Jeff Traylor Should Starts

Eggo

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They will fuck it up like they normally do. Or maybe they won’t and Fisher will make them great. Don’t know, don’t care. I’m just saying comparing their actions with respect to hiring coaches (and conference decisions) and passing judgement is about the most Aggy thing a Horns fan can do. 

You've managed to confuse me. Drats. Perhaps I'm the Aggie. 

Not looking for a fight. If I'm off base, it's not the first time.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

I won’t believe shit until an announcement is made where a new coach is quoted and it’s followed closely by a press conference by that guy in burnt orange. I’m in a mode where we’re coaches’ kryptonite. Maybe it’s just because we’re getting laughed at, but I don’t think so. I think we have a real problem and it’s gonna take a somewhat underwhelming upstart like ‘98 Mack Brown to catch lightning in a bottle. 

Are you implying that Charlie and Tom are Superman?

On 12/7/2020 at 11:27 PM, Valmy77 said:

unless you are Ohio State and just always win. I am not sure how that works but they are pretty unique.

tOSU is unique in that Tressel and Urban both left when they were basically on top. There was no rebuilding for the next guy as the machine was in place and in tune, especially as Urban left it. 

Sane can be said of the machine Stoops built and left. No rebuild needed. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I'll start with not Jeff Traylor, the 3a high school Gilmer coach that worked for Charlie for east texas recruits and on to the san Antonio coach.

That is a resume who Colorado state hires, not Texas.

But I bet you know more than I do about Jeff Traylor and how he can win championships because he used to beat the hell out of Gladewater and pittsburg back in the day.

Yeah we need to just hire the hottest name. Who cares if they're not a good fit, have no ties to Texas, or have a shit personality... just hire the hottest name--it never fails us. Oh and they need several years of HC experience... fuck what Clemson, tOSU, and OU say. #WeAreTexas

Btw, I doubt we'll give him a serious look, so you don't have much to worry about. We'll get Matt Campbell or Luke Fickell and ride off into the sunset.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I heard Jeff Bezos is retiring, and they're pushing to replace him with John Doe.

Haven't heard of him?

He started one of the most successful storefronts on ebay, and recently started selling through Amazon as well and is having great success so far. His peers from eBay all love him and rave about how he managed his storefront there. He's a little raw, but we're sure he'll adjust to the new responsibilities just fine.

In all seriousness, I think there's a way you could structure a deal with Traylor where it might work, I just don't trust our program to do that. You need to find a way to delegate the additional responsibilities of being Texas coach to a very strong and experienced team around him, and let him primarily recruit and coach. That requires both us to structure that and his ego to allow that. Is Traylor going to know we need the kind of facilities upgrades and elite support staff that Urban was demanding in order to compete with Bama and Clemson? If not, he needs to hire people who do know that and have them manage those things. I know nothing about Traylor, but it seems like ego and failure to hire and lean on the right supporting staff are points on which our last two coaches have failed.

The main reason I posted my scenario above is that, even if a candidate like that was Bezos 2.0, you could never sell it to investors because the risk is just too high. I believe the same is true here. Traylor might be a star in the making, but he needs to go run the cfb version of zappos successfully for a few years before we give him the keys.

There obviously are no simple answers here. But at this point, I'd take Kubiak or Traylor over Herman. I doubt the BMDs would approve a buyout to land us either of those guys — but if they're the only two alternatives on the board, I suspect the idea of a former NFL coach over the pride of Gilmer is an easier sale to the money men. 

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Okay Stanco. Tell me who's better with Urban off the table.

just off the top of my head, and I won't list candidates that I think we have no shot at getting

1. Luke Fickel

2. Matt Cambell

3. Brett Venables

4. Tony Franklin

5. Joe Brady

Honestly, we could add another 10 names to this list before we get to Jeff Traylor.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

I'll start with not Jeff Traylor, the 3a high school Gilmer coach that worked for Charlie for east texas recruits and on to the san Antonio coach.

