Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Desantis had his investigators comb through the DA’s cases looking for dereliction, but decided to fire him anyway with citing any evidence to support his action. By the time he gets as fat as Trump, he’ll be a full blown Nazi.

• Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

Desantis had his investigators comb through the DA’s cases looking for dereliction, but decided to fire him anyway with citing any evidence to support his action. By the time he gets as fat as Trump, he’ll be a full blown Nazi.

that sorta implies he's not already

22 hours ago, skeeter said:

Who the fuck is Chad Prather?

He is a conservative comedian and political commentator who moved to Texas (from Georgia) and ran for governor in the primary where he lost to Abbott. His schtick is his proclamation that he is "unapologetically Southern. Consider him the king of the truck dwelling video people, except he actually has a YouTube channel, wears a cowboy hat instead of a baseball cap, and has a college degree. IOW, he's figured out how to catch eyeballs and dollars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Trump versus a smarter, more appalling version of Trump will be the GQP’s wet dream. This presidential election cycle is going to have a shit ton of money and conflict and a bunch of roads that lead to nothing good.  Desantis’ last year is taking everything to a new level.

Edited by Brew
  • Rage+1 2

Torbush

Just because you’re a veteran doesn’t mean you belong in the classroom 

Why do you hate the veterans?

Seriously though, "the requirements for teaching have been too rigid"? The requirements for teaching are a little bit of training and even less content knowledge. That dopey fuck really has zero respect for education or teachers.

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

Torbush

Just because you’re a veteran doesn’t mean you belong in the classroom 

This will turn out well.  The party of "It's the mental illness!" is going to invite PTSD-suffering vets in to teach and force them come to work strapped ("more good guys with guns!").  What the fuck could go wrong?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Seriously though, "the requirements for teaching have been too rigid"? The requirements for teaching are a little bit of training and even less content knowledge. That dopey fuck really has zero respect for education or teachers.

a dumb and dumber voting base is VERY good for R's 

kind of interesting, i was just reading about one of desantis's legislative efforts as governor and he signed an "anti-riot" law in april 2021.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/whats-in-floridas-anti-riot-bill-hb-1-12147768

i found this part to be interesting in light of the shit-for-brains element of this country acting like idiots over the last couple of weeks.  i wonder if he will actually enforce this.

No publication of personal information allowed

The law makes it a first-degree misdemeanor to publish someone's personal identifying information online with the intent of them being hurt, harassed, or threatened. In Florida, first-degree misdemeanors are punishable by up to one year in jail.

So DeSantis is saying that people who get a degree in education/teaching are less qualified than people with "real world" experience?

Is he going to remove doctors, nurses, EMTs , etc from the medical field for Boy Scout troop leaders who removed a splinter during a day hike with a fanny pack first aid kit?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So DeSantis is saying that people who get a degree in education/teaching are less qualified than people with "real world" experience?

Every accusation is a confession. He means the exact opposite of what he’s saying. When he says, "You see institutions being infected with ideology at the expense of facts and reality," what he really means is that he wants to teach ideology rather than facts and reality. Students shouldn’t learn to think for themselves. The ideologues, the right-wing politicians and the mystics, will tell them what to think. Classical education is under attack from the right; has been for decades.

The GOP is the party of “alternative facts.” “What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” Truth is whatever they say it is, not what is determined by facts and evidence. It’s a con game.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Y’all gonna melt hard when he’s president, huh.

Simpleton dipshits trolling with “melt hard” memes when their own ilk get themselves shot in the face for invading the capitol as a hard melt when they lose the election or shot in a cornfield for assaulting a federal building because they “melt hard” because their cult leader can’t follow his own law is pretty…unintentionally amusing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Every accusation is a confession. He means the exact opposite of what he’s saying. When he says, "You see institutions being infected with ideology at the expense of facts and reality," what he really means is that he wants to teach ideology rather than facts and reality. Students shouldn’t learn to think for themselves. The ideologues, the right-wing politicians and the mystics, will tell them what to think. Classical education is under attack from the right; has been for decades.

The GOP is the party of “alternative facts.” “What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” Truth is whatever they say it is, not what is determined by facts and evidence. It’s a con game.

This cannot be repeated enough. 

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do you really think things will be better?  Really?  If you really believe that, explain why. 

Uh, he's going to make liberals--and really anyone who thinks that education is valuable--upset. What else is there?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Florida school district now requires teachers to out LGBTQ students because of “Don’t Say Gay”

One teacher told her students not to come out to her: "I don't want to come home every night and know that I may have contributed to one of my students being harmed."

The Sarasota County School district adopted a new policy in the wake of the Don’t Say Gay law that requires teachers to out students to their parents if they identify as LGBTQ and to seek parental permission to refer to transgender students with the correct name or pronouns.

The new policy says: “If a student tells us that (they) are gay/gender questioning/trans, etc parent must be notified.”

A screenshot of a flow chart that illustrates the process a student must follow to be referred to with the correct name and pronouns was leaked to WUSF. It shows that a teacher must contact administration if a student asks the teacher to refer to them with a certain name or pronouns.

The administration will then contact the student’s parents to get consent for referring to the student correctly. If the parents don’t give consent, staff must deadname and misgender the student. If they do give consent, they have to meet with school administration to develop and sign a “gender support plan.”

School board member Bridget Ziegler, who supports the policy change, compared outing LGBTQ kids to informing parents that their child has been suspended.

“What if a child was saying, ‘Hey, my parents are really strict, I’m afraid to tell them that I got a suspension.’ Why is it different? It’s not,” she told the Herald-Tribune.

