Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Crucially, it is not in any sense "grooming." "Grooming" isn't sexual education, it refers to developing a relationship of trust with a minor to sexually exploit/abuse them. All the recent "groomer" talk aimed at liberals by conservatives is an attempt at creating a new blood libel. They're accusing liberals of knowingly promoting pedophilia because it will make it easier for them to justify murdering us. It is straight up nazi shit and Donkey is knowingly and intentionally trying to promote this blood libel by conflating normal sex education with pedophilia.

Wait, are you serious?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 8

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"Look, we're just so divided these days. A majority of Americans want children to receive a good education, but all 'real' Americans want to murder that majority of Americans. There's really no way to resolve this but I think everyone should get what they want!"

Not everybody’s the perfect person in the world.  I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wait, are you serious?

Yes.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/oregon-man-charged-federal-hate-crime-after-attacking-gay-man

An Oregon man has been charged with a federal hate crime after using the internet to target and brutally assault a gay man because of his sexual orientation.

Daniel Andrew McGee, of Springfield, has been charged by criminal complaint with a hate crime. The complaint alleges that McGee attempted to kill the victim.

According to court documents, McGee and his victim met using Grindr, a social media and networking application designed for, and used primarily by, gay men. On July 5, after agreeing to meet, McGee entered his victim’s apartment and proceeded to assault the man with a wooden club over a period of several minutes. Despite the victim’s pleas for McGee to stop, McGee continued striking the man repeatedly in the head with the club. The victim sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital.

Further investigation revealed that, in the weeks leading up to the attack, McGee used the internet to search for and view graphically violent anti-gay material, including videos of anti-gay attacks. McGee also used the internet to plan the assault, purchasing the weapon and other materials online. In addition, McGee searched online for suggestions about how to get away with murder and how murderers avoid getting caught.

On Nov. 15, McGee was arrested by the FBI and made his initial appearance in federal court before a U.S. Magistrate Judge. He was ordered detained pending further court proceedings.

Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division and Acting U.S. Attorney Scott Erik Asphaug of the District of Oregon made the announcement.

This case was investigated by the FBI with assistance from the Eugene Police Department. It is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Gavin W. Bruce for the District of Oregon and Trial Attorney Cameron A. Bell of the Civil Rights Division.

GTFOOH

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

The Right is creating a culture war against minorities and framing it as a fight against pedophiles. When others fight for the civil liberties of the attacked minority the narrative is they are really fighting for pedophiles and this opens them up to violent attacks.
Pizzagate is a good example.

Yup.

And what’s the one thing that gets “regular folks” (IE people that post in the DT) loudly proclaiming their red hot desire to be judge, jury, and executioner?

Pedophilia
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Public school should be somewhere where all children should feel safe. Literally writing a law where a person’s sexual orientation cannot be mentioned does not promote feelings of safety for members of that group

Wait, who doesn’t feel safe? Openly homosexual PreK-3rd grade kids? I don’t understand who else you could be referencing.

Assuming there’s any kids in that age group confident enough to strongly assert their homosexuality, it is still quite a leap to then think they’ll feel “unsafe” when a character in a children book’s sexuality is not mentioned during school. Kind of a bizarre assertion. 

Maybe I’m reading your statement wrongly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

29 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wow you found an isolated incident with one person in the entire US of A. That’s about 20 levels from a coordinated effort to murder homosexuals like is being suggested here. 

That’s not what wildcat is saying.

3 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wow you found an isolated incident with one person in the entire US of A. That’s about 20 levels from a coordinated effort to murder homosexuals like is being suggested here. 

It doesn't have to be government extermination plan for it to be tacitly endorsed and promoted by the government. Do you think the gay basher got the idea to do it out of nowhere?

Post less; crack more backs. You'd be less of a shitstain on the world that way. 

Edited by trauma babe
Word
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Right. Because that’s only happened just that one time. Never any other time.

Fucking moron. 

Perhaps it is less about having open and honest discussions with one's children when they ask questions and more about beginning and maintaining the societal pecking order that allows for certain groups and genders to be harassed w/o consequences for the abusers.