But I bet you know more than I do about Jeff Traylor and how he can win championships because he used to beat the hell out of Gladewater and pittsburg back in the day.

for what it's worth Malzahn after coaching at Springdale and being a head coach for 13 years went:

• Ark OC for 1 year
  • Tulsa co-OC/AHC for 1 year
  • Auburn OC for 3 years

in year 6 he was HC at Ark State

in year 7 he was HC at Auburn winning a national championship

not a typical situation obviously but Gus was a legend in Ark HSFB

Traylor for comparison - 14 years at Gilmer then

• Texas ST/TE for 2 years
  • SMU AHC/RB for 1 year
  • Arkansas AHC/RB for 2 year

in year 6 he was HC at UTSA

this isn't me selling him as the answer...just that his trajectory isn't totally unheard of

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Be prepared to be shitty then, as we continue to repeat the mistakes of the past. Meyer was the only full proof coach available, and he turned down our $84M. That should tell you everything you need to know about the resume of fucking Texas.

Traylor is essentially Mack Brown without (hopefully) the thin skin and insecurities. He doesn’t need to be a master play caller, although he can do that better than meddling Mack ever could. He mainly needs to be a likable figurehead who doesn’t need to be surrounded by loyalists but who can recruit lights out and motivate. Mack Brown had the likable (albeit a too fake for me...Traylor is genuine) and recruiting parts down, but his thin skin and insecurities led him to shield himself with guys who made him comfortable and secure.

Lets not pretend that Mack Brown was some sort of coaching genius. He was a softie who was about to be run out of town until his recruiting prowess (in the name of VY) rescued him. Remember, he lost 5 in a row to OU with 2 of those being humiliating blowouts.

One more advantage Traylor has is that he is a Texan, not some interloper who pretends to get what football means in this state. Just give him the resources to hire the best assistants and bag man he can find. HS coaches will appreciate all of that, and it will be rewarded.

Now, let me get back to my fantasy world of puppies and blue chips frolicking in burnt orange meadows. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Traylor is essentially Mack Brown without (hopefully) the thin skin and insecurities. He doesn’t need to be a master play caller, although he can do that better than meddling Mack ever could. He mainly needs to be a likable figurehead who doesn’t need to be surrounded by loyalists but who can recruit lights out and motivate. Mack Brown had the likable (albeit a too fake for me...Traylor is genuine) and recruiting parts down, but his thin skin and insecurities led him to shield himself with guys who made him comfortable and secure.

Lets not pretend that Mack Brown was some sort of coaching genius. He was a softie who was about to be run out of town until his recruiting prowess (in the name of VY) rescued him. Remember, he lost 5 in a row to OU with 2 of those being humiliating blowouts.

One more advantage Traylor has is that he is a Texan, not some interloper who pretends to get what football means in this state. Just give him the resources to hire the best assistants and bag man he can find. HS coaches will appreciate all of that, and it will be rewarded.

Now, let me get back to my fantasy world of puppies and blue chips frolicking in burnt orange meadows. 

goddamn it; I think I can be talked into this; at least it's not fucking Steve Sarkisian

27 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'd be more sold on Traylor if his college experience was OC or something.  He's been the RB coach at 3 stops.  RB coach is nothing but a glorified recruiter. 

Exactly.  I like Traylor.  But his proven strength is recruiting.  Being a full time recruiter while trying to be a head coach is much more difficult.  He's not going to (nor should he) have enough time to be on the phone and DM-ing recruits 24/7 like he did in his first stint in Austin.  So wanting him back because he's a rainmaker on the recruiting trail is stupid because that's not the role of a head coach.  But that's the main argument for him, it appears.

And everyone saying he has a great offensive mind, well maybe.  He hasn't run an offense since Gilmer.  He's been a position coach.  So his offensive game planning and ability to make adjustments at a smaller high school may not exactly translate against big time college defensive coordinators.  I think he could be a great coach for a big school down the road, but it's too early and there just aren't enough data points yet for me.  Nobody is a slam dunk, other than Urban.  But you have to get someone that has a little more experience than he does at this point imho.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

But you have to get someone that has a little more experience than he does at this point imho.

