Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

36 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What if Ron DeSantis was really early 20th century Chicago Cubs hurler, Mordecai "Three Finger Brownie" Brown?  

And seriously, this site's lack of turn-of-the-last-century obscure, mutilated obscure baseball pitchers from the North is fucking embarrassing.  

But the pudding was brown, right?  

My photoshop skills are ass, my dude.

A842E2C6-1DD2-47B3-B355-0A32B316D876.jpeg

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Haha 1

Trump is going to destroy him

There is no party but Trump. The party is Trump, Trump is the party. DeSantis is objectively scarier than trump (he’s just as craven, but also has a scintilla of competence), but he has ZERO CHANCE of defeating him. A majority of the party base is locked-in on Trump. They would literally drink Guyana punch for him. You aren’t getting them to switch over. You can’t win without them. This “race” was over before it started.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Burt said:

DeSantis will wind up being Trump's running mate. 

Honestly, that's the best play for both of them if they were able to swallow their pride (lulz). 

It's about the only chance that Trump has to win, bringing some of the never-Trumper Republicans back into the fold, who will talk themselves into Trump being worth it for 12 years of a Republican POTUS.

All Ronnie has to do is bend the knee.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Honestly, that's the best play for both of them if they were able to swallow their pride (lulz). 

It's about the only chance that Trump has to win, bringing some of the never-Trumper Republicans back into the fold, who will talk themselves into Trump being worth it for 12 years of a Republican POTUS.

All Ronnie has to do is bend the knee.

it won’t work. Trump isn’t listening to anyone but himself on the vp pick 

EC09CF29-F4B9-4674-A7CE-DC6AD974BFA0.jpeg

On 3/27/2023 at 8:12 PM, HenryJames said:

i feel like entire chapters of future history books - hell, entire books - will be written trying to dissect and explain how this fucking ridiculous, disgusting, narcissistic clown of a person managed to fool 75 million Americans.

i will never, ever, ever understand it. and i'm related to some of those people! and they aren't all stupid! most are college educated!

instead of trying to figure out what, if any, issue will get those voters to flip (answer: none. well, maybe if their own child gets their face blown off in a school shooting, but they wouldn't be happy about it, dammit), Democrats would do better to study up on cult deprogramming methods and brainwashing cures. 

i will say it's at least slightly amusing knowing every time one of those FOX shitheels like Hannity is nodding in agreement with him that the world now knows they are actually thinking 'i can't believe i have to sit here and agree with this shithead'.

and they know the world knows lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

meatball going to meatball Bwahahahaha….

"Today, the corporate kingdom finally comes to an end," DeSantis said Monday at a Reedy Creek fire station in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. "There's a new sheriff in town and accountability will be the order of the day."

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is f’ing beautiful. Read about the King George portion

That declaration is valid until “21 years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, king of England,” according to the document.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Someone explain this to me like I’m five. 

Disney had Reedy Creek's former board in their final meeting put in language that binds the future board for 30 years. So decisions already made about Reedy Creek cannot be undone by the new board. They did it all in a public session. They did not have debate over it but it was on the public agenda so it slipped through as DeSantis was patting himself on the back for "owning woke Disney". This is the best breakdown I've found so far.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/03/declaration-of-restrictive-covenants-in-effect-until-21-years-after-the-death-of-the-last-surviving-descendant-of-king-charles-iii/

The King Charles part was a direct middle finger back to DeSantis over his "corporate kingdom has come to an end" comment. 

Disney also had them add in a stipulation that any legal proceedings had to go through the Circuit Court in Orange County, a move to not allow DeSantis to venue shop a lawsuit with a favorable judge. 

Since this new district is basically just Reedy Creek renamed, everything stipulated before is valid. So again, Disney didn't say anything because they didn't have to. I'd imagine their lawyers were working since DeSantis started this to find the best way to stealthy maintain control. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Disney had Reedy Creek's former board in their final meeting put in language that binds the future board for 30 years. So decisions already made about Reedy Creek cannot be undone by the new board. They did it all in a public session. They did not have debate over it but it was on the public agenda so it slipped through as DeSantis was patting himself on the back for "owning woke Disney". This is the best breakdown I've found so far.

https://wdwnt.com/2023/03/declaration-of-restrictive-covenants-in-effect-until-21-years-after-the-death-of-the-last-surviving-descendant-of-king-charles-iii/

The King Charles part was a direct middle finger back to DeSantis over his "corporate kingdom has come to an end" comment. 

