the defense what it is, nonexistent. Those are things you can't blame Harden for. Maybe there is a reason it took twenty years for Silas to become a head coach and we're seeing it live in front of our eyes. It was never a good idea to hire a first-time head coach for a team that was allegedly serious about contending in the playoffs. The blame should also extend to the rest of the coaching staff (Jeff Hornacek, lol, seriously? And for how many years has John Lucas been stealing money from the Rockets organization?)

Harden has refused to adapt to Silas' new offense. His effort and body language has been awful. Can't hang this on Silas. He has impressed me with how he has handled this mess.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Harden has refused to adapt to Silas' new offense. His effort and body language has been awful. Can't hang this on Silas. He has impressed me with how he has handled this mess.

This. It’s like watching a ten year old pout. He’s has given no effort on either end. Fuck him and his fat ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Would've liked to get Jarrett Allen. The Rockets could use all the rebounding and rim defense they could get.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I see all your points. But multiple players aren't fitting it offensively when Harden is on the bench and again, there is no defense.