OU, Clemson, and tOSU approve this message. Yeah, I know they hired experienced coordinators. I’m assuming you’re a HC experience guy. 

The last 5 HC at Texas post Akers had previous HC experience. The only one who worked out somehow found time to be a recruiting rainmaker. The biggest mistake the last 2 made were making comfort hires. That mistake is avoidable. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Exactly.  I like Traylor.  But his proven strength is recruiting.  Being a full time recruiter while trying to be a head coach is much more difficult.  He's not going to (nor should he) have enough time to be on the phone and DM-ing recruits 24/7 like he did in his first stint in Austin.  So wanting him back because he's a rainmaker on the recruiting trail is stupid because that's not the role of a head coach.  But that's the main argument for him, it appears.

And everyone saying he has a great offensive mind, well maybe.  He hasn't run an offense since Gilmer.  He's been a position coach.  So his offensive game planning and ability to make adjustments at a smaller high school may not exactly translate against big time college defensive coordinators.  I think he could be a great coach for a big school down the road, but it's too early and there just aren't enough data points yet for me.  Nobody is a slam dunk, other than Urban.  But you have to get someone that has a little more experience than he does at this point imho.    

I’m not saying we should hire Jeff Traylor but I will say this. Texas was struggling mightily running the ball for awhile. It was reported that Traylor took over as run game coordinator behind the scenes and that shit got better quick. I’m too lazy to verify right now but that’s how I remember it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

OU, Clemson, and tOSU approve this message. Yeah, I know they hired experienced coordinators. I’m assuming you’re a HC experience guy. 

The last 5 HC at Texas post Akers had previous HC experience. The only one who worked out somehow found time to be a recruiting rainmaker. The biggest mistake the last 2 made were making comfort hires. That mistake is avoidable. 0

RIley, Swinney & Day were all promoted from in house to Head coach at their current school.  So that would give me a little less pause.  I don't think their situations and hiring Traylor is a fair comparison.  

I'd be open to hire either of the Clemson coordinators.  I don't necessarily think  you need prior head coaching experience. 

The other problem is that I just don't see Boom or some other big time Defensive  coordinator signing up to work for Traylor.  Everyone is just assuming that we can pay Traylor under slot (but still well above his current salary) and then just money whip two outstanding coordinators that independently run their side of the ball.  But egos are abundant in college football.  The best coordinators are not going to want to come work for a guy that has a total of 1 year of experience as a head coach in college at UTSA no matter how much money we offer them.  I can't envision Muschamp is gonna be like, well I got nothing else going on, might as well go work for Traylor at UT, he seems like a swell guy.

19 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’m not saying we should hire Jeff Traylor but I will say this. Texas was struggling mightily running the ball for awhile. It was reported that Traylor took over as run game coordinator behind the scenes and that shit got better quick. I’m too lazy to verify right now but that’s how I remember it.

I'm not saying he can't coach.  It was a colossal  mistake for Herman not to retain him in order to be "aligned".  I think both he and Joey McGuire are both very good coaches, and in time could be great college head coaches.   But I just don't think he is seasoned enough yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Traylor was the Run Game Coordinator under Strong for that 2015 season after Watson and Wickline were demoted.  Norvell took over play-calling, but I believe that he and Traylor were Co-OC's as far as game planning. 

I'm having a hard time finding articles that talk about anything other than Jay Norvell - so maybe it was all just 9.95'er bullshit?

14 hours ago, Mittens said:

UTSA was never in a position to beat BYU.  UTSA was down 14 and scored w/ 1:14 on the clock.  They forced BYU to punt but roughed the kicker and BYU kneeled out.

They were in almost the exact same position UT was in vs TxTech.   UT magically gets the onside kick (6% chance statistically). UTSA didn't.   Call it a moral victory but utsa on paper utsa had no business being in that close of a game.  

8 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

RIley, Swinney & Day were all promoted from in house to Head coach at their current school.  So that would give me a little less pause.  I don't think their situations and hiring Traylor is a fair comparison.  

I'd be open to hire either of the Clemson coordinators.  I don't necessarily think  you need prior head coaching experience. 