The Florida bill was rather vague with its term of 'classroom instruction.' How does that work when it is the student that asks the questions? A teacher can steer a discussion away from certain topics, but having the specter of the State or lawsuit happy parents sitting on one's shoulders has got to be nerve wracking. Kids say the darndest things.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Wait, who doesn’t feel safe? Openly homosexual PreK-3rd grade kids? I don’t understand who else you could be referencing.

Assuming there’s any kids in that age group confident enough to strongly assert their homosexuality, it is still quite a leap to then think they’ll feel “unsafe” when a character in a children book’s sexuality is not mentioned during school. Kind of a bizarre assertion. 

Maybe I’m reading your statement wrongly. 

Who is talking about mentioning sexuality in a children’s book? The most you might see is a same sex couple and their child. But the snowflakes would lose their fucking minds and you would “protect” them. Fuck off with that shit

And clearly you don’t know any third grade kids. They can be cruel to anyone who is different. And they are taught at home what different is. They learn slurs from older siblings and parents and start slinging them around in kindergarten, definitely by 3rd grade.  So yeah, I’m pretty sure there are first through third graders that are starting to figure out they are not straight and I know for sure there are kids that age who have same-sex parents.  And you would  see these kids ridiculed and worse by their peers to protect their shithead fuckhead parents from some perceived offense rather than have homosexual relationships modeled as normative behavior at school.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Who is talking about mentioning sexuality in a children’s book? The most you might see is a same sex couple and their child. But the snowflakes would lose their fucking minds and you would “protect” them. Fuck off with that shit

And clearly you don’t know any third grade kids. They can be cruel to anyone who is different. And they are taught at home what different is. They learn slurs from older siblings and parents and start slinging them around in kindergarten, definitely by 3rd grade.  So yeah, I’m pretty sure there are first through third graders that are starting to figure out they are not straight and I know for sure there are kids that age who have same-sex parents.  And you would  see these kids ridiculed and worse by their peers to protect their shithead fuckhead parents from some perceived offense rather than have homosexual relationships modeled as normative behavior at school.

I’m reminded of an incident a close friend recounts to this day with anguish and humor. While participating in a speech tournament at an East Texas school, she encountered a mom and her young daughter at a local eatery. While waiting in line, my friend noticed the little girl quietly studying her body and face with some seriousness. Suddenly, without warning, she locked eyes with my friend and yelled with a very distinct East Texas affectation, coon!

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

@Immaculate Vibes and @TurkeyChew here’s your boy laying it all out. See how many replies mention grooming. This shit is why queer children and teens have the highest rate of homelessness, drug and alcohol dependence, and suicide of any other age matched group. Yeah, they’re all completely safe

You seem to think they consider gay kids committing suicide a bad thing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

I see the usual suspects who follow me around and harass and neg every post, despite being warned, are out tonight trying to neg every bit of a discussion on this thread that doesn't explicitly fall into the "wow this is so horrible and we should be outraged by it" opinion category.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 21

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Don't take it personally, but I neg all of your posts immediately without reading because you've already been crowdsourced and came back with a new username and I neg everyone like that.  But if I bothered to read your posts, I'd probably neg them anyways, because you're a pathetic hateful shitstain, and you can take that personally if you'd like.  Also, go fuck yourself.

Thanks for admitting it; post reported.

• Fuck You 18

54 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

@Immaculate Vibes and @TurkeyChew here’s your boy laying it all out. See how many replies mention grooming. This shit is why queer children and teens have the highest rate of homelessness, drug and alcohol dependence, and suicide of any other age matched group. Yeah, they’re all completely safe

• Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Don't take it personally, but I neg all of your posts immediately without reading because you've already been crowdsourced and came back with a new username and I neg everyone like that.  But if I bothered to read your posts, I'd probably neg them anyways, because you're a pathetic hateful shitstain, and you can take that personally if you'd like.  Also, go fuck yourself.

Knock it off or lose rep entirely

25 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I see the usual suspects who follow me around and harass and neg every post, despite being warned, are out tonight trying to neg every bit of a discussion on this thread that doesn't explicitly fall into the "wow this is so horrible and we should be outraged by it" opinion category.