Disney also had them add in a stipulation that any legal proceedings had to go through the Circuit Court in Orange County, a move to not allow DeSantis to venue shop a lawsuit with a favorable judge. 

Since this new district is basically just Reedy Creek renamed, everything stipulated before is valid. So again, Disney didn't say anything because they didn't have to. I'd imagine their lawyers were working since DeSantis started this to find the best way to stealthy maintain control. 

That all sounds hilarious.  Also, what is Reedy Creek?

4 hours ago, mchookem said:

i feel like entire chapters of future history books - hell, entire books - will be written trying to dissect and explain how this fucking ridiculous, disgusting, narcissistic clown of a person managed to fool 75 million Americans.

i will never, ever, ever understand it. and i'm related to some of those people! and they aren't all stupid! most are college educated!

instead of trying to figure out what, if any, issue will get those voters to flip (answer: none. well, maybe if their own child gets their face blown off in a school shooting, but they wouldn't be happy about it, dammit), Democrats would do better to study up on cult deprogramming methods and brainwashing cures. 

i will say it's at least slightly amusing knowing every time one of those FOX shitheels like Hannity is nodding in agreement with him that the world now knows they are actually thinking 'i can't believe i have to sit here and agree with this shithead'.

and they know the world knows lol.

He’s not fooling most of them. He’s their preference as is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Reedy Creek is the district that was set up by Walt before his death to oversee development of the area. It basically runs the utilities, fire, police, permits, and zoning for the entire WDW area and land that he purchased. He didn't like how Anaheim controlled as much with Disneyland so when he made the investment in Florida, he wanted assurances that Disney could run things more independently. It helped relieve the burden off the local government. I believe it has taxing and bonding authority which it uses to add on to the area. He didn't want to have to go to the local government for approval every time he wanted to add onto the area. The district had the authority to build an airport and nuclear reactor if it wanted but never did. It's a fairly well run, self-sustaining district. It lasted for 60 years until Meatball Ron got angry at Disney for speaking out against the Don't Say Gay bill. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't know what the proper nomenclature is in Florida, but it sounds like Texas' version of a PUD (public utility district) or a MUD (municipal utility district) that was established years ago to manage the land and its development for the purposes of supporting Disney World.

DeeSantis wanted to take it over as a way to stimy or fuck around with Disney because they don't want to discriminate against the LGBTQ+ community along with their public opposition to Florida's "Don't Say Gay" bill, whose author by the way was just indicted for Covid relief fraud and money laundering. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I don't know what the proper nomenclature is in Florida, but it sounds like Texas' version of a PUD (public utility district) or a MUD (municipal utility district) that was established years ago to manage the land and its development for the purposes of supporting Disney World.

DeeSantis wanted to take it over as a way to stimy or fuck around with Disney because they don't want to discriminate against the LGBTQ+ community along with their public opposition to Florida's "Don't Say Gay" bill, whose author by the way was just indicted for Covid relief fraud and money laundering. 

I agree. Ronny is a PUD and “likes to play in the MUD.”

1 minute ago, Woland said:

Yes, they did it all in the light of day and through the proper channels. Disney has incredible lawyers on retainer. I have no doubt they were working on this from the moment it started. I'm sure DeSantis will whine and try to find some legal maneuver but Disney has incredible legs to stand on.

I f'ing hate Trump but I cannot wait until he firebombs Meatball Ron over this. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

ok, this is all pretty damn funny 😄

sure wish one of our surly right wingers would share how it feels to just endlessly find yourself on the same side of every issue as pedophiles, criminals, clowns, dumbasses and aggy.

i mean i'd probably do some serious emotional, moral and mental inventory of myself to figure out what i was missing. but hey, that's me. 😄

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Actually, the 21 years after King Charles, etc. is an effort to make those covenants last as long as possible without violating the Rule Against Perpetuities.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

It's a quirky law, but a guy who wrote his law review feature on the 'law against perpetuities' just got smoked on the law against perpetuities.  Way to go, ronnie!  

To put it another way, this would be like somebody who got their doctorate in getting mouth fucked by Donald Trump because they're fucking stupid.

• Haha 2