The other problem is that I just don't see Boom or some other big time Defensive  coordinator signing up to work for Traylor.  Everyone is just assuming that we can pay Traylor under slot (but still well above his current salary) and then just money whip two outstanding coordinators that independently run their side of the ball.  But egos are abundant in college football.  The best coordinators are not going to want to come work for a guy that has a total of 1 year of experience as a head coach in college at UTSA no matter how much money we offer them.  I can't envision Muschamp is gonna be like, well I got nothing else going on, might as well go work for Traylor at UT, he seems like a swell guy.

I don't think thats nearly as much of a problem as you do.  I think it has much more to do with relationships than it does ego.  I think Muschamp would much rather go to a place where he has a relationship with a guy and he knows that guy will respect him enough to allow him to do his job - then to a place with an established head coach he doesn't know (assuming money/opportunity are equal).

*Muschamp is just a placeholder - insert the name of any top OC/DC if you wish.

Why does this keep going back to Coordinators? Keep the ones we have, just replace Hand. If someone wants to leave, add Samples. Offer everyone the chance to be retained, if they leave it is on their own accord, so no buyout.. Just remove the head of the snake (Herman) and go from there. Yurcich has had enough success as OC, I think he is capable of going to the CFP, Ash ain't no slouch either. Offer them another $500-750k to stay on board with the savings from Herman. Offer $3mm for the head coach position. Traylor would probably agree to that arrangement.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

I agree that the big name coordinators probably won’t want to work under someone like Traylor. We might have to get up-and-coming coordinators.  Just don’t bring along comfort hires. I can’t think of any of the last 2 new staffs who would classify as hot new coaches, although Orlando did have a strong jaw. 

5 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Why does this keep going back to Coordinators? Keep the ones we have, just replace Hand. If someone wants to leave, add Samples. Offer everyone the chance to be retained, if they leave it is on their own accord, so no buyout.. Just remove the head of the snake (Herman) and go from there. Yurcich has had enough success as OC, I think he is capable of going to the CFP, Ash ain't no slouch either. Offer them another $500-750k to stay on board with the savings from Herman. Offer $3mm for the head coach position. Traylor would probably agree to that arrangement.

CHIEF

All this. But get real wr coach/rainmaker, OL coach, maybe replace hagen as well for another recruiting focused coach.

Assuming that yurcich can actually call plays give him full oc control. Traylor eliminates bad in game decisions hopefully.  Get rid of the stupid rotations of players. 

The savings on coaches will appease the optics pussies that whine about buyouts and salaries. 

This is the poor man's solution to the coaching situation here and I'm starting to think we might be the poor man if we aren't landing urban.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think Muschamp would much rather go to a place where he has a relationship with a guy

Ok, let's assume I concede your point, which I don't.  That still presents a problem.

Which big name, proven coordinators does Traylor have a relationship with exactly?  He hasn't been around long enough to build those relationships.  Here are the Off/Def coordinators on the staffs that Traylor has been on that he would have a personal working relationship with:

Texas:  Shawn Watson, Joe Wickline (allegedly), Sterling Gilbert on Offense and Vance Bedford on Defense

SMU: Joe Craddock on Offense and Van Malone on Defense

Arkansas: Joe Craddock on Offense and John Chavis on Defense

UTSA: Barry Lunney on Offense and Tyrone Nix on Defense

Granted I don't know all of those names, but I'm guessing none of those move the needle for you as far as a someone that we should go hard after and money whip to come have full authority for their side of the ball at Texas.

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

All this. But get real wr coach/rainmaker, OL coach, maybe replace hagen as well for another recruiting focused coach.

Assuming that yurcich can actually call plays give him full oc control. Traylor eliminates bad in game decisions hopefully.  Get rid of the stupid rotations of players. 

The savings on coaches will appease the optics pussies that whine about buyouts and salaries. 

This is the poor man's solution to the coaching situation here and I'm starting to think we might be the poor man if we aren't landing urban.

Don't know that I've ever really seen only a Head Coach fired but the rest of the staff retained.  What a huge 'fuck you' to Herman.  Literally saying 'its not us, its you'.