I'm not usually one of those but you deserve it for your disingenuous "liberals are groomers oh I'm sorry I didn't know what 'groomer' meant I just mean they're trying to turn kids gay but I think that's ok" bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Chuck's deep thoughts:

1) Rigidly enforced gender roles result in increased opportunities for exploitation and predation, because women and children are kept in "their place," and men continue viewing them as having fewer rights. So that's more opportunity for pedos, not fewer. And there, the denial and gaslighting of the right wing come in to both obfuscate and accuse others. And obviously, to gin up voters to raise their voices against those other, awful pedos.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   2) The much bigger picture of course, is all these laws attack public education writ large. To allow lawsuits, threats of lawsuits, settlements, threats to teachers leading to a chilling effect on what's taught, teachers leaving because they're disrespected and monitored.... defunds and demoralizes the education system. Obviously, the whole "parental rights" movement ginned up is the master stroke to take the house/senate etc. and beyond. Very cynical, calculating, and I don't know how you defend against the perpetually fearful and outraged, because those emotions are extremely motivating for those who believe that others gaining rights means they lose rights.                            Y

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I have 4 kids. Number 3 is currently in 2nd grade. I’m keenly aware that kids are tough on outliers. I don’t see how that’s relevant to having a rule that you don’t discuss sexual orientation in class with that age of kids. Omitting or avoiding that discussion with immature children does not equal a hostile or unsafe learning environment for the young children that already know they’re homosexual.

But go ahead and keep demanding that sexual orientation should be open topic for teachers down to kindergarten.

6 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

2) The much bigger picture of course, is all these laws attack public education writ large. To allow lawsuits, threats of lawsuits, settlements, threats to teachers leading to a chilling effect on what's taught, teachers leaving because they're disrespected and monitored.... defunds and demoralizes the education system. Obviously, the whole "parental rights" movement ginned up is the master stroke to take the house/senate etc. and beyond. Very cynical, calculating, and I don't know how you defend against the perpetually fearful and outraged, because those emotions are extremely motivating for those who believe that others gaining rights means they lose rights.                            Y

What a drama queen post. Don’t discuss sexual orientation in 3rd grade and below equals attack on public schools? Get a hold of yourself. 

Also lol at the chilling effect this would have on teachers. Most teachers have or had kids and know that most parents would prefer they handle such discussions themselves with kids that age. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Didn't take long for the Karens in my ISD to pickup on this and want to emulate it here in Texas.  

So, of course, we're only a few weeks away from some parent group demanding to sit in on K-3 classes to make sure there's no talk of sexuality or CRT.  Even 'concerned adults' who don't even have kids in the class because 'values.'  By the end of this calendar year, we'll have 2 or 3 random adult men just roaming the halls of my daughter's elementary school as 'community stewards' to make sure there's nothing too controversial being discussed.  'Cause that's totally normal.  It pains me that a group I used to associate so closely with, embraced the stupid.  Now, it seems...they also want to embrace the creepy.  All of this, all of it.  It will be laughed at in history books.  People won't even believe it happened.  I don't, and I'm living through it, and I know the people doing it.

20 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I have 4 kids. Number 3 is currently in 2nd grade. I’m keenly aware that kids are tough on outliers. I don’t see how that’s relevant to having a rule that you don’t discuss sexual orientation in class with that age of kids. Omitting or avoiding that discussion with immature children does not equal a hostile or unsafe learning environment for the young children that already know they’re homosexual.

But go ahead and keep demanding that sexual orientation should be open topic for teachers down to kindergarten.

What a drama queen post. Don’t discuss sexual orientation in 3rd grade and below equals attack on public schools? Get a hold of yourself. 

Also lol at the chilling effect this would have on teachers. Most teachers have or had kids and know that most parents would prefer they handle such discussions themselves with kids that age. 

Condolences to your kids. It must suck to have someone like you as a parent. I feel sorry for them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

immature children does not equal a hostile or unsafe learning environment for the young children that already know they’re homosexual.

I will. Because that’s when you have the best chance to decrease the incidence of bullying. We started playing smeer the queer in about 2nd grade. And that’s back when almost all  homosexuals were closeted because not to be would get you run out of town and could get you killed,so most of us didn’t even learn what queer meant until junior high. 

