Cheez-It Bowl or bust

Boogaloo

45 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Predictions on bowl destination? Texas Bowl vs Arkansas? Cheez-It vs Mac's Orange Slice Boogaloo's Tar Heels?

Anything but coach search talk please

I doubt Arky and TEXAS want to play in a bowl this year since they meet up in Sept 2021...

12 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

All teams are bowl eligible this year. Let’s play Vanderbilt to see if Sarah can out dual Dicker the kicker. My money is on Sarah

Well, she's killer on onside kicks.  They just tell her to kick it as hard as she can towards the side.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This season is a butt fuck what does it matter?

For starters: fandom. Also: optics, program stats, series histories, conference hierarchy, visibility (in no universe does losing a bowl game improves recruiting), our players ending their season with a win

Tom is either gone or he isn't. The bowl game result wouldn't change that in any of 1,000 different timelines. Anyone cheering for Texas to lose or that doesn't care if Texas wins is a shitty fan. I mean, it's your prerogative, I can be a shitty fan sometimes, but I will never cheer for Texas to lose a bowl game (save maybe playing SMU - even then I'd be torn*). That's dumb on so many levels.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

For starters: fandom. Also: optics, program stats, series histories, conference hierarchy, visibility (in no universe does losing a bowl game improves recruiting), our players ending their season with a win

Tom is either gone or he isn't. The bowl game result wouldn't change that in any of 1,000 different timelines. Anyone cheering for Texas to lose or that doesn't care if Texas wins is a shitty fan. I mean, it's your prerogative, I can be a shitty fan sometimes, but I will never cheer for Texas to lose a bowl game (save maybe playing SMU - even then I'd be torn*). That's dumb on so many levels.

I've seen so much horrible shit since my days at Texas. I'm numb. UCLA, Salam going for 300+, trips all over the place. 2 games in S. Bend I've been too. Lost both. Been to applewhite at night in Lincoln. Awesome. So Some good, always fun. The thing that is getting me now is we we're Texas. Totally respected. Even when bad. Now we have lost that. Gotta turn this shit. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

If I never see the word optics again, that will somehow be just fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I wouldn’t call it cheering to lose, it’s more like being so apathetic that you don’t really give a fuck when you’re watching the game.  I’ll keep watching the games, but it’s hard to stay excited when you know Tom is going to turtle up.

Edited by Horn Dogg

7 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

This season is a butt fuck what does it matter? Won't hurt recruiting at this point. We lose to TCU every yr. What ever it takes. 

I've noticed that TCU seems to only prepare for Texas every year and no one else. How it is that you upset Texas almost every year, then go play like total dog shit against OU, Tech and Kansas?

14 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I've noticed that TCU seems to only prepare for Texas every year and no one else. How it is that you upset Texas almost every year, then go play like total dog shit against OU, Tech and Kansas?

You comment as if Texas was good or relevant. There is nothing impressive or irregular about beating Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

Actually a North Carolina vs Texas game would potentially be a good matchup. And yes folks would light their hair on fire if Brown beat us. But for heaven's sake what doesn't make 2/3 of the posters here think they should set their hair on fire in outrage and disappointment? 

IF we still have Tom Herman at the helm then I think it's great matchup for Texas, and especially for Herman.  Now you could argue that a loss would make most everyone want to fire Herman and hire... (insert your non-Urban Meryer fave here). But that is already the situation Herman and the team find themselves in.  On the flip side what if the team wakes up,  and kicks ass?  Doesn't that provide a rallying point for the team? And to some extent the fan base? (not dumb enough to know that a huge portion of fans will sort of be rooting for a loss to justify their internet postings of HermHate.). 

At least  for me it would be a game worth watching.  I guess the outcome would either be the nail in the coffin, or a rallying point during the off season?

Edited by horn4life

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

Actually a North Carolina vs Texas game would potentially be a good matchup. And yes folks would light their hair on fire if Brown beat us. But for heaven's sake what doesn't make 2/3 of the posters here think they should set their hair on fire in outrage and disappointment? 

IF we still have Tom Herman at the helm then I think it's great matchup for Texas, and especially for Herman.  Now you could argue that a loss would make most everyone want to fire Herman and hire... (insert your non-Urban Meryer fave here). But that is already the situation Herman and the team find themselves in.  On the flip side what if the team wakes up,  and kicks ass?  Doesn't that provide a rallying point for the team? And to some extent the fan base? (not dumb enough to know that a huge portion of fans will sort of be rooting for a loss to justify their internet postings of HermHate.). 

At least  for me it would be a game worth watching.  I guess the outcome would either be the nail in the coffin, or a rallying point during the off season?

It would probably be a pretty good game. 

Herman beating UNC would do absolutely nothing to make me think he's going to ever going to be better than a .650 coach. That's what he has proven to be.

So no, I don't think it would really "rally" anyone. It would be like beating Oklahoma St.

I’d like to play in a bowl game. It would basically be spring practice since most Everyone on the team is opting out so basically we’d see all the young kids.  Sure we are gonna get mudholed like a mother trucker but the first time most these kids will see action is next year. May as well get them used to the lights now 

42 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

CBS bowl projection has us back in the Texas bowl against Arkansas..  UNC with the win over the Canes slides them up to a NY6 Orange Bowl appearance against aggy. 

That'd work for me though, in a year of "who gives an F" and gimmicks, I still think it'd be cool to play Tennessee.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

CBS bowl projection has us back in the Texas bowl against Arkansas..  UNC with the win over the Canes slides them up to a NY6 Orange Bowl appearance against aggy. 

Orange Slices vs JImbo in Orange Bowl? Intriguing! Could be interesting to see how the two corches match wits in this one. A&M's first NY6 Bowl game too. Could be exciting indeed!

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

Orange Slices vs JImbo in Orange Bowl? Intriguing! Could be interesting to see how the two corches match wits in this one. A&M's first NY6 Bowl game too. Could be exciting indeed!

I think it would be one of the best matchups of all the bowls.. UNC can score and score fast.. but can't play defense. Jimbo's slow pounding offense with a bend but don't break defense.

• Hook 'Em 1