I'm here for it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Don't know that I've ever really seen only a Head Coach fired but the rest of the staff retained.  What a huge 'fuck you' to Herman. 

But it'd also be a huge F you to Traylor as well.  I can't imagine any head coaching candidate would come in under those conditions.  Hey, we don't really trust you to do much of anything except to come in and babysit the staff and stay out of their way.  Just make sure not to use the freaking binder Herman left behind with flow charts that always point to bad decisions.  

Although I do think there are several coaches that could/should be retained, the new coach should have the ability to make those decisions for himself.  And the one thing I don't want that decision to be based on is how much money are we going to save if we keep this assistant coach instead of replacing him.

Traylor needs a few more years at UTSA. 

The framework to put UTSA on the football map is to look at Cincy, Boise, etc. If Traylor can do this, then he would get multiple offers for P5 jobs.

We do not need to hire someone with razor thin college experience at this point even if he was a high school coaching legend in Texas.  As noted above, the more recent ones in Dodge and Morris were spectacular failures at their college HC jobs at FBS schools.   Those two and others should have started their College HC jobs at the D2 or FCS level and then moved up to the Sun Belts, Conference USA schools and so on.  Get the street creed there for more than a couple of seasons and then get a shot at a P5 (see Brian Kelly at Norte Dame).

More importantly Texas does not need to go down this road again with the coach the ESPN's,  Twitter-verse and whomever else thinks is the next best guy for a P5 HC job.  This is fool's gold and we bought it not once, but twice in the last decade.

And expecting Yurcich and Ash to stay on and work for Traylor when he has a lot less experience is a big F you to them.  So again, I just think that would lead to a nightmare even if those guys did take more money and stayed on.  I'd think there would have to be some underlying resentment.     

15 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

And expecting Yurcich and Ash to stay on and work for Traylor when he has a lot less experience is a big F you to them.  So again, I just think that would lead to a nightmare even if those guys did take more money and stayed on.  I'd think there would have to be some underlying resentment.     

Yurcich has never been a head coach at any level, Ash went 8-32 and was fired from Rutgers. Traylor has never been fired from a job (only let go through staff changes), and would have probably been retained on this staff, if he had wanted to stay. Only one year of college head coach experience, but turned bottom feeder UTSA into a contender. It's a sales pitch going both ways for sure:

"Jeff, we think we have a pretty good staff, and would like to retain some of them if you agree?", start there.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

Arkansas had Traylor in place on staff when they Fired Morris.  Yet they picked another coach to be interim coach to finish out the year, and then they hired the offensive line coach from Georgia after considering several other coaches (none of which was Traylor according to what I could find).  So they clearly didn't think he was ready to coach Arkansas just one year ago.  I don't think one year of heading up UTSA has added all that much to his resume.

Sidenote:  The new Arkansas coach has them at 3-6 against SEC opponents after being 0-16 the prior two years.  3 of their 6 losses in SEC have come from a combined 7 points.  Hell, I'd argue that is a more impressive turnaround than what has happened at UTSA.  Maybe we need to go after him.

9 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Arkansas had Traylor in place on staff when they Fired Morris.  Yet they picked another coach to be interim coach to finish out the year, and then they hired the offensive line coach from Georgia after considering several other coaches (none of which was Traylor according to what I could find).  So they clearly didn't think he was ready to coach Arkansas just one year ago.  I don't think one year of heading up UTSA has added all that much to his resume.

Sidenote:  The new Arkansas coach has them at 3-6 against SEC opponents after being 0-16 the prior two years.  3 of their 6 losses in SEC have come from a combined 7 points.  Hell, I'd argue that is a more impressive turnaround than what has happened at UTSA.  Maybe we need to go after him.

"I don't think we should hire the guy with only one year of HC experience but I'm going to cite an example of a team hiring a lifetime OL coach as HC to prove my point."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"I don't think we should hire the guy with only one year of HC experience but I'm going to cite an example of a team hiring a lifetime OL coach as HC to prove my point."