These days unless you live in BFE your 2nd grader is going to have at least one kid with same sex parents in their public school. It’s normal. And fuck you for wanting public schools to treat it like it’s not

also post a link to anyone “demanding “ sex education or discussion of any explicit sexual activity or genitalia in that age group. It’s bullshit and of course you are spreading it all over. Acknowledging that nonnormative relationships exist and are ok is what we are taking about

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

That feels like such an out of bounds, personal statement. Wow.

If you weren't on your fourth or fifth sock I would ask if you were new here. Alas.

As I stated before, the Florida bill does not specify what "classroom instruction" is. That leaves it open to parental interpretation and a lawsuit. A lawsuit that is mediated by an appointed special investigator. A teacher does not have to have a lesson plan on sexual _______, to have a parent decide 'they' know best about how to define 'classroom instruction.' After all, 'they' know what 'socialism' and 'CRT' are, right? Right?

It's Florida. Nothing could possibly go wrong there.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My second grade daughter’s teacher is gay. They have books like this in the classroom 

image.jpeg.8d01c64e4e52df223f44f70176722722.jpeg

which is a bunch of “this family has only one parent, this family has step siblings, this family has two mommies, wow everyone is wonderful” sort of stuff. I guess that would be banned under the law. Of course, the kids are aware the teacher himself has a boyfriend, and I guess that would have to be hidden from the kids. Basically forcing him back in the closet I guess.

Not everyone wants to have their kids taught hateful stuff or to roll the world back to 1950 where we tried to make sure every gay person knew they were outcasts. Check around, see if the local school is bigoted enough for your liking, and send your kid there.  No need for a law.

I remember after my parents divorced, me and about a half dozen other kids in a fairly large junior high (say 5 outta 200) had to attend this group before school 1 or 2 days a week for children of "broken homes."  It was with Mrs. Babcock and she was actually super sweet about it, it was basically just a place to talk about our feelings (I'm guessing she had some kinda summer certification in 'counseling.')  But it was a few of us and I think it went on for like two full years.  But periodically, somebody that knew we were attending this "strongly suggested" program would make a point to single us out for being from "broken homes."  Even some staff.  I look back on it and laugh that people used to think it was a reason to single out kids for something that wasn't their choosing.  I think "that was over 30 years ago, we're beyond stupid shit like that nowadays.  And then I look at DeSantis and Dan Patrick and we haven't learned a thing.  We're getting worse in fact.  Thanks to technology, the cruel and the stupid found one another.  And they no longer have to hide in the shadows.  

I was marginally ostracized for being a mixed-race child of divorce.  Luckily, I am a misanthrope who never minded the finger-pointing because in my DNA---I don't understand people's fascination with people.  But I can't imagine being a young person questioning their gender, or sexuality, or the sex of their parents, or any of that.  Intolerable cruelty, sweeping legislation to make them feel even more awkward, and record high access to drugs and guns.  What a potent and lethal combination.

The Wonder Years for so many millions of American young people are going to be a fucking nightmare.  None of this gets better until about 25 million American adults are dead.

11 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Hey while we're at it, let's ban books that show interracial families as well! I just have no idea how to explain that to my kid, and I don't want him getting any nontraditional ideas. It would be a really uncomfortable conversation for me, and I don't like having those. I would much rather tell him about how sinning without repentance to an invisible man in the sky will send him to the depths of hell to writhe in unimaginable pain burning in a lake of fire for eternity along with all the other evil people, demons and Satan himself! That's a much more reasonable scenario to explain to a 6 year old. 

Don't forget to mention to the child that the invisible man in the sky designed and constructed every mental process, as well as the entire environment that evil creature uses to comprehend their world, and therefore was directly responsibly for the evil result of falling in love with a "forbidden other" .   But like an out of control pharma company, the invisible man takes absolutely no responsibility and instead has decided that to eternally torture this creature that he personally designed and programmed is the correct action.  Also explain to the 6th year old that a human acting in such a way would be considered a psychopath, and would be facing enormous criminal  and civil penalties under our laws, but in this case this entity is eternally good and just.   The child should innately feel comfort in the wisdom of this logic and that he too was created, designed, and programmed by this invisible man.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbk49ni8bd6438cmd1zo

We'll meet again (dammit)
Don't know where (CR, duh)
Don't know when (probably this afternoon)
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day (shrug)

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.34.06 AM.png

one can dream. I want to know how he went from ~-50 rep to +500 in one day.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1