One teacher said that the plan changes how she interacts with students.

“I have several kids that are transgender that have preferred names,” said Gail Foreman of Booker High School. “And you know, we had to tell them, if you want to use your preferred name, I have got to call guidance, and they’re going to get a hold of your parents, and then your parents are going to meet with guidance. So guys, don’t say anything to me, if you’re not out at home.”

Foreman said that she doesn’t want to have to out students at all to their parents because of potential child abuse and suicide.

“If they get ahold of the parent, the parent comes into school, we believe everything’s all hunky dory, and that kid goes home,” she explained. “And then we get a call that the kid’s committed suicide, that kid’s in the hospital because the parent beat the snot out of them. I don’t want to come home every night and know that I may have contributed to one of my students being harmed.”

Derek Reich teaches history at Sarasota High School and said that the district told him he’s not even allowed to call students by nicknames without parental permission.

“This last week, our school district told us that look, Jonathan, whose government name is Jonathan, if you want to call him anything else — like his friends call him John, his parents call him John. If you want to call him by his nickname, John, you have to get a permission slip for him to call any student that wants to be called by something other than their official name on their birth certificate,” he said.

“So there are so many minor things that teachers are concerned about. If I can’t call Jonathan ‘John,’ when everyone in his family does without getting a permission slip signed, that’s a really difficult place to be as a teacher,” Reich added.

The Don’t Say Gay law was passed earlier this year and bans discussions of sexual orientation and gender identity in younger grades and requires such discussions to be “developmentally appropriate” in older grades. The law has been criticized for being vague – instead of defining those terms, it simply allows parents to sue school districts if they feel that the law has been violated.

The law also prohibits schools from withholding certain information from parents.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/08/florida-school-district-now-requires-teachers-lgbtq-students-dont-say-gay/

• Rage+1 1

On 5/22/2022 at 5:42 PM, Bama Chick said:

The president of our Med Staff - Ortho Surgeon - had to resign his position as president because he won’t get vaxxed.

And his wife - CRNA - got fired because she won’t get vaxxed and was commenting on our hospital Facebook page conspiracy garbage about the vaccine.

And our hospital president just announced last week all staff will continue to wear masks at work until we have 100% vaccination.

I thought the provision that any healthcare facility that gets Medicare reimbursements had to have 100% vaccination was the one mandate upheld by SCOTUS but I may have misunderstood. Or this is some sort of half ass compromise.

Better believe the complaining from those of us vaccinated is getting more pronounced and loud towards the assholes who won’t get the vaccine. We’re being held hostage by these assholes - who, ironically, are also the ones most likely to bitch about wearing masks.

I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that wearing a mask in common areas is now part of the dress codes.

Fucking idiots.

A college roommate of mine (GI) is a trumptard.  He's always posting stupid shit on his FB page.

Edited by DDD Dad

On 8/14/2022 at 11:38 PM, tchookem said:

All the requirements in teaching mean only teachers want to teach. 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:47 PM, sidis said:

Simpleton dipshits trolling with “melt hard” memes when their own ilk get themselves shot in the face for invading the capitol as a hard melt when they lose the election or shot in a cornfield for assaulting a federal building because they “melt hard” because their cult leader can’t follow his own law is pretty…unintentionally amusing. 

I genuinely laughed out loud watching a local news segment where they were talking to students joining the FBI Teen Academy about fighting domestic terrorism while showing videos of January 6th.   

32 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I genuinely laughed out loud watching a local news segment where they were talking to students joining the FBI Teen Academy about fighting domestic terrorism while showing videos of January 6th.   

The attack on our capitol may be funny to you, mother fucker… [/beto]

32 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The attack on our capitol may be funny to you, mother fucker… [/beto]

I just enjoyed seeing their footage playing during an interview about training against domestic terrorists.  For some reason nobody will publicly name them for their actions--domestic terrorists.  They're screaming about the left indoctrinating youth about gay, etc, so it's extra funny seeing the youth being indoctrinated against their actions. Because on January 6th, hacks on the right terrorized the nation's capital.  It's great seeing those olds getting the fame they sought with the results they didn't.  

5 hours ago, troph said:

I didn’t tell a single person until I was 26, I didn’t tell a second person until I was 36, by the time I was 38 I had only told 4-5, and it wasn’t until I was 40 that I told everyone. Why didn’t I say something at 10 or 11? Because I didn’t want to be physically assaulted by people more powerful than me, I didn’t want to be kicked out of my home, I didn’t want to be sent to a mental hospital, and I didn’t want the pressure which might lead to suicide. Maybe I was smart, I think I make good decisions certainly strategic ones, but the truth was it was pretty clear I was alone. Today kids aren’t alone so they have the courage to come out, but in a sense that makes it worse because home life can still be just as dangerous as I was afraid it was. I feel for these Florida kids. It’s not an easy time to be queer and in some ways it’s harder now than when I was young. Fuck Ken Paxton fuck Ron desantis and fuck all of the haters here and anywhere.

That really sucks and it's exactly what pieces of shit like @Johnny Sack @Incredulity and @Anastasis want.  They crave that people who aren't like them to be miserable. 

It's the Christian way. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That really sucks and it's exactly what pieces of shit like @Johnny Sack @Incredulity and @Anastasis want.  They crave that people who aren't like them to be miserable. 

It's the Christian way. 

Love being tagged into a thread and discussion that I haven't posted in for over 6 months.

Edited by Anastasis