Cheez-It Bowl or bust

Boogaloo

Bad news for Herman:  Only has 9 days to scheme for Colorado.  Good news for Herman:  He only needs to scheme for Colorado 

Can't see any reason we lose this game.  7-3 final record, bringing his average losses per season down to 4.5 from 5.0.  
Yeah, as stated above.  May as well book the same hotel while we're down there because we'll likely be back there again in December of 2021.  

Conference Championships are for other programs, not ours apparently.  

Interesting. CU did way better than expectations this year, but Texas should be able to just pure out-talent the Buffs. Might be a good game. Might get ugly. 

Out-talent? Hahaha. Because that’s what Mensa’s teams do.

You mean “play-down”. Plus he doesn’t have 3 weeks to prepare and we have opt-outs. Will be a close one.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Bad news for Herman:  Only has 9 days to scheme for Colorado.  Good news for Herman:  He only needs to scheme for Colorado 

Can't see any reason we lose this game.  7-3 final record, bringing his average losses per season down to 4.5 from 5.0.  
Yeah, as stated above.  May as well book the same hotel while we're down there because we'll likely be back there again in December of 2021.  

Conference Championships are for other programs, not ours apparently.  

National championships are for other conferences, not ours apparently.

1 minute ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Alamo Bowl is the new Holiday Bowl for the Longhorns

This.  Running joke on Longhorn Fan Zone was Mack Brown's Holitton Bowl penchant.  The Alamo Bowl, back then, was in the middle of the pack for the Big XII so I guess we should be happy we avoided it for the most part.  The league was locked into it since 1996, and we were only relegated to it once between 1996 and 2006.  However, since 2012, we've been there 4 times.  Which is a lot for one bowl game, one team.  Pepper in two Texas Bowls in Houston during that same time frame, and the Texamo Bowl is the new Holitton Bowl for the Longhorns.  In the last 9 seasons, it's 4 Alamos, 2 Texas Bowls, 2 seasons with no bowls (thanks, Charlie), and that 1 magical Sugar Bowl that del Conte can't shut the fuck up about. 

I know there's a massive geographical component to bowl game selections...but it often comes at a price of prestige and payout.  Since 2011, the Longhorns have played exactly one bowl game outside of our state borders.  One bowl only, Vasily.  We don't play for conference championships at Texas.  Least we could do is play for bigger bowl games.  But nope...

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This.  Running joke on Longhorn Fan Zone was Mack Brown's Holitton Bowl penchant.  The Alamo Bowl, back then, was in the middle of the pack for the Big XII so I guess we should be happy we avoided it for the most part.  The league was locked into it since 1996, and we were only relegated to it once between 1996 and 2006.  However, since 2012, we've been there 4 times.  Which is a lot for one bowl game, one team.  Pepper in two Texas Bowls in Houston during that same time frame, and the Texamo Bowl is the new Holitton Bowl for the Longhorns.  In the last 9 seasons, it's 4 Alamos, 2 Texas Bowls, 2 seasons with no bowls (thanks, Charlie), and that 1 magical Sugar Bowl that del Conte can't shut the fuck up about. 

I know there's a massive geographical component to bowl game selections...but it often comes at a price of prestige and payout.  Since 2011, the Longhorns have played exactly one bowl game outside of our state borders.  One bowl only, Vasily.  We don't play for conference championships at Texas.  Least we could do is play for bigger bowl games.  But nope...

We haven't been to a Cotton Bowl since 03. Some of that due to bigger things but still that is a long time. Especially in our current SA-HOU bowl rotation.

On 12/20/2020 at 1:28 PM, jdhorn92 said:

Welcome to the start of SEC bowl season in a few weeks. Just a reminder, you have two narrative options this year as always.

1) The bowl result proves how dominant the SEC is 

2) The SEC team didn’t want to be there when they lose. 

Only LSU and Vandy are not going bowling. That's a prescription for many losses in the bowl season for SEC. I'm looking at sure fire losses by SCe, Tenn, Miss St, Mizzou, Arky, Aubarn.  That's 6 of 12. And you can never count out A&M and Georgia from losing in big games. Florida might win against OU...if they don't get a hold of an Okie's shoe may be!

• 2 years later...
41 minutes ago, Underdog said:

A bucket of pop tart bites. 
image.jpeg.80751dc7d4f96deaff5731042070c1d7.jpeg

I didn’t know that was a thing. I was just wondering why they don’t make something like that. I was thinking they could make a Pop-Tarts cereal. I don’t know how big those are but if they’re small enough then you could put them in a bowl with milk and eat them with a spoon. 

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I didn’t know that was a thing. I was just wondering why they don’t make something like that. I was thinking they could make a Pop-Tarts cereal. I don’t know how big those are but if they’re small enough then you could put them in a bowl with milk and eat them with a spoon. 

My kids prefer these over the original ones. They are a little thicker than frosted mini wheats.

38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

image.jpeg.8a8d73bba3a1969c9dc6eb5b9b037531.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, Underdog said:

image.jpeg.8a8d73bba3a1969c9dc6eb5b9b037531.jpeg

It’s weird that they made the cereal sort of like frosted mini-wheats but with filling. I was imagining just mini pop-tarts. I think that would work. I guess maybe it’s because the crusts aren’t really crunchy and apparently people like their cereal stuff crunchy. But I don’t know. I think crunch is overrated and mini-wheats aren’t that crunchy. I love Pop-Tart crusts. I’d be tempted to try the brown sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts cereal just because Kellogg’s stopped making brown sugar cinnamon frosted mini-wheats. I have no idea why they did that but I’ve also noticed that it’s harder to find cinnamon flavored chewing gum these days. Maybe cinnamon is losing its popularity as a flavor. I don’t know how that could be. People love cinnamon. It should be on tables at restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime anyone says, "Oh, this is so good. What's in it?" The answer invariably comes back cinnamon. Cinnamon, again and again.

Anyway, I stopped at the store this morning and they had the Pop-Tarts Bites in frosted strawberry, blueberry, and chocolate fudge. They were in the same section with the regular Pop-Tarts. I’d just never noticed them before. I checked twice and they didn’t have the cereal. Now I’m curious. I have two more grocery stops to make soon, tonight or tomorrow, so I’ll be on the hunt. Surely Kroger will have it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

Cheez-It Bowl still lives.

They're sponsoring the NYD bowl in the same stadium. 

https://cheezitcitrusbowl.com/

CheezItCitrusBowl-4c-e1669740529447.png

No, that is the Citrus Bowl with Cheez-It as a sponsor.  The Cheez-It Bowl that is now the Pop Tart Bowl is a completely different event.  Your confusion is understandable, though.  I will forgive you for disrespecting the sanctity of the Blockbuster/Carquest/MicronPC/MicronPC.com/Visit Florida Tangerine/Mazda Tangerine/Champ Sports/Russell Athletic/Camping World/Cheez-It/Pop-Tarts Bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ScottS said:

No, that is the Citrus Bowl with Cheez-It as a sponsor.  The Cheez-It Bowl that is now the Pop Tart Bowl is a completely different event.  Your confusion is understandable, though.  I will forgive you for disrespecting the sanctity of the Blockbuster/Carquest/MicronPC/MicronPC.com/Visit Florida Tangerine/Mazda Tangerine/Champ Sports/Russell Athletic/Camping World/Cheez-It/Pop-Tarts Bowl.

How do you determine the lineage when both location and sponsor have changed?

• 5 months later...