Texas is not = Arkansas.  Maybe in a few more years we will be.  

But no, I wouldn't advocate hiring a lifetime OL coach without any HC experience.  And I said we should go after him now with tongue in cheek, because we shouldn't.  But if you compare resumes of Traylor and that guy, I know who I'd vote for after 1 year of head coaching ability.  Everyone talks about how we hate comfort hires.  But to me, if you really look at Traylor's resume objectively, there is no way in hell he is ready for this job yet.  The only reason people are advocating for him is because he is familiar, and they think we can get him cheap along with 2 stud coordinators.  As mentioned, I don't think that is viable.  There are a lot of people that would rank above him on the list that we should consider.    Nobody is a slam dunk.  I get that.  But it's just too risky of a move right now in my opinion. 

47 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Yurcich has never been a head coach at any level, Ash went 8-32 and was fired from Rutgers. Traylor has never been fired from a job (only let go through staff changes)

Traylor has never stayed anywhere long enough to even be in danger of being fired.  His longest college tenure is 2 seasons. Doesn't give me a lot of faith that he's learned roster management skills that are pretty crucial in today's game.

Ash was a terrible head coach.  If he was given that job here, I'd be extremely disappointed.  But that still doesn't mean he's going to be happy working for someone with Traylor's background.

Yurcich makes almost $1MM more than Traylor.  OC at UT > Head Coach at UTSA.  OC at Ohio State and Oklahoma State > RB/TE/Special Teams coordinator at Ark/SMU/UT.  Again, can't see him being happy working for someone with Traylor's background.    Now maybe these guys could all check their egos and make it work.  I just find that hard to believe.  

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

2 hours ago, JPETERMAN said:

Texas is not = Arkansas.  Maybe in a few more years we will be.  

But no, I wouldn't advocate hiring a lifetime OL coach without any HC experience.  And I said we should go after him now with tongue in cheek, because we shouldn't.  But if you compare resumes of Traylor and that guy, I know who I'd vote for after 1 year of head coaching ability.  Everyone talks about how we hate comfort hires.  But to me, if you really look at Traylor's resume objectively, there is no way in hell he is ready for this job yet.  The only reason people are advocating for him is because he is familiar, and they think we can get him cheap along with 2 stud coordinators.  As mentioned, I don't think that is viable.  There are a lot of people that would rank above him on the list that we should consider.    Nobody is a slam dunk.  I get that.  But it's just too risky of a move right now in my opinion. 

I love Arkansas dude too -- another example of a program looking for a different kind of resume. Life as an OL coach is different from Traylor's -- HS legend to college staffer to HC -- but it's not the same ol' same ol' in the SEC. Which is a retread. 

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

More importantly Texas does not need to go down this road again with the coach the ESPN's,  Twitter-verse and whomever else thinks is the next best guy for a P5 HC job.  This is fool's gold and we bought it not once, but twice in the last decade.

Which is exactly what we wouldn't be doing with Traylor. I don't know if he's the best guy out there, but I'm willing to try something outside the box at this point, rather than just hiring the flavor of the month again and hoping this time is different.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, JPETERMAN said:

Ok, let's assume I concede your point, which I don't.  That still presents a problem.

Which big name, proven coordinators does Traylor have a relationship with exactly?  He hasn't been around long enough to build those relationships.  Here are the Off/Def coordinators on the staffs that Traylor has been on that he would have a personal working relationship with:

Texas:  Shawn Watson, Joe Wickline (allegedly), Sterling Gilbert on Offense and Vance Bedford on Defense

SMU: Joe Craddock on Offense and Van Malone on Defense

Arkansas: Joe Craddock on Offense and John Chavis on Defense

UTSA: Barry Lunney on Offense and Tyrone Nix on Defense

Granted I don't know all of those names, but I'm guessing none of those move the needle for you as far as a someone that we should go hard after and money whip to come have full authority for their side of the ball at Texas.

Traylor knows a lot of coaches from them recruiting his players at Gilmer. Gerry Hamilton, among others, has said he thinks Traylor would be able to put together a really good staff.

• Hook 